The spear is straight garbage.

Kitty.4806

It's just garbage. No damage, no utility, counter-intuitive skills with no synergy. Slow, sluggish, low damage, and low range.

It's just 100% awful. Not one good thing about it. It feels even WORSE than rifle.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I had some expectations, I’ve like the point of ranged weapon with evades  but right now it’s a big NO NO

No damage, less than a wet noodle, counter intuitive mechanics and clunky AF. As you said feels FAR worse than rifle. ( and rifle is not good, a meme fun weapon  in the best case) but spear is not even funny.

from Pvp / WvW perspective.

AA would be OK if it would do some damage but it don’t. 

2 and F1 have small areas and takes ages since u press the key to the moment when the effect occurs in the selected area so usually nothing is there anymore and is a waste. At least F1 should be damaging the target instead of the area tho solve the problem of people moving during the evade frame.

3 is OKish

4 3/4s cast time interrupt that also need travel time, aim and small contact point. Completely useless against anything that moves.

5 quick cast time but sloooooow dps.  And with a delay if you used at range. Takes about 2s to actually complete the skill if you add to that the weird mechanics based on distance
~>1/2 cast + 1.5 delay if us far + 2s =4s

active means that takes 4 since I’ve press the button until the skill actually finish. That’s ridiculous. 

Additionally no cool mechanic, no cool animations ,no boons ( not even swiftness), o any soft condition of unblocables to compensate the projectile… this weapon not provide nothing new worth.. Nothing. 

this weapon on its current state doesn’t feel good to play. Don’t have a fluid play style at all.

I don’t think that the toolset is bad…. Definitely not cool nor flashy but as a concept for PvP WvW small scale environment could work but it need some changes in numbers (damage, area and specially TIMING). Additionally the weird distance mechanics is not helping the weapon at all (See Captain Crapface video)

I can’t see any reason to buy this expansion at this point. I would buy it if I were a necro main (OP  AF), or Ranger or guardian with cool mechanics and play styles but I’m a warrior main so …..

Let’s see on the next beta but right now is a waste of money for me.

Edited by ApaWanka.2698
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ApaWanka.2698 said:

I had some expectations, I’ve like the point of ranged weapon with evades  but right now it’s a big NO NO

No damage, less than a wet noodle, counter intuitive mechanics and clunky AF. As you said feels FAR worse than rifle. ( and rifle is not good, a meme fun weapon  in the best case) but spear is not even funny.

from Pvp / WvW perspective.

AA would be OK if it would do some damage but it don’t. 

2 and F1 have small areas and takes ages since u press the key to when the effect occurs in the selected area so usually nothing is there anymore and is a waste.

3 is OKish

4 3/4s cast time interrupt that also need travel time, aim and small contact point. Completely useless against anything that moves.

5 quick cast time but sloooooow dps.  And with a delay if you used at range. Takes about 2s to actually complete the skill if you add to that the weird mechanics based on distance
~>1/2 cast + 1.5 delay if us far + 2s =4s

active means that takes 4 since I’ve press the button until the skill actually finish. That’s ridiculous. 

Additionally no boons ( not even swiftness), o any soft condition of unblocables to compensate the projectile…. Nothing. 

I can’t see any reason to buy this expansion at this point. I would buy it if I were a necro main (OP  AF), or Ranger or guardian but I’m a warrior main so …..

Let’s see on the next beta but right now is a waste,

There won't be another beta, so give as much precise feedback as possible.

• Like 3

If they wanted to make a melee weapon (which they obviously did), they should just have gone for it.

But instead we got this piece of something, that feels even worse than Rifle at range and also feels worse than Maces in melee.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@Fueki.4753they could've make melee flipover skills like ranger has. 100x times better mechanic.

@ApaWanka.2698it's broken in pvp because of evade spam. There should never EVER be evade or block on something that can be utilized only by one specialization to it's full potential (I mean spellbreaker obviously) Anet should change it to give boons instead, maybe speed increase and give evade frames or block to other skills instead, aswell as giving other spear skills much needed love...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kitty.4806 said:

Not one good thing about it.

Sadly true. There is nothing good about spear (except that it is a spear type weapon). Devs had such opportunity to create something bad4ss and cool and instead we got this boring garbage. If they changed spear with staff (weapon type) and kept the spear skills, it would literally make no difference to me. It is that boring and bland.

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@Fueki.4753they could've make melee flipover skills like ranger has. 100x times better mechanic.

@ApaWanka.2698it's broken in pvp because of evade spam. There should never EVER be evade or block on something that can be utilized only by one specialization to it's full potential (I mean spellbreaker obviously) Anet should change it to give boons instead, maybe speed increase and give evade frames or block to other skills instead, aswell as giving other spear skills much needed love...

I wouldn’t mind if they remove the evade from F1 that can be abused by SpB and been OP and give 2 charges to 3 or something like that as long as F1 can be buffed with something valuable like good boons ( not just regeneration) or unblocabke or boon strip or something valuable. 

Still I think that the main issue from this weapon is how clunky it feels with all those delays between press a key and the effect happens. And using area targeting added to that is just the last nail for the weapon

• Thanks 2

nah its way stronger than rifle

basically made longbow and rifle into one

or more specifically, they just gave rev hammer to war

or grenade kit what not

finally a warrior weapon that's on par with other classes' weapon, but still needs to include the burst skill to be able to do so, but it's ok i guess

big cleave, good cc without the need to take all the damage in the face.

3 aoe skills that does not get blocked by projectile, 2 evades, 2 cc, ranged

warrior may be able to finally team fight for once and be actually good

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

@Lighter.5631 Spear 3 evade doesn't cover entire animation skill and it's a projectile so not for teamfights :))), F1 cannot be aimed with instant ground targetting, spear 4 sometimes just dissapears (that probably is going to get fixed but still worth mentioning), 

I don't think anyone want another stupid thing such as vindicator 2.0 to be a thing, espec the one that cleanses/heals itself like warrior

literally the only good thing on it is berzerker F1 dealing insanely high dmg 

and ekhem.... you can walk out of spear 5...I repeat, IT IS DODGEABLE BY WALKING.

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@Lighter.5631 Spear 3 evade doesn't cover entire animation skill and it's a projectile so not for teamfights :))), F1 cannot be aimed with instant ground targetting, spear 4 sometimes just dissapears (that probably is going to get fixed but still worth mentioning), 

I don't think anyone want another stupid thing such as vindicator 2.0 to be a thing, espec the one that cleanses/heals itself like warrior

and ekhem.... you can walk out of spear 5...I repeat, IT IS DODGEABLE BY WALKING.

because it doesn't cover the attacking part. that projectile is so short for team fight anyway, it's just for when you get jumped anyway.

the rest of the kits are all good for team fights. you can't just look at one skill and say ok this weapon is done.

what do you mean f1 can't be aimed with instant, i just tested it can.

spear 4 sometimes disppeared, just like literally every projectile in the game.

also you can not walk out of spear 5, i just tested on walking golem. also you literally have 3 skills to combo with it, 2 give cripple, 3 knock back, 4 immob+CC.

core burst is also big damage with evade, amazing for counter pressure

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, GamerToad.9248 said:

doesn't matter tho, you still have 3 skills to guarantee the skill, and nobody is going to walk in a straight line that like in real fight, unless they have to take a trillion extra damage, that would make literally every other skills so much easier to land

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Lighter.5631 said:

doesn't matter tho, you still have 3 skills to guarantee the skill, and nobody is going to walk in a straight line that like in real fight, unless they have to take a trillion extra damage, that would make literally every other skills so much easier to land

The other skills to combo that requires you to be at sniffing range to be able to even land cause a ranged weapon that asks you to be melee.

Its just a worse rifle at this point.

9 minutes ago, GamerToad.9248 said:

The other skills to combo that requires you to be at sniffing range to be able to even land cause a ranged weapon that asks you to be melee.

Its just a worse rifle at this point.

what are you even talking about, you can literally land any of the skills as long as it's within range requirement

it is a mid range weapon any way.

like what are you even talking about, i can literally show you how good it is in game right now

mid range aoe type weapon has always been the most versatile and dominant weapon types in pvp, nade kit, ele scepter etc. that also the most skill intensive weapon type. warrior never had a actual mid range weapon (disregard gunsaber)

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Confused 4

36 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

because it doesn't cover the attacking part. that projectile is so short for team fight anyway, it's just for when you get jumped anyway.

the rest of the kits are all good for team fights. you can't just look at one skill and say ok this weapon is done.

what do you mean f1 can't be aimed with instant, i just tested it can.

spear 4 sometimes disppeared, just like literally every projectile in the game.

also you can not walk out of spear 5, i just tested on walking golem. also you literally have 3 skills to combo with it, 2 give cripple, 3 knock back, 4 immob+CC.

core burst is also big damage with evade, amazing for counter pressure

Small damage in all game modes. Also, I had a literal choya walk out of my spear 5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Aaron.1294 said:

Berserk F1 is worse than sword primal burst. I tried for a while on the golem to make it work, and you'd be better off never switching to spear.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

what are you even talking about, you can literally land any of the skills as long as it's within range requirement

it is a mid range weapon any way.

like what are you even talking about, i can literally show you how good it is in game right now

mid range aoe type weapon has always been the most versatile and dominant weapon types in pvp, nade kit, ele scepter etc. that also the most skill intensive weapon type. warrior never had a actual mid range weapon (disregard gunsaber)

Did we saw the same weapon? its a 900 range weapon where the skills peak effectiveness at 300 range...

skill 5 can be walked out as i shown

skill 4 has cast time and has travel time anyone that has a brain will not be hit by it

skill 3 its buggy and the dodge is really small

skill 2: has a big cast time and the aftershock is so small at max range you might as well not try it.

skill 1: hits like a noodle

f1; 1300 damage at 30 adrenaline 

No boons at all anywhere.

Yeah great weapon.

• Thanks 5

Saying it’s worse than rifle is hyperbole. It’s definitely not. The iframes on it are beautifully done. It really just needs damage and, if you go full damage) can nearly one shot people I kid you not.

The best way to add it, imo, is:

add might to spear auto (1 stack for 7 seconds baseline),

add might to the second impact of spear 2 (3 stacks per target struck),

increase the radius of the impact on spear 2 to 300 at all distances, increase the damage on skill 4,

make skill 5 ACTUALLY HIT MOVING TARGETS,

and add 5 might per target struck to harrier’s toss (and maybe some more damage) 

Good might gen on the weapon will make it far more viable. I like how it plays personally. It’s just under tuned.

those iframes are literally perfect though, they’re an absolute delight to use (until I land a skill short burst skill for 2k in full zerk 🙃)

• Confused 4

39 minutes ago, GamerToad.9248 said:

Did we saw the same weapon? its a 900 range weapon where the skills peak effectiveness at 300 range...

skill 5 can be walked out as i shown

skill 4 has cast time and has travel time anyone that has a brain will not be hit by it

skill 3 its buggy and the dodge is really small

skill 2: has a big cast time and the aftershock is so small at max range you might as well not try it.

skill 1: hits like a noodle

f1; 1300 damage at 30 adrenaline 

No boons at all anywhere.

Yeah great weapon.

you definitely seeing some weird weapon, i can show you mine in-game, but you can't.

like i can literally demonstrate in real time in game all of my statement, unlike some unreal hyperbole people can only talk about.

find me in-game, like i said a trillion times already

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

you definitely seeing some weird weapon, i can show you mine in-game, but you can't.

like i can literally demonstrate in real time in game all of my statement, unlike some unreal hyperbole people can only talk about.

find me in-game, like i said a trillion times already

I don’t think it’s great as you say, but the hyperbole on here with it being straight dead is laughable. I think some might gen and skill 5 actually hitting a moving target will make it a very nice choice.

In our right now but add me in game/send me some mail so I can add you I’d love to duel some time I need practice in warrior mirrors 🙂 

• Confused 3