Weaver Brain Dump

I'm going to just brain dump ideas I've had for Weaver for a while now. A majority of these are PvP-focused and giving Weaver some utility to the party in raids. A lot of them are sporadic ramblings, but I'll try to convey my reasoning.

Traits:

A lot of the traits we've got these days are starting to show their age. I'd love to see these traits be more competitive in general. If you know, you know.

• Elemental Pursuit: Gain superspeed when inflicting inhibiting conditions on enemies.
    • While this trait is neat in theory, in PvE, you won't use this trait. You'll use the other two adept traits. The idea of it is to punish the enemy being crippled, chilled, or immobilized.
    • Reduce the recharge to 3 seconds. 10 seconds is insane.
  • Elemental Refreshment: Grant barrier to yourself and nearby allies when using Dual Attack skills.
    • This trait is intended to provide a little bit of sustain to the Weaver while they do their rotation in PvE, and provide some sustain when using your Dual Attacks in PvP. The amount is so little in PvE to matter as a means of providing barrier to allies. Same deal for PvP.
    • Add cleanse a condition when using a Dual Attack in addition to previous effects.
      • New Description: Grant barrier and remove a condition from yourself and nearby allies when using Dual Attack skills.
  • Swift Revenge: Gain swiftness when using a Dual Attack. Deal increased strike damage to enemies while under the effects of swiftness or superspeed.
    • This trait is great for Strike Damage.
    • Link the Swiftness to Elemental Refreshment, allowing you to share it with allies.
      • New Description: Elemental Refreshment now grants Swiftness. Deal increased strike damage to enemies while under the effects of swiftness or superspeed.
  • Elemental Polyphony: Gain attributes based on your current attunement. When dual attuned, gain both benefits.
    • Mediocre for a grandmaster minor trait. The stats themselves are nice, but could have an additional benefit.
    • Elemental Refreshment grants a boon when using Dual Attack skills. The boon granted is based on your primary attunement.
      • New Description: Gain attributes based on your current attunement. When dual attuned, gain both benefits. Elemental Refreshment grants a boon based on your primary attunement.
      • Fire: Might x3 for 6s in PvP; Might x3 for 10s in PvE. (Extra Might for allies).
      • Water: Resolution for 4s in PvP; Resolution for 6s in PvE. (Extra Resolution for allies).
      • Air: Quickness for 2s in PvP; Fury for 6s in PvE. (Rapid follow-up damage for PvP Weaver, fury upkeep for allies).
      • Earth: Protection for 3s in PvP; Stability x2 for 5s in PvE. (Sustain for Weaver, Utility for allies in PvE).
  • Elements of Rage: Gain a bonus to all damage dealt for a period of time when attuned to a single element. Gain precision based on a percentage of your vitality.
    • In PvE this trait is great. Allows you to run all-zerker gear + scholar rune and all damage increase sigils. In PvP, this trait is used for the precision as well. But the damage mod is barely worth it.
    • Increase the damage mod from 5% to 7% in PvP.
  • Woven Stride: Gain swiftness when you are inflicted with inhibiting conditions. When gaining either superspeed or swiftness, also gain regeneration and cleanse a condition. Swiftness has increased effectiveness.
    • Despite how clunky the trait is, I've actually enjoyed using it in PvP. However, if the change to Elemental Refreshment I have suggested goes through, I won't need that additional damaging condition cleansing... Probably.
    • Change from removing any condition to removing only inhibiting conditions.
      • New Description: Gain swiftness when you inflicted with inhibiting conditions. When gaining either superspeed or swiftness, also gain regeneration and remove an inhibiting condition. Swiftness has increased effectiveness.
  • Invigorating Strikes: Gain vigor when using a Dual Attack. Dodge rolling grants a barrier.
    • This trait is alright. It was fundamental for a lot of things on Weaver in PvP, especially Fire Weaver.
    • Link the Vigor to Elemental Refreshment, allowing you to share it with allies.
      • New Description: Elemental Refreshment now grants Vigor. Dodge rolling grants you barrier.
  • Like 2

About Woven Stride, I know they should have fixed the increased effectiveness of swiftness as it didn't work for 5 years, but ... does anyone really feel the 40% movement speed instead of 33% ?
I mean we have a relic with +66% movement speed, and they already have tweaked nerfed the synergy with Cleansing Water clearly they should improve this aspect, like +50% movement speed at least.

Cool ideas. I think having that much base group support might be a bit much, but it would be really cool if they could rework Invigorating Strikes to apply any self buffs gained from dual attacks to be group-wide; that'd open a ton of dedicated support options. For instance, we could have something like self alac-being applied to duals on Weaver's Prowess and/or self-quick to duals on Swift Revenge, allowing Weavers to function sort of like a Chronomancer style "pick your boon" support. 

Edited by Sweetbread.3678
  • Like 1