My Feedback so far about Spear

Hello everyone!

I just had to point out our few points about Ele Spear so far.

We need a different graph for each attunement. Fire is a circle, and the rest is a line.

We should have Earth and Fire as circle graph, Water, Air as a line graph.

Also, is unleashing full stack etching lacking impact or excitement?
I don't know if you guys got what I am saying, but fire lesser volcano low stack or full stack is not feeling much different in impact only in the size of the graph and the skill.

Same with every attunement, lacking the impact and the difference in impact between a full stack or no stack at all.

Another thing is that a volcano's initial eruption does not cause damage, but the little small meteors from it do the damage. I prefer the initial damage from the volcano to do little damage then the small meteors continues.

I suggest Derecho full stack to do the same sound effect of Hammer's air 4th skill and to push us backward.

Don't know what else to say as for now.

It deals a lot of damage and it is very good range Power weapon for Ele, don't want to ask for Etching to take longer to stack because it will be more like Black Mage from FFXIV.
I just trying it out for the past few hours and that how I feel about it.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Amadeus.1328
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Amadeus.1328 said:

Another thing is that a volcano's initial eruption does not cause damage, but the little small meteors from it do the damage. I prefer the initial damage from the volcano to do little damage then the small meteors continues.

I agree

I also want to add that air skills 2 and 3 are very awkward, since skill 2 doesn't crit on a power damage weapon and doesn't even stack energy for catalyst, while the skill 3 gives us 3 seconds of superspeed and a 100% crit modifier on a power weapon, where we are expected to have 100% crit, or as high as possible anyway. It feels worthless compared to fire that gives us 20% dmg or earth that gives us a stun, even worse when you add the fact that air skill 2 can't crit for some reason ???

Apart from that I wanna suggest the flip skills on etches to be combinable : like how pistol had a special auto attack if you had all 4 bullets, I think the flip over skill of any etching should fire all your activated etches, even if you're not in their attunement anymore. Example : I cast fire 5, 2 skills, swap air, air 5 and air 5 again. This should fire empowered fire 5 and non-empowered air 5. Would be a nice qol feature, since elementalists tend to not stick to one attunement for long.

Also, put burning on the fire skill 1 for Balthazar's sake. Even 1 second will do, it's a flavor thing. How are we supposed to be fire wizards without fire ?

Excepting those, those I'd say spear feels pretty cool.

Edited by vardeleanu.8972
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, vardeleanu.8972 said:

I also want to add that air skills 2 and 3 are very awkward, since skill 2 doesn't crit on a power damage weapon and doesn't even stack energy for catalyst, while the skill 3 gives us 3 seconds of superspeed and a 100% crit modifier on a power weapon, where we are expected to have 100% crit, or as high as possible anyway. It feels worthless compared to fire that gives us 20% dmg or earth that gives us a stun, even worse when you add the fact that air skill 2 can't crit for some reason ???

Apart from that I wanna suggest the flip skills on etches to be combinable : like how pistol had a special auto attack if you had all 4 bullets, I think the flip over skill of any etching should fire all your activated etches, even if you're not in their attunement anymore. Example : I cast fire 5, 2 skills, swap air, air 5 and air 5 again. This should fire empowered fire 5 and non-empowered air 5. Would be a nice qol feature, since elementalists tend to not stick to one attunement for long.

Yeah, I also like your idea of etches because if i activate my etching fire i won't be able to cast it on Air and it will be lost.
The mechanic of the weapon forcing me to start with etching in every attunement to cast it at the end before swapping to the next attunement which not very flexible rotation or mechanic when it comes to Ele that needs a lot of attunement swapping during combat.

Also, Etching skill goes to cooldown if i activate fire etching and swapped to water attunement and back to the fire attunement again , i will find fire etching still on cooldown although I did only cast first flip.

They need to add more depth to Etching mechanic because the weapon only have one rotation for every attunement which 5 3 4 2 5 then different attunement  or 5 3 2 4 5 then different attunement.

Edited by Amadeus.1328
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

from a WvW perspective, I'm not impressed with the spear. It needs to be better balanced. I'm running a power build and am barely etching out any DPS, yet I can run bunker or cele and easily get at least 2k.

Yeah, bit disappointed in weaver dual skills not having a damage component which could help (least my playstyle) for dps in wvw. But if it was like below, then maybe it could work for giving charges and swapping elements still.

I mentioned in another post, but I think if they removed having to click a flipped skill for the 3rd charged etching for damage, that could help a lot and open up more flexibility in combos. And with being able to get the 5th skill damage out more, then the lower dps, as lackluster as it is, when combo'd might end up working out more.

A first blush impression basewd on no food and not tweaking any aspect of the default classes. Running through Drizzled wood to see effects and damage, with damage being the moist important.. The best by far are Warrior, Elementalist, Mesmer and necromancer. The rest were weak with Ranger being the best of the worst. While I understand the need to tweak gear and build usually they would be improved in damage from thie default.