Breezy Swim is "single use" not a skin unlock?!?

Not going to spend even 1/10th the gems until this is clarified.  All other "armor skins" items are skin unlocks and state so clearly on the item description in the shop while these swim wear items are stating that they "Contain single use armor skin for the coat and legs"...they dont even mention the bracelet at all...and no mention of a skin unlock while all other items of the same category all clearly state they unlock the skin.

EDITED To clarify. With no preview we cannot see the individual items and thus cant confirm like we can with all other sets...we are limited to the wording available which is only "Single use item". This is not the case with any other sets on the shop.

Edited by wolonggong.3469
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

They are skin unlocks, they are called "Single use items" because its a bundle that gets auto opened once you get it in your inventory. they unlock for all weights and the bracelet is only in the Tropical set, not the breezy swim set

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

They are skin unlocks, they are called "Single use items" because its a bundle that gets auto opened once you get it in your inventory. they unlock for all weights and the bracelet is only in the Tropical set, not the breezy swim set

The problem is there is no preview. With other sets, being able to view each item shows the "This skin will be unlocked" message on them and I trust Anet about as much as I trust the government.

• Like 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

I can confirm all the skins do unlock in the wardrobe, for all armour weights. You also get single-use items to apply each skin once without having to use transmutation charges. I don't think there's any armour or weapon skins which aren't included in the wardrobe.

7 minutes ago, wolonggong.3469 said:

...they dont even mention the bracelet at all...

There are two different sets: The 2,000 gem Tropical Beach Pack includes the bracelet (and sandals and hat) along with the tropical chest and legwear. The 1000 gem Breezy Swim Pack includes only the breezy swim top and bottoms (the bikini ones, which are different to the tropical ones).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wolonggong.3469 said:

The problem is there is no preview. With other sets, being able to view each item shows the "This skin will be unlocked" message on them and I trust Anet about as much as I trust the government.

I assume the lack of preview is a bug or mistake by whoever set it up, and will be fixed at some point. But if you need that before buying there's no harm in waiting. It will be in the gem store for a while (probably a week or two at least) and will come back periodically after it's removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

There are two different sets: The 2,000 gem Tropical Beach Pack includes the bracelet (and sandals and hat) along with the tropical chest and legwear. The 1000 gem Breezy Swim Pack includes only the breezy swim top and bottoms (the bikini ones, which are different to the tropical ones).

Which makes me trust it even less since the photo for it shows the bracelet lol.

• Confused 12

Just now, wolonggong.3469 said:

Which makes me trust it even less since the photo for it shows the bracelet lol.

There is mixing and matching in the pictures. also, you CAN preview the skin in the wardrobe. search for "Breezy" for the bikini set and "Tropical" for the Tropical cest and legs. the hat, sandals and bracelet are under "Beach"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wolonggong.3469 said:

Oh, you mean the plain metal arm band next to the top in the Breezy Swim Pack, not the shell bracelet? That (and a matching necklace) are what male characters get instead of the bikini top, but it's not a hand (or shoulder) skin, it's part of the chest piece.

It's definitely worth previewing it through the bank, and on both male and female characters, before buying because the two are quite different.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, wolonggong.3469 said:

At this point you're just looking for excuses to complain lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, wolonggong.3469 said:

Go to bank npc and preview it through wardrobe tab. That way, not only you can preview it on any character with any gear combination, but it should also make it clear that it will be unlocked in your wardrobe like any other skin.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I get the complaint about the 'single-use' wording bc it is misleading, but that has been clarified so it's a non-issue . . .

I get the complaint about not being able to preview but the workaround has been explained so that's a non-issue . . .

I don't get the complaints about the price bc if you don't want it, don't buy it? I'm not. /shrug . . .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Incurve Giidis.7829 said:

like these i guess?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Strider's_Medium_Armor_Skin

i cant believe ppl are content with this, especially considering its novelty

we stopped getting cheap armor sets a long time ago. It was too much work for so little profit (in the past, you could buy them for about 100g). That's why we switched to Outfits as they were easier to make but then again, people were complaining about not being able to mix and match so we started having armor pieces again but this time, more expensive to justify the additional effort to make them compatible with other pieces of armor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Incurve Giidis.7829 said:

...i cant believe ppl are content with this, especially considering its novelty

4 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

...I don't get the complaints about the price bc if you don't want it, don't buy it? I'm not. /shrug . . .

Anyone who wants it can buy it. Anyone who doesn't want it doesn't have to buy it. I'm content with it because I'm not going to buy it either. So, what's the big deal?

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Incurve Giidis.7829 said:

like these i guess?

more like this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foefire_armor

or this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Etherbound_armor

or that:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ice_Reaver_armor

that as well:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Water_Dragon_armor

I'd say you are couple years late with your disbelief.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

I don't get the complaints about the price bc if you don't want it, don't buy it? I'm not. /shrug . . .

I think it's worth posting as feedback, so Anet are aware that in addition to people who don't want it there are people who were put off by the price. If you just don't buy it there's no way for them to know why.

I don't expect them to change the price, although I'm sure it will be discounted at some point in the future, as all gem store skins are sooner or later. (And at some point it'll be added to the guarenteed wardrobe unlock and maybe other ways to get it without paying for it directly.) But it might affect how they price future items. Although the Breezy Swim Pack (bikini top and bottoms) is in-line with other recent gems store armour pieces, which are 500 gems each.

I think the Tropical pack (the one with the hat, bracelet and sandals) is the first time there's been a gem store armour set which was only available as a complete pack and cost 2,000 gems. It's not the most expensive; the Etherbound, Raven, Ice Reaver and Foefire sets were released as individual pieces for 400 - 500 gems each and don't have a complete bundle, making the cost for a full set 2,800 - 3,000 gems. But of course those allow you to buy only the pieces you want, or to spread the cost out by buying them 1 at a time. (There's also the Water Dragon armour, which is available as individual pieces or a full set, but that costs 1,800 gems as a pack.)

I don't know why they decided to release this one only as a pack, or how they decided on the price, but I assume it's useful for them to know how it affects their customers decision to buy or not buy so they can make informed decisions in future.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

500  gems per piece is not an issue these days, issue is that you have to buy whole set. I for example do not like anything about beach skins but I like tropical ones. So I have to buy 5 skins even though I want only 2. They never did it before with individual skins.

Also I feel like whoever made them slacked a lot at the end with charrs. Maybe I checked wrong but female charr is exactly the same as male charr, even with the beach hat that is different for male and female with other 4 races, why is that? Just does not make sense.

Honestly, those hats should just be 2 skins to begin with. Why not if they are alrady in the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think it's worth posting as feedback, so Anet are aware that in addition to people who don't want it there are people who were put off by the price. If you just don't buy it there's no way for them to know why.

I don't expect them to change the price, although I'm sure it will be discounted at some point in the future, as all gem store skins are sooner or later. (And at some point it'll be added to the guarenteed wardrobe unlock and maybe other ways to get it without paying for it directly.) But it might affect how they price future items. Although the Breezy Swim Pack (bikini top and bottoms) is in-line with other recent gems store armour pieces, which are 500 gems each.

I think the Tropical pack (the one with the hat, bracelet and sandals) is the first time there's been a gem store armour set which was only available as a complete pack and cost 2,000 gems. It's not the most expensive; the Etherbound, Raven, Ice Reaver and Foefire sets were released as individual pieces for 400 - 500 gems each and don't have a complete bundle, making the cost for a full set 2,800 - 3,000 gems. But of course those allow you to buy only the pieces you want, or to spread the cost out by buying them 1 at a time. (There's also the Water Dragon armour, which is available as individual pieces or a full set, but that costs 1,800 gems as a pack.)

I don't know why they decided to release this one only as a pack, or how they decided on the price, but I assume it's useful for them to know how it affects their customers decision to buy or not buy so they can make informed decisions in future.

Sure, ofc. I did not at all mean to imply that someone else's right to complain was in any way less valid than my right to complain about their complaints. But I'd imagine neither has any use at all to anet when compared to their internal metrics . . .

Edited by Gop.8713
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Incurve Giidis.7829 said:

like these i guess?

No it's not like these. What you linked is a medium armor set. The one we're talking about unlocks it for all armor weights. So it's like this one https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raven_armor

Edit: someone else already posted a reply with similar content. So let this just be a reiteration.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1