It's been 2 years. Can we please make Sneak Gyro playable in WvW again?

coro.3176

Literally, right now it is worse than Toss Elixir S.

If you don't want to have stealth on it, that's fine. You could replace it with any other existing gyro and it would be a massive upgrade.

Anet pls. There is no excuse for this elite skill to be such trash for so long. Racial elites are better.

There's a reason why every single non-Holo engineer is running Supply Crate right now.

C'mon. Do something

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

Maybe we can make it give stealth 50% of the time and the other 50 turn you into a lich

Why not turn the gyro into a lich for the other 50%?

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

It's puzzling what Anet has done with Scrapper, especially in WvW. Even though Scrapper hadn't been meta until Short Bow support, which I still don't see too many people playing successfully yet, they continued to neuter some of the core aspects of what makes a Scrapper a Scrapper. Gyros neutered. Elixers neutered. Turrets are whatever. We can't swap weapons in combat still, so I assume they want Scrappers to still use kits but the reason I made Scrapper was to get away from the uninspiring kits. Please, give us something other than super speed and a complex short bow support class....let us be scrappers! 

4 hours ago, Stone.6751 said:

It's puzzling what Anet has done with Scrapper, especially in WvW. Even though Scrapper hadn't been meta until Short Bow support, which I still don't see too many people playing successfully yet, they continued to neuter some of the core aspects of what makes a Scrapper a Scrapper. Gyros neutered. Elixers neutered. Turrets are whatever. We can't swap weapons in combat still, so I assume they want Scrappers to still use kits but the reason I made Scrapper was to get away from the uninspiring kits. Please, give us something other than super speed and a complex short bow support class....let us be scrappers! 

It was very meta before the sneak gyro nerfs, better Superspeed, quickness, better heals, and solid condi cleanse.   Problem is they nerfed like everything then just removed quickness and now it’s just meh.  Agree 100% WVW scrapper doesn’t feel like scrapper anymore, but it was pretty nutty at the time.

Well I hope Anet can find a happy middle ground. The recent wvw nerf to Elixir U felt completely unwarranted.

What was one of the most fun classes for me to play in WvW (and by no means OP or meta) is now collecting dust again, and I refuse to play shortbow support - I'll just swap classes.

Anet's changes to Scrapper have been confusing and disheartening. And at a time when the game mode is already going through so many changes too. 😞

I feel like Sneak Gyro just giving stealth is problematic in two ways. First, it's very hard to balance long duration aoe stealth that require no setup, and making it short duration just gives us a basically useless elite like we have now. Second, stealth just isn't very interesting, and there is so much more design space they could explore. A few possible fixes:

1. I would at the bare minimum make Sneak Gyro a smoke field that blinds enemies when it ticks. This helps in a number of ways. First, it lets you blast the the field for more stealth. Second, it let's enemies know that you are near based on blind application. The duration would need to be tweaked, but I'd say 4 seconds would be good since it's also the duration of Smoke Bomb.

2. Alternatively, they could go wild with it. I envision an elite that lasts for 4 seconds, gives you 1 second of stealth on activation, ticks every second, and generates a clone of you every tick. You also randomly swap places with a clone whenever a new one is generated. You then get 1 second of stealth when the ability ends.

3. Another option is to change it to Voltron Gyro, where you summon every gyro to you to encase yourself in a mech suit for the duration.

Aaahhh dreaming, i like the ideas. Anything will be better than what it is now. I don't use it anymore, the mortar is more fun. I do wish too shoot 1800 instead of 1500. Its powered by explosions i should outreach anything and reach up any wall in wvwvw. Not sure how rangers do that, shooting in the compound while being LoS,  im so jealous. I cant even toss my grenades on the walls.