The spear is straight garbage.

Kitty.4806

28 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I don’t think it’s great as you say, but the hyperbole on here with it being straight dead is laughable. I think some might gen and skill 5 actually hitting a moving target will make it a very nice choice.

In our right now but add me in game/send me some mail so I can add you I’d love to duel some time I need practice in warrior mirrors 🙂 

i think people are talking too much non sense.

this is not the greatest weapon ever, but this is a new type of weapon for warrior that will lift up warrior's playing field finally after 12+ years.

an actual mid range weapon with actual AoE skills, also 5 is actually the first power pulsing AoE and the only pulsing AoE introduced to warrior after longbow burst skill, we all know how strong pulsing AoEs are. it's moving is just a bonus really, many aoes you place and it doesn't move. moving is a bonus and you have 3 more skills in the same weapon set to set it up,

they gave us a mini moving hundred blade in range with short cast time, i literally don't know what else people would ask for, even if you made hundred blade move, people would still walk out of it, unless they make superspeed hundred blade..

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

this is not the greatest weapon ever, but this is a new type of weapon for warrior that will lift up warrior's playing field finally after 12+ years.

an actual mid range weapon with actual AoE skills, also 5 is actually the first power pulsing AoE and the only pulsing AoE introduced to warrior after longbow burst skill, we all know how strong pulsing AoEs are. it's moving is just a bonus really, many aoes you place and it doesn't move. moving is a bonus and you have 3 more skills in the same weapon set to set it up,

they gave us a mini moving hundred blade in range with short cast time, i literally don't know what else people would ask for, even if you made hundred blade move, people would still walk out of it, unless they make superspeed hundred blade..

I agree I think people who had different ideas of what they wanted spear to be are just exceptionally upset Anet didn’t pick their specific idea and are flaming.

Im a bit more critical than you but I also think your view is perfectly reasonable. I also o need more play time during the beta to speak more confidently on what the current state of spear is, though I’m reasonably confident that my impression thus far (slightly undertones but not far off) is close to accurate. 

• Confused 6

4 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

also remind yourself that the forums are like 99% pve players where most of the spears aren't that good
war and ranger definitely seem like two of the better ones for pvp though

there's no way wild throw isn't getting nerfed lol

also idk if it's just me but the evade on 3 is weird and i keep getting knocked out of it, i dunno if it's latency or what

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Confused 3

PVP / Roaming perspective. That weapon is a mess on the actual implementation. Can be good with some tweaks but right now it’s underperforming.

Skills 2 and F1 have small aimed AOE with delays between key press and effect. That means that anyone with a keyboard AWSD can avoid the damage without even intend to do it. That is just a bad design. 

Aimed skills should have a quick effect happening to actually do something. If I aim something with an small AOE on a certain area and I got rooted with the animation on a place 3/4 +travel time means that when the spear hit the selected place, any foe with half brain will be most likely somewhere else. Much better implementation would be or remove the manual aim so it would hit the foe if he is within range or no evade/block the projectile or revert the order, though the spear on fast cast time and evade during the travel time.

Try to interrupt with skill 4 something with casting times less than 1.5s is just imposible with the casting time+aim time+travel time. 

Less stories about following the foe mechanic. It’s not a delayed big hit like dragon tooth, skill 5 is a damage over time skill more similar to Guard focus 4 or ranger war horn 4 but with some AOE and a far worse implementation. 

Edited by ApaWanka.2698
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ApaWanka.2698 said:

4 3/4s cast time interrupt that also need travel time, aim and small contact point. Completely useless against anything that moves.

It's basicly the guardian longbow three skill and that skill is already human excrement because of the long cast time and slow projectile speed. The cast time on the fourth skill for warrior has to be decreased by a lot. It should not be higher than .25 seconds and the aoe should be slightly bigger too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

For spear 5 to actually hit something?

Playing with it on glass, I saw it's value. It's not earth shaking but there's a solid burst attached to the spear. I also like the evades both Spear 3 and the burst mechanic.

I don't know what you could do with spear other than play glass. Will continue playing with spear to see what else it got

Edited by Verdict is Vengence.6912
I changed comment after playing glass spear

@Kitty.4806I meant PvP. +sword burst is ranged on a MELEE weapon that is... bad to say the very least.

@Lighter.5631F1 can't be aimed at the very end of the cast, you can ONLY aim it by the time you're jumping, not throwing spear

spear 4 is a skillshot, not just another spam skill which makes it more problematic.

spear 3 if it gets reflected u get hit by it because warrior is locked in spear 3 animation (evade frame only last 1/2 sec and casst time 3/4 sec :))

spear 5 doesn't connect with running players because literally every single class has atleast 25% movement speed increase permamently

Edited by Aaron.1294
  • Confused 2

Compared to most people in this chat, I have had the best time with Warrior spear. I am the Worst War player in the game probably but I just love the fluidity of the weapon. 3 to 4 to 5 to throw bolas and laugh at the target as they get pelted. It's been fun. Damage numbers can be tweaked, animation locks can be greased but as for me,  I wasn't expecting much from War so I am happy with how cool the combos are..

• Confused 6

Expected more new weapons than just a spear, mb for elems or necros it will fit well mb rev if buffed but rest seems like you can achive better results keeping the same concept and getting diffrent weapon 

Anet needs to make warrior spear auto attack hit for more damage at its own farthest range for it to be a true range weapon and fix the spell-breaker evade spam with the f1 skill (while making sure that f1 does not have a root animation if the evade is removed so that warrior will not be a sitting duck while using f1 without an evade).

1 hour ago, vrauns.3215 said:

It’s a beta, adjustments will be made, please stop pretending like this is the final weapon state, it’s not.

Unless all of the skills are completely changed, it won't be better. 

Beta or not the diferrents or discriminations can be seen!That was always the case in this stxpxd game I am addicted and supportive to in this days.. thanks to some no-one vision working today at Anet ... So dont try to cut them some slack/get them excuses as they are not that full engaged in this class as they where in the old days.

On 6/28/2024 at 4:31 AM, ApaWanka.2698 said:

PVP / Roaming perspective. That weapon is a mess on the actual implementation. Can be good with some tweaks but right now it’s underperforming.

Skills 2 and F1 have small aimed AOE with delays between key press and effect. That means that anyone with a keyboard AWSD can avoid the damage without even intend to do it. That is just a bad design. 

Aimed skills should have a quick effect happening to actually do something. If I aim something with an small AOE on a certain area and I got rooted with the animation on a place 3/4 +travel time means that when the spear hit the selected place, any foe with half brain will be most likely somewhere else. Much better implementation would be or remove the manual aim so it would hit the foe if he is within range or no evade/block the projectile or revert the order, though the spear on fast cast time and evade during the travel time.

Try to interrupt with skill 4 something with casting times less than 1.5s is just imposible with the casting time+aim time+travel time. 

Less stories about following the foe mechanic. It’s not a delayed big hit like dragon tooth, skill 5 is a damage over time skill more similar to Guard focus 4 or ranger war horn 4 but with some AOE and a far worse implementation. 

sorry if spear takes skill to use, it can easily A tier warrior build, not S but easily A.

somehow after 3 days still non of the naysays DM'ed me in game yet.

i usually take kitten about warrior weapons all the time(post history), but this time, really is simply a gitgud problem when warrior finally gets some weapon with high skill floor and skill ceiling. it's not the weapon, it's you, this time, for real.

not saying this is the perfect weapon, but definitely the one of the better ones

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

sorry if spear takes skill to use, it can easily A tier warrior build, not S but easily A.

somehow after 3 days still non of the naysays DM'ed me in game yet.

i usually take kitten about warrior weapons all the time(post history), but this time, really is simply a gitgud problem when warrior finally gets some weapon with high skill floor and skill ceiling. it's not the weapon, it's you, this time, for real.

not saying this is the perfect weapon, but definitely the one of the better ones

duel me rq

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, vrauns.3215 said:

It’s a beta, adjustments will be made, please stop pretending like this is the final weapon state, it’s not.

And all the adjustment will be numbers going down, obviously.

2 hours ago, vrauns.3215 said:

...which is exactly why feedback needs to be given. From my personal perspective, I'm fine with the general design, but I'm seeing a lot of people saying the damage is lacking, and that's going to be a problem whatever someone thinks of the design.

On 6/27/2024 at 2:15 PM, Kitty.4806 said:

It's just garbage. No damage, no utility, counter-intuitive skills with no synergy. Slow, sluggish, low damage, and low range.

It's just 100% awful. Not one good thing about it. It feels even WORSE than rifle.

bump

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Kitty.4806 said:

Unless all of the skills are completely changed, it won't be better. 

I'm here at minimum want that range to melee with chain that ranger got for their 1 skill, give us some might/cripple with it as a bonus