legendary bounties bugged?

I went to grab the bounty legendary facet, but it wasn't on the board. so, I asked around and someone told me someone may have already taken it today. why is that a thing? you expect me to camp a bounty board just so I can make sure I have a CHANCE at killing the bounty? and if it fails, have to wait till reset to try again? this needs to be changed immediately. that design decision doesn't even make sense and it prolongs everyone's achievements or collections they are wanting to work on. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Levitikus.8239 said:

I went to grab the bounty legendary facet, but it wasn't on the board. so, I asked around and someone told me someone may have already taken it today. why is that a thing? you expect me to camp a bounty board just so I can make sure I have a CHANCE at killing the bounty? and if it fails, have to wait till reset to try again? this needs to be changed immediately. that design decision doesn't even make sense and it prolongs everyone's achievements or collections they are wanting to work on. 

It doesn't only spawn once a day.  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Legendary_bounty_(Legendary_Corrupted_Facet)

• Like 1

I think you just misunderstood what that person meant. Bounty contracts can be picked up by anyone when they spawn, but once the actual boss either dies or the event fails, then the contract disappears. Legendary bounties reappear on the bounty board 30 minutes after that. Champion bounties reappear after 15 minutes. The contracts also don't immediately appear when a new map instance is created, but they'll start showing up about 5 or 10 minutes after.