The spear is straight garbage.

Kitty.4806

On 6/28/2024 at 5:17 AM, oscuro.9720 said:

I agree I think people who had different ideas of what they wanted spear to be are just exceptionally upset Anet didn’t pick their specific idea and are flaming.

The question before the reveal was, "What does warrior need right now?" 

I don't think what we got was on anyones bingo card. 

A bland ranged power weapon that has anti synergy as its main theme. 

Anti synergy with berserker. 

Anti synergy with Spellbreaker. 

Anti synergy with itself. 

And it would need a total rework to fix all that but we all know that won't happen. 

They gonna increase the dmg numbers enough to overshadow all the anti synergy and call it a day. Guaranteed. 

Remember that is THE selling point of the expack for most of us. 

Raids and Housing is simply to niche. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

They gonna increase the dmg numbers enough to overshadow all the anti synergy and call it a day. Guaranteed.

I don't believe in buffs to the numbers, until I see hard, unambiguous confirmation.

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Remember that is THE selling point of the expack for most of us. 

As far as I am concerned, this was the selling point.

Now, with nothing to look forward to and the price being too high again, I don't see myself buying it, unless they choose to bundle it with SotO in the future for the same price.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vardeleanu.8972 said:

My god, I heard it was bad, but that bad ?

There are two, very possibly unintended, gameplay interactions that leads some competitive players to think otherwise. But, those are as I said very likely unintended interactions. I believe a PvE benchmark of 40k was listed on reddit for a Berserker build. There is some weird jank to it, but once that is fixed it will be a good weapon.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Shudders at the memory of Bladesworn and Gunsaber and all the ignored feedback...

Warriors for years: We need a support elite spec. 

Anet: LMAO! HAVE A KNOCKOFF JETSTREAM SAM! GET DUCKED! 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 7:56 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Raids and Housing is simply to niche

Raids maybe, I wouldn’t say that about housing though, 

housing likely has a far larger audience of players then spear has lol, New weapons, they’re cool for about 2 weeks, then they feel as old as all the others lol. 

housing however provides something with longevity. Once the first balance hits, the spears will get nerfed and regardless to how cool their design is they will be forgotten.

housing however, is one of the most requested things on the mmorpg market. 

housing is their selling point. It’s what will generate cash out the store when they sell exclusive houses or furniture and more, it will be their long-term sale of this expansion a stand alone weapon can simply never be the selling point of a expansion. 

21 minutes ago, Purple Effects.2503 said:

housing likely has a far larger audience of players then spear has lol, New weapons, they’re cool for about 2 weeks, then they feel as old as all the others lol. 

housing however provides something with longevity. Once the first balance hits, the spears will get nerfed and regardless to how cool their design is they will be forgotten.

housing is their selling point. It’s what will generate cash out the store when they sell exclusive houses or furniture and more, it will be their long-term sale of this expansion a stand alone weapon can simply never be the selling point of a expansion. 

I'm mildly excited for housing. I want a plush leather chair by the fire, a library of lore books, and a replica of my legendary armor. Also, all my alts hanging out in bikinis.

2 hours ago, Purple Effects.2503 said:

I agree that the current spear will have less users than housing. 

I disagree however that housing as a large target audience. 

It will cost alot of gold to make anything decent. Gold most players don't have. 

And even if, why waste tons of gold for something only yourself will ever see? 

Something that has no benefits other than looking good for you. 

Atleast fashion wars gets seen by others. 

But maybe it's just me. I don't get the appeal behind housing. 

9 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

It will cost alot of gold to make anything decent. Gold most players don't have. 

[citation needed] 

They've shown some wip recipes and they're very cheap. They explicitly split the crafting from guild hall crafting (scribing) too, specifically because those costs don't make sense for a single player.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

[citation needed] 

They've shown some wip recipes and they're very cheap. They explicitly split the crafting from guild hall crafting (scribing) too, specifically because those costs don't make sense for a single player.

The citation is common logic. 

They are cheap. For now. 

Demand will go up for everything needed. 

People will start flipping mats. 

Also what is even cheap? 

For me, 5g is nothing. But I know many people who see 5g as alot. 

It's also a question of how many decorations you wanna make. 

For anything decent looking, we look at maybe 100+ decorations. 

And sure, your basic chair will cost maybe a bit less. But who wants a chair that looks like it costs 3 dollars IRL. 

Thinking that housing won't be a gigantic gold sink, especially at launch, is quite hopeful. 

Poor people going into the expack, who's main focus is housing, will have a rough wake up call. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

7 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

They are cheap. For now. 

Also what is even cheap? 

And sure, your basic chair will cost maybe a bit less. But who wants a chair that looks like it costs 3 dollars IRL. 

Thinking that housing won't be a gigantic gold sink, especially at launch, is quite hopeful. 

Poor people going into the expack, who's main focus is housing, will have a rough wake up call. 

Of course it's a gold sink. Most cosmetics in the game are a gold sink. All the home instance nodes (which will transfer to homesteads) are a gold sink. The people expecting homesteads to be Minecraft creative mode are delusional, and if the same people don't play the game enough to afford 5g there really is no other response than to play the game. Wizards vault daily/weekly rewards alone dump hundreds of gold on you.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I agree that the current spear will have less users than housing. 

I disagree however that housing as a large target audience. 

And even if, why waste tons of gold for something only yourself will ever see? 

Something that has no benefits other than looking good for you. 

Atleast fashion wars gets seen by others. 

But maybe it's just me. I don't get the appeal behind housing. 

Housing has always brought a larger audience. Spear will hold a niche audience regardless of design. 

the vast majority of players don’t care about optimisation or actual builds, they just use whatever weapon they thing looks cooler, 

outside of that, it’s used in optimised builds, and for those people design is irrelevant, balance is the only key factor, they will use it regardless if it puts out the highest numbers 

and it isn’t just for you is it, it’s unlikely you can’t visit one another’s houses, in games like wild star EverQuest 2 and more this one the only reason some of them even played the game. 

unless the housing is done badly, which then it will just anger players, it will be massive realistically. But sure yeah if you’re not a player who likes housing. Then for you the spear will be the focus realistically 

Edited by Purple Effects.2503

i think the graphic team should really have to sit down and thought to them self is this the real project we want to ship ? i dont know how in the world class like elmentalis get alot of nucles and animation and on the other hands one class get throwing animaton of windows 1997 

this is not right 

i think they should not deliver warrior spear at lunch and actully work at this thing 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 4:20 PM, vardeleanu.8972 said:

My god, I heard it was bad, but that bad ?

It is not that bad at all. It is more viable than rifle in competitive, people are being hyperbolic. It’s not good, but it’s not rifle…

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

They are cheap. For now. 

Also what is even cheap? 

If housing is popular enough that it pushes material prices up by a noticeable amount, then evidently it will have been successful enough among enough players to have that impact. Like basically every new addition that uses materials, there will likely be a period where everybody else profits off the rushers, then there'll be an equilibrium where decorations are affordable for most people.

I'm a housing sceptic myself, but claiming that it'll be a failure because it pushes prices up is missing the important factor that it needs to be successful to substantially impact prices. I'm personally more concerned about it being really successful and inflating the price of everything else.