Elementalist Dagger bug

Apparently you can NEVER blast fields created with Jade Sphere with Frozen Burst anymore, since it seems like fields created by weapon skills take priority over the Jade Sphere ones even if dropped previously, this is very bad

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I figured out, that when you have a target, the blastfinisher doesnt work.

If you want to use the skill, you need to detarget first.

The blast finisher is applied before the ice field is created while having an enemy targeted, leaving the impression that the blast doesn't work, whereas without a target, the finisher is applied after the ice field is created.
That's quite a weird bug indeed.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

The blast finisher is applied before the ice field is created while having an enemy targeted, leaving the impression that the blast doesn't work, whereas without a target, the finisher is applied after the ice field is created.
That's quite a weird bug indeed.

if that were true, you could still blast the firefield that you are also standing in....  but thats not the case. 

alot of the time, there is simply no blastfinisher to be found.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

if that were true, you could still blast the firefield that you are also standing in....  but thats not the case.

Yes, but that's exactly what happened to me. It did blast the fire field I placed before. But it never blasted the Ice field.

However, something else happened that evening. While dueling an Untamed, I apparently blasted the ice field with Frozen Burst, even though I had a target. Basically screwing the whole hypothesis. I even have it recorded.

Nonetheless, Frozen Burst is somewhat buggy when it comes to blasting and even that bug doesn't seem to be consistent.

9 minutes ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

hypothesis.

This bug doesnt happen all the time.  

Its like 30% of times no blastfinisher at all.

30% of the time, you blast the firefield, but not the icefield....

and the rest% it works as intended.

People are just talking about "targeting"  because without a target, it works flawless 100% of the time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

True. It sometimes work and sometimes does not. Something's off.

For me it seems to work while being within a certain range of my target, around 180 units I think. Outside of that, the blast finisher never triggers while having a target, but always triggers without a target.

On 6/27/2024 at 10:28 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

I figured out, that when you have a target, the blastfinisher doesnt work.

If you want to use the skill, you need to detarget first.

Well atleast it's consistent with the, year old or so, dagger changes to fire 3 and earth 3 : P

Posted (edited)

I did some testing.

It appears that after the rework, the blastfinisher is happening on your target and no longer on you.

All you need to do, is either use the skill to directly hit your opponent, cuz then it will blast....  or detarget before using the skill. If you detarget, the skill works as intended.

Edited by Sahne.6950