Why are necro skills nerfed so hard in WvW compared to other classes?

I have seen multiple target skills hitting JUST ME multiple times. Skills that are described as being able to hit multiple targets. Necro marks have the same iteration. Why don't they hit single targets multiple times like other skills from other characters if no other targets present?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 10

you legitimately have one of the most busted specs in WvW at the moment, harbingers can decimate in outnumbered fights with no effort other than rolling your face on the keyboard. and in zergs, scourges are amazing support/condi bombers.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Vile.4387 said:

I have seen multiple target skills hitting JUST ME multiple times. Skills that are described as being able to hit multiple targets. Necro marks have the same iteration. Why don't they hit single targets multiple times like other skills from other characters if no other targets present?

I can't tell if this is satire or if you're serious.

Marks don't hit a target multiple times in ANY game mode, and necro wells are some of the most powerful skills that exist in WvW. Why on earth would anyone think it's a good idea to add this to marks when staff was never designed to be a duelling weapon?

You sound like one of those people who dream up an idea that they like on a personal level and then unironically ask "why isn't this in the game?" without giving half a thought to balancing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Palikka.8249 said:

Funny how class with the most busted roaming specc and great zerg specc claims to be overnerfed. Necro is at great spot, so i would say its skill issue.

Most busted roaming specc, because of cele.

• Like 2
  • Confused 9

Balance in this game only exist for the sake of shaking the meta a bit every now and then. A few years ago, Necromancer had an overwhelming representation in a meta partly due to his AoE potential. So It's been nerfed to leave some place to other professions.

If the current AoE tools aren't good enough in your opinion, just use different tools.

46 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Balance in this game only exist for the sake of shaking the meta a bit every now and then

Except guardians. They’re totally fine always and forever 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Well Necro is probably the most nerfed class in wvw. Its really Scourge that has just too good of a kit for squad play. I mean just look what it can do without even any weapon and utility equipped.

Having said that necro still has plenty meta and viable builds in all forms of play and with all 3 (even 4, including core) specs. We're actually seeing a very strong core necro build in squad play coming.

• Confused 3

Necro gets a lot of its dmg from utility and its shoud skills so if you give necro support on its elite spec you made necro an dps class that can also support. That is what "must nerf" is in wvw if you can support and dmg at the same time effectively.

Now why FB "blue privilege class" is allowed to get away with the same thing is because anet like gurds classes more then any thing else.

• Confused 3

Necro caveman flabbergasted that he can't single handily melt armies with his condi spam (this is all he's ever done).

Marks only hit once, wells atm bananas, and necros have one of the strongest roamers, you can melt more than you fight, and you have awesome support/condi for zerging.

Do you just want Anet to make it so that when someone fights a necro their skin rots IRL?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Because if would break the game mode beyond recognition. Stuff like Transfusion, nightfall, Sandstorm shroud just to mention some are just ridiculously strong in WvW vs the PvE versions. 

Historically, Necromancer has always been a nightmare to balance in all 3 game modes because it's strengths and weaknesses. If you let necros run with their PvE versions, well, it would be fun for a day until everyone else leaves or play necromancer. 

6 minutes ago, Nefras.7314 said:

My point is, its not necro being busted, its the stats. Try running power harbi instead. 

I get where you are coming from, at the same time tho I press 5 on focus once, when there is an opening, and watch light armor classes/guardians fall to the ground in front of me in a cardiac arrest (on reaper) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Codename T.2847 said:

I get where you are coming from, at the same time tho I press 5 on focus once, when there is an opening, and watch light armor classes/guardians fall to the ground in front of me in a cardiac arrest (on reaper) 

Thankfully anal shivers cast time is long enough to be easily dodgeable. (obv doesnt apply to zergs)

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Na i think it was just helio rush hitting me multiple times in spear beta. I opened a bug report on it, nobody commented on it. So I made this.

I do wish marks would hit downed opponents, and not only hit them if you hit a target near them.

EDIT: It basically renders 4 out of 5 skills useless on that weapon vs downed opponents, forced to burn big cooldowns or weapon swap. Nobody is finishing people with staff 1 effectively.

Edited by Vile.4387