Elementalist "buffs" feedback

Long story short:  Pretty much every skill they touched is now bugged af and the traits just straight up dont work most of the time.

Long story long:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frozen_Burst

This skill is supposed to lay down a frostfield, and then perform a blastfinisher, giving you a frostaura.   

Out of combat it works fine, but when you are in combat.... the blastfinisher is simply gone.  Not only doesnt it blast the Icefield... you also cant use it to blast firefields....    it works like 30% of the time... But most of the time.... just nothing happens.   I dont really know how and why it malfunctions.....  out of combat it works fine....  But in combat....it doesnt work.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diamond_Skin

This trait is supposed to cleanse if you perform a leap or blast finisher.   Same story here...  70% of the time... it just does exactly nothing.    It says it has a 1 second ICD, but it feels like 10 or something... There is 100% something wrong.

Attackspeeds:

Pretty much all Ele Dagger AA´s  have broken attackpeeds since forever kind of.

Dragonsclaw is supposed to have 0,5 second attackspeed.... ingame you notice that its actually roughly 1 attack per seconds... so pretty much half of what its supposed to be.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vapor_Blade supposed to be 0,5 sec atk speed.  actually its 1 atk per second, again, half of what it should be

Air and earth are supposed to atk every 0.75 seconds.... but its also around 1 second attack speed.

And lastly.... i would love it if my https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vapor_Blade wouldnt magically hit my own Elementals.... that would be neat.   like... why can i kill my own summons!? XD 

They REALLY messed up this "rework" if i may say so.

Fix pls.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

This skill is supposed to lay down a frostfield, and then perform a blastfinisher, giving you a frostaura.   

Saw someone say it only works if you deselect target on the day of the patch. Kinda weird.

12 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

All ele AA´s have 50-30% slower attackspeed then intended.

This one's intended, as silly as that sounds. Tooltip cast time hasn't been accurate since day 1. I dunno why, maybe cause of the graphical display the cast times use or something. They also don't include aftercasts.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Saw someone say it only works if you deselect target on the day of the patch.

That would explain why it works outside of combat.... i had no target selected there.

have you heard anything about diamondskin? cuz that the biggest bummer for me.

like imagine:..  

i have diamondskin trait and Smothering auras trait.    i use Frozenburst.

i should cleanse 1 condi for gaining a aura.... and i should cleanse another one for doing a blastfinisher....         

But nothing happens and i melt....    right now, these "changes" are straight nerfs... as you cant use the new traits or skills at all. xD

i relly wish they would test things before pushing them to the live servers.

Edited by Sahne.6950

45 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Long story short:  Pretty much every skill they touched is now bugged af and the traits just straight up dont work most of the time.

Long story long:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frozen_Burst

Out of combat it works fine, but when you are in combat.... the blastfinisher is simply gone.  Not only doesnt it blast the Icefield... you also cant use it to blast firefields....    it works like 30% of the time... But most of the time.... just nothing happens.   I dont really know how and why it malfunctions.....  out of combat it works fine....  But in combat....it doesnt work.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diamond_Skin

This trait is supposed to cleanse if you perform a leap or blast finisher.   Same story here...  70% of the time... it just does exactly nothing.    It says it has a 1 second ICD, but it feels like 10 or something... There is 100% something wrong.

Attackspeeds:

Pretty much all Ele Dagger AA´s  have broken attackpeeds since forever kind of.

Dragonsclaw is supposed to have 0,5 second attackspeed.... ingame you notice that its actually roughly 1 attack per seconds... so pretty much half of what its supposed to be.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vapor_Blade supposed to be 0,5 sec atk speed.  actually its 1 atk per second, again, half of what it should be

Air and earth are supposed to atk every 0.75 seconds.... but its also around 1 second attack speed.

And lastly.... i would love it if my https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vapor_Blade wouldnt magically hit my own Elementals.... that would be neat.   like... why can i kill my own summons!? XD 

They REALLY messed up this "rework" if i may say so.

Fix pls.

Even without the bug....the new diamond skin would still be useless to me at least. I can't bother to do correct math but at first look, you perform loop jumping every 20s or so for a mere 2-3 condis cleared if fast enough...in those 20s a condi reaper/harbinger can potentially fill you up with all condis and with several stacks on each one.

The new diamond skin would have performed well in 2014....not with this overbloated condi spam fest we have now, in 2024 that trait should remove minimum 3 condis for each blast finisher...at minimum but 1 condi removed every leap finisher and 2 with blast finisher ...useless trash joke

Edited by Arheundel.6451

9 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

That would explain why it works outside of combat.... i had no target selected there.

have you heard anything about diamondskin? cuz that the biggest bummer for me.

like imagine:..  

i have diamondskin trait and Smothering auras trait.    i use Frozenburst.

i should cleanse 1 condi for gaining a aura.... and i should cleanse another one for doing a blastfinisher....         

But nothing happens and i melt....      It feels so bad to play the new changes, cuz straight up nothing works as intended xC 

i relly wish they would test things before pushing them to the live servers...

2 condis removed..20s spent plus the aura CD and combo field.....nothing worth testing or using...it's trash, you'd melt even if it'd work

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Even without the bug....the new diamond skin would still be useless to me at least.

i... dont know really... but i believe it can certainly be good.    every 20 seconds is doodoo tho.

when playing D/D you have:  Frozen burst (15) | Convergence (8) | Earthen rush (15) |Earthquake (25) | Churning Earth (25)

What makes this trait potent, for me atleast, is that its adding a steady flow, and even doubling the cleanse of certain actions.

good ol burningspeed -> Earthenrush    will cleanse two now

The burst combo  Convergence -> Burningspeed  will cleanse.

Convergence -> Frozen burst will cleanse two.

Burningspeed -> earthquake -> churning earth will cleanse 3 condis.

i honestly think it adds up.

And especially on staff Support Tempest, it could fill the cleanse hole that you have with the Earth/water/tempest build. This build as a metric ton of blastfinishers to cleanse allies with. 

i can see it being used over stoneheart in condiheavy matches.

It honestly isnt as potent as the old iteration of that trait, when both are active... but the old version also had a "active hitpoints area" while the new trait will work even when you are low hp and desperately need the cleanse.

not a buff.... not a nerf.... its just... new.

Edited by Sahne.6950

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Aftercasts, it's pretty normal.

I don't think there is a formal definition to figure out what the cast times listed in the tooltips even mean because it's just a number a developer writes somewhere with no obligation for it to correspond to reality. BUT if you really needed one, I'd go with "tooltips for a skill will list the maximum time window where an interrupt would do anything against someone casting it".

As in: if someone wanted to interrupt your dragon claw, they would have about 0.5s to do it; if they land the CC after this time window, the skill will still have achieved its desired effect (throw the fiery fan), regardless of the animations your character might be performing at that time; and this listed time should more or less align with the "loading bar" you see on your character when casting the skill.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

Yeah, you got pre-cast, cast and after-cast for most skills with a cast time. The tooltips only show the cast time. (and this is not exclusive to elementalist). On top of that you got projectile speed and some skills sometime only allow another use after the projectile disappear.

That's why PvE benchmarks are made through the gimmick of "stowing your weapon" which allow to cut on the aftercast of some skills.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

tooltips for a skill will list the maximum time window where an interrupt would do anything against someone casting it".

This is prolly the most accurate description of what the "cast time" actually is.