Still no lip color option?

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Whilst you await implementation of your suggestion, choose a different face option?

That's what I was going to suggest. It would be nice to be able to choose lip colour (and eye liner and blush) seperately from the face template, but it seems unlikely Anet are going to add the option 12 years in so the work-around is to pick a face which doesn't have red lips and then use the sliders to make it look the way you want.

On humans I think the best options are 3rd along in the top row, or in the middle row the 4th (the one with the sad goth makeup), 5th or 9th. On norn I'd say 3rd and 5th along in the top row.

(Although if I was making a demon character I'd make them a sylvari or maybe asura, their lips are the same colour as their skin. Or if you're not worried about their appearence in season 1 story steps use a mask which hides their face entirely, like Gaze of the Lich. That's what I used for this character: https://i.imgur.com/hzGbNxl.jpg.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Perhaps the current setup of the character creator doesn't support this. I have been comparing various "faces" of the races and some have "makeup";

but that's probably baked into the textures associated with those faces; not an separate make up system atop of those base face textures.

There could be 1 solution really: they must add/release special makeup Helmet skins in Gem store; pretty much like the ones you see with starter Necro helmet, but with adjustable color channels. IF the Dev is willing; then yes.... you could have makeup for your character's face a 100% next month. (best would be an actual 2nd separate slot atop of base helmet, but which only affects the face.)

I am not far fetching some wild idea; technically they could re-use and modify those Necro starter face skins(it has already been rigged to all racial faces) to have color channels and viola, you have a basic makeup helmet without too much reinventing the wheel.   I believe this idea is still within the realm of Reality and not Idealism.  Better something then nothing, otherwise remodel the existing character to match your armor set o7

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Like 2

On 7/1/2024 at 1:59 AM, squeegee.4320 said:

What bothers me more is that every character has brown eyebrows no matter what hair color you choose.

Just the way it should be. Many other games do the uncanny valley effect when they don't do this 

• Confused 3

On 6/30/2024 at 8:33 PM, TheOuroborus.6387 said:

I've just made a blackest-black demon-type character, but... her lips are bright pink. STILL no option for lip color in the CC? After ALL THESE YEARS? SERIOUSLY? It's these simply little QoL things that make the game.

While I understand your request and would welcome more customization, it's hardly what makes the game. Most of the time you'll be looking at your character's backside anyway. And with all the skill effects spamming the screen, lip color on characters doesn't even register in a fight.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/5/2024 at 12:29 PM, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

While I understand your request and would welcome more customization, it's hardly what makes the game. Most of the time you'll be looking at your character's backside anyway. And with all the skill effects spamming the screen, lip color on characters doesn't even register in a fight.

Fashion wars. Idling around Minister's Waypoint, discussing all sorts of things. Players occasionally toggle to walk and then strut from the bank to the trading post and back again.  I don't hang out in Lion's Arch but I imagine they do similar things at the April fools runway.  

You are probably right about combat, but that isn't the main concern for the fashionistas.

On 6/30/2024 at 8:33 PM, TheOuroborus.6387 said:

I've just made a blackest-black demon-type character, but... her lips are bright pink. STILL no option for lip color in the CC? After ALL THESE YEARS? SERIOUSLY? It's these simply little QoL things that make the game.

Just think of her as a Slaanesh demon (Warhammer 40K). Then pink lips make sense.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Just think of her as a Slaanesh demon (Warhammer 40K). Then pink lips make sense.

A great concept to try and recreate, by the way.

But, I have to say it, it's not just Warhammer 40K. Warhammer Fantasy always gets overlooked, but all the Chaos demons are there as well. Not to nitpick. It's just that Grandfather Nurgle has charged me with reminding all the puny mortals that home is just as wartorn and doomed as space is. 😜

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 4:49 PM, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

A great concept to try and recreate, by the way.

But, I have to say it, it's not just Warhammer 40K. Warhammer Fantasy always gets overlooked, but all the Chaos demons are there as well. Not to nitpick. It's just that Grandfather Nurgle has charged me with reminding all the puny mortals that home is just as wartorn and doomed as space is. 😜

Yeah, you're right. I just never got into the Fantasy version of Warhammer. I did play it for a bit with Empire. I do remember playing a battle against Chaos and accidentally ripping through a group of 6 mounted chaos knights (1+ save) because my hellblaster volley gun blew up lol.

Anyways, back on topic. I will say that I'm also sometimes disappointed when I pick a face that I like and I can't change the make up on it, so I end up not picking that face after all. It should've been a separate thing really.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Yeah, you're right. I just never got into the Fantasy version of Warhammer. I did play it for a bit with Empire. I do remember playing a battle against Chaos and accidentally ripping through a group of 6 mounted chaos knights (1+ save) because my hellblaster volley gun blew up lol.

Anyways, back on topic. I will say that I'm also sometimes disappointed when I pick a face that I like and I can't change the make up on it, so I end up not picking that face after all. It should've been a separate thing really.

A fortunate accident. Always fun when that happens. 😂
I've always chosen "evil" armies. Started with Undead. Split it into 2 when GW (Games Workshop, not Guild Wars, for those not in the know) split it into Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings of Khemri. I also collected Dark Elves and a Nurgle army. I rarely play anymore these days but I still buy and paint miniatures.

The thing that bugs me about the character creation screen (so also when you use hairstyle/total makeover kits) is that it doesn't show your back item so you can't check if your hairstyle will clip with a back item. And more options are always nice. Lip color, blush, etc.