Will Engineer and Elementalist Lose Underwater?

37 minutes ago, Voegelin.5642 said:

Engineers and Elementalists will not be able to use spear underwater per an article from one of the Anet game designers. But the spears are more powerful than the old weapons, at least on land. 

The change was to allow spears on land, I don't think there was any plan for additional underwater weapons at this time. Aka this wasn't a plan for under watering balancing but to add a new weapon to each class for land based combat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

The change was to allow spears on land, I don't think there was any plan for additional underwater weapons at this time. Aka this wasn't a plan for under watering balancing but to add a new weapon to each class for land based combat. 

The article I read said the new spears can be used underwater, but not by engie or elementalist. You need 2 spears. Anyone check if new spear > old spear underwater in terms of its power?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Voegelin.5642 said:

The article I read said the new spears can be used underwater, but not by engie or elementalist. You need 2 spears. Anyone check if new spear > old spear underwater in terms of its power?

Oh? Okay, i will check tomorrow.

Maybe part of that question came from this section:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/straight-to-the-point-a-primer-on-spears-in-janthir-wilds/

Q: Can I use my current underwater spear on land?

A: Yes, spears can be used interchangeably in the aquatic and terrestrial weapon slots. But it is important to note that to equip a spear in both slots, you will need two spears.

These are two different weapon spots so you will need 1 spear in your normal melee slot and if the class has an option for spear underwater you will need a second one there to use it. It's not sharing the same weapon spots.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Voegelin.5642 said:

And I hope underwater combat stays the same. No idea how well it is balanced, but any problems must be minor. Don't see complaints.

yes it is perfectly balanced.

- a thief.

There's supposedly no change to underwater at all.

That point is because you can now equip a spear in the "land weapon" slot.

They're just specifying that it still doesn't allow classes to equip it in the "UW weapon" slot if they could not before.

• Like 2