Jump to content
  • Sign Up

chak gerat needs a rework to rewords and....waiting


Recommended Posts

why do we just stand around for 15 mins after the event ends?

why does the reward chest despawn before the wall comes down?

why does the chest make me walk 5 minutes back to it or use a tp and then potentially forget it and not remind me in any way?

its been 10 years, it should be better than this.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1)Because of the insane power creep we had since HoT. We kill the boss to fast. 

2)Good maps kill the boss with around 10-11min wait time till the wall gets blasted. 

10min for the chest to stay sounds pretty generous to me. 

3) I have no idea where the 5min walk comes from. Takes not even 10s on a mount to get to the chest after the boss died. 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The wait is because it's synched to the start of the Dragon's Stand meta. Originally the only way to get into Dragon's Stand and do the meta was to complete the Tangled Depths meta and go through the portal when the wall was blown open. That was changed shortly after launch because unsurprisingly very few people were willing and able to do both back-to-back (at the time Tangled Depths took much longer, and Dragon's Stand could take the full 2 hours). But they never changed the timing on this meta.

I do think they could change that now - make the cannons fire and the wall come down shortly after the Chak Gerent is killed (10 seconds or so?) rather than when the time period for the event ends.

That would also fix the chest despawning before the wall comes down. I don't think the chest despawning after 10-15 minutes is a problem, all the meta event and world boss chests respawn after a short time.

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The wait is because it's synched to the start of the Dragon's Stand meta. Originally the only way to get into Dragon's Stand and do the meta was to complete the Tangled Depths meta and go through the portal when the wall was blown open. That was changed shortly after launch because unsurprisingly very few people were willing and able to do both back-to-back (at the time Tangled Depths took much longer, and Dragon's Stand could take the full 2 hours). But they never changed the timing on this meta.

I do think they could change that now - make the cannons fire and the wall come down shortly after the Chak Gerent is killed (10 seconds or so?) rather than when the time period for the event ends.

That would also fix the chest despawning before the wall comes down. I don't think the chest despawning after 10-15 minutes is a problem, all the meta event and world boss chests respawn after a short time.

It is not synched to the start of the Dragon Stand meta - Auric Basin comes after then its Dragon Stand. The wait exists because Gerent was designed to be done across the three phases of the event leaving only a very short wait before the cannons went off. Except it’s usually over in one phase. Those phases however exist and the cannon firing sequence is fixed to the phase timings rather than when the event actually finishes.

Again it comes down to the power creep Anet refuses to address despite saying they aren’t letting things go to rot. Gerent needs a slight hp buff, as do other bosses like Claw of Jormag who should not be taking less time than a starter boss and have its mechanics skipped. I’d like to them start addressing these imbalances over the course of this next cycle. At risk of distressing off point, too many things are taking too long - like the tooltip spam which has been going on since SoTo launched to continuous complaints and only one “I’ll pass it on”. Boss rescaling should be a side project they can focus on now.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So we can see all our wonderful chairs and emotes.   

I use the time to clean up bags and get up from my chair for a few before hopping over to the next meta.  

Edited by Farohna.6247
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

why do we just stand around for 15 mins after the event ends?

why does the reward chest despawn before the wall comes down?

why does the chest make me walk 5 minutes back to it or use a tp and then potentially forget it and not remind me in any way?

its been 10 years, it should be better than this.

If it's been 10 years, one would think you'd remember by now. 😉

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It may come as a surprise but some of the lanes on overflow maps need to go to Phase 2 to clear Gerent. Still undoubtedly doable even with few players because of powercreep, but we're very grateful that we have those 15 minutes to wiggle. 

So if you're on a main map, good for you. But that time is there for a reason and I'm glad it's still there.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

why do we just stand around for 15 mins after the event ends?

Because the map is on a 2h timer, and the wall opening is part of that "map reset" that starts the next cycle.

15 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

why does the reward chest despawn before the wall comes down?

All chests have a timer. Wait 10 minutes after a shatterer or Tequatl and the chest will be gone as well.

15 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

why does the chest make me walk 5 minutes back to it or use a tp and then potentially forget it and not remind me in any way?

Because the autoloot has a range. And the first gerent phase takes place too far away from the chest spawn spot.

(notice, that if the event ever gets to third phase, you will be close enough to the chest by then for autoloot to kick in).

I guess by now Anet could just forget about those chests, and just move the rewards to side screen popup chests, but for some reason they do continue with the split, with some rewards delivered by on-ground chests and some by pop-up ones. Why it is so would indeed make for an interesting question - personally i have no idea why they decided to do it that way.

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I agree with OP that it needs improvement. Making the Gerant a little bit tougher would be nice and letting the cannon firing earlier would also be nice. I also agree that there are other bosses which need a bit of a buff to keep up with damage creep.

A reminder to get the central chest would also be very useful. I've forgotten to get it once - after the cannon fired I was looking for the heroic chest in my inventory then it dawned on me that I needed to get it from the central reward chest but of course it had long despawned by then. It's not particularly obvious where it currently spawns given everyone stands in front of the wall which is a fair distance away.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

1)Because of the insane power creep we had since HoT. We kill the boss to fast. 

2)Good maps kill the boss with around 10-11min wait time till the wall gets blasted. 

10min for the chest to stay sounds pretty generous to me. 

3) I have no idea where the 5min walk comes from. Takes not even 10s on a mount to get to the chest after the boss died. 

 

Wouldn't that mean it needs a rework to refresh it for the current state of the game, making OP's request a valid one?

There've been rare cases where I see it fail just cuz no one's doing it in way-off hours but majority of the time the entire meta has all it's mechanics skipped.

Waiting for 10-15mins after kill for the rest of the reward is without a doubt a design flaw. Everything else lets us take our booty and go.

Not many metas, if any, make you completely relocate as far as this one does from the dead boss's corpse to loot the reward chest so it's an understandable complaint. The only one I can think of that does is Triple Trouble and they resolve that by spawning a portal near the boss's corpse to take you to it. It's possible new players won't even notice the chest which is why people often shout a reminder. 

IMO it's one of the best metas in game despite it's flaws. Would be cool to see it actually fully functional again and with new rewards added~ ones that don't have a 0.00000001% drop rate. Plus I like Chak... and Karkas. When are we getting the LS1 Ancient Karka fight back? 🥺

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They should put "Deal with it meme" glasses on those Gerents really. Cause they are iconic Hot Shots in HoT and everyone and generations after will keep fighting them; all for some elusive ultra-low drop thingy that screams; not in your life-time buddy, ask your gran children to continue this futile stride mhahahah! o7

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Wouldn't that mean it needs a rework to refresh it for the current state of the game, making OP's request a valid one?

There've been rare cases where I see it fail just cuz no one's doing it in way-off hours but majority of the time the entire meta has all it's mechanics skipped.

Waiting for 10-15mins after kill for the rest of the reward is without a doubt a design flaw. Everything else lets us take our booty and go.

Not many metas, if any, make you completely relocate as far as this one does from the dead boss's corpse to loot the reward chest so it's an understandable complaint. The only one I can think of that does is Triple Trouble and they resolve that by spawning a portal near the boss's corpse to take you to it. It's possible new players won't even notice the chest which is why people often shout a reminder. 

IMO it's one of the best metas in game despite it's flaws. Would be cool to see it actually fully functional again and with new rewards added~ ones that don't have a 0.00000001% drop rate. Plus I like Chak... and Karkas. When are we getting the LS1 Ancient Karka fight back? 🥺

I mean, I never said his request was invalid. 

He asked why and I gave the answer. 

The only part im confused about it the last part about the 5min walk back. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@DanAlcedo.3281

I know in this day and age it is unheard of; but maybe he means a  5 min walk(mountless) from the dead Gerent to the big chest/WP? 

Even then surely that's not 5 min right? ;0

@Nash.2681

EDIT: This person is talking about the Gerent, but that still begs the confusing question;

Is it possible to forget about the big chest if the objective of walking towards big chest, is to loot the big chest? XD

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ashantara.8731 said:

The Chak Gerent meta has more than enough rewards. Weird request, hmm.

Guess it's not about the amount of rewards but about that  weird "takes 5 min to walk back and then it's easy to forget to loot the chest" take. I might be wrong though and OP isn't talking about Chak Gerent anyway but really means "chak gerat", then I can't contribute anything to this thread since I have yet to find that boss 🤷‍♂️

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I agree with OP that it needs improvement. Making the Gerant a little bit tougher would be nice and letting the cannon firing earlier would also be nice. I also agree that there are other bosses which need a bit of a buff to keep up with damage creep.

A reminder to get the central chest would also be very useful. I've forgotten to get it once - after the cannon fired I was looking for the heroic chest in my inventory then it dawned on me that I needed to get it from the central reward chest but of course it had long despawned by then. It's not particularly obvious where it currently spawns given everyone stands in front of the wall which is a fair distance away.

Isn't there a chest icon on the minimap that tells you exactly where the chest is? 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2024 at 2:18 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

1)Because of the insane power creep we had since HoT. We kill the boss to fast. 

2)Good maps kill the boss with around 10-11min wait time till the wall gets blasted. 

10min for the chest to stay sounds pretty generous to me. 

3) I have no idea where the 5min walk comes from. Takes not even 10s on a mount to get to the chest after the boss died. 

you're just making things harder on yourself and others for no reason

don't pedantically distinguish between 10 and 15 mins, this is not relevant to the conversation

 

the goal of this thread is quality of life improvement to the event. it doesn't matter how "generous" you find it, people miss it all the time purely because of bad design.

 

  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...