What happened to Fort Aspenwood???

My brother, nephews and I have been playing on Fort Aspenwood wvw server since release in 2012.

We took a hiatus for ~ a month and then my nephews try entering WVW and a screen pops up asking them to choose a list of bizarre named servers that we've never seen before, and that Fort Aspenwood wasn't among them.

I told them not to choose anything and leave WVW screen until we figure this out.

I've read the announcements and wvw forum posts about linking wvw and ongoing beta for wvw. 

However none of that seems to explain where our server went or specifically what is going on. I realize I'm missing the information or post breaking down exactly what is going on.

If anyone can post the link and explain to us how or where to get back into our original Fort Aspenwood server (unless it was merged with others under a new server name- then please tell us what thar server name is), it would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

World Restructure has been put on online in permanent beta status.

This means that Teams in WvW is no longer based on the old servers, and is now created through a system each time it "shuffles" the Teams (This first run for 6 weeks, then approx every 4 weeks).

So going forward there will be no more "old servers".

The way to stay and play together now, is to be in the same guild, and go to the Guild panel and mark your preferred guild as "WvW Guild", there's a own button/marker for it. This will make you be grouped with the others that mark the same guild as WvW Guild in the next "Team Shuffle".

For now, if you want to play together, just coordinate to pick the same server.

If you're interested in the old server community, reach out or contact some of the others you knew from the server, and ask if they have any server community guilds you can join.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crimthan.9308 said:

My brother, nephews and I have been playing on Fort Aspenwood wvw server since release in 2012.

We took a hiatus for ~ a month and then my nephews try entering WVW and a screen pops up asking them to choose a list of bizarre named servers that we've never seen before, and that Fort Aspenwood wasn't among them.

I told them not to choose anything and leave WVW screen until we figure this out.

I've read the announcements and wvw forum posts about linking wvw and ongoing beta for wvw. 

However none of that seems to explain where our server went or specifically what is going on. I realize I'm missing the information or post breaking down exactly what is going on.

If anyone can post the link and explain to us how or where to get back into our original Fort Aspenwood server (unless it was merged with others under a new server name- then please tell us what thar server name is), it would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-world-restructuring-beta-feedback-and-future/

4 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

If you're interested in the old server community, reach out or contact some of the others you knew from the server, and ask if they have any server community guilds you can join.

So how did those people from that server, i.e. Fort Aspenwood, get to pick and be on that server?

Is it only through a guild and if so, how do guilds pick that server?

Some servers worked at creating Community Guilds, aka a guild they could all mark as their primary WvW guild. During the resorting that guild was sorted with all guilds and were divided out across the new servers. This first sort is a six week run but the plan is that the sorts will run every 4 weeks to create new teams. Outside of players that weren't included in the sorting, players mostly pick a guild now and that guild will be sorted into a world during the week of resort.

18 minutes ago, Crimthan.9308 said:

So how did those people from that server, i.e. Fort Aspenwood, get to pick and be on that server?

There is no Fort Aspenwood server anymore.  No one picked to be on it.  You pick a guild by setting it as your WvW guild on the guild UI panel then at every team creation event you get automatically placed on a team/server.

If you haven't been assigned a team it is because you haven't played WvW in awhile.  You can all pick the same team to play together if you want to play now.  Then in 4 weeks you will all be automatically placed on another team/server together with the guild you set as WvW guild.

If you are looking to pick the team other former FA guilds were on, you'll need to reach out to them to find out which team they were placed on.  I recommend joining the NA Alliance Discord to start that research.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Crimthan.9308 said:

Is it only through a guild and if so, how do guilds pick that server?

As the others also said, servers are gone. You don't pick servers any longer.

You join/pick a guild, and click the button to make it your WvW guild in guild panel. That's how you get put on the same "Team" in WvW.

The "new server names" are just containers that you can get randomly shuffled around to each time they "shuffle" the teams.

• Like 1