Lack Luster animations on SKILL 5

Just tried Spear in the beta.

I will not get in all the problems that alot of posts already talked about, the bugs, gimmick mechanic. BUT about the those animations!

Is it just me or skill 5, when you fire it (not the circle) you barely see the skill animations Besides the Fire volcano?

Water Air and Earth animations are so thin I can barely notice them even in the ultra version, it feels so underwhelming to use them, especially after you use Fire 5 and have that huge animation.

Also they are too fast, together they are really thin and the super fast I can't notice them and the sound design barely audible too.

Some suggestions 

Make the animations slower.

Make Water 5 more wide and slow like the ultimate from Nami in League of Legends (that would feel amazing)

Air 5 needs more wind waves or tornados.

Earth 5 could resemble more a sandstorm, make it higher (even if the hit box is the same) or intead of making it go in a thin line in from of us, make it go in a cone or wide front (also make it blind for the love of Dwayna.

• Like 4

That would also  tackle one of the complaints that it's hard to hit movingh targets with those skills. The slower animations not so much, but just broaden them to the size of the etching circle maybe? That would make it consistent with Volcano at least.

Also while we're talking about animations... They need to add the death animations to the skills. Like fireskills leaving the enemy burning, the ice beam freezing them, like all the other weapons and class abilities do.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah… those animations are extremely fast and barely noticeable… and for all the build up to use the skills they are so lackluster, tiny, and short in duration… make the animations slower, make the skills bigger, and make them last a little longer… and thats not even talking about how pathetically weak they are or how hard they are to reliably pull off…

I remember during the dev stream when he kept saying “the animation team did a great job”… i kept thinking “great job with what? The animation was barely even there… the skill looked so small… and haboob looked like nothing more than pocket sand”

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Thanks 1

I get the complaint and i agree that the animations could be more impressive for such a long wind up. But please, for the love of god, dont make them slower. They are barely usable in PvP the way they are. If they make them slower they will become even more useless.

First, I would like to say that the animations are a big improvement from the pistol weapon, but I do wish they were consistent with the fire etching volcano skill. I wish the skill 5 full charge version of each element was some big Aoe weather/natural disaster effect like volcano instead of a fast aimed projectile that are very similar to one another. I would make water, air, and earth Aoe skills like water an Aoe Blizzard or Avalanche, air Thunderstorm with lightning and tornadoes, and earth Earthquake or Epicenter. 

I do like the animations they made with water, air and earth so I would keep those and move them to the lesser version for the projectile and have the full version be a big Aoe like volcano. Since that is just a wish of mine and won't happen, I do agree that water skill 5 should be wider at least on the fully charged version to make it look like a wave. Also, it needs chill added for it being a glacial flood. 

On 7/15/2024 at 1:32 AM, Panda.1967 said:

Yeah… those animations are extremely fast and barely noticeable… and for all the build up to use the skills they are so lackluster, tiny, and short in duration… make the animations slower, make the skills bigger, and make them last a little longer… and thats not even talking about how pathetically weak they are or how hard they are to reliably pull off…

I remember during the dev stream when he kept saying “the animation team did a great job”… i kept thinking “great job with what? The animation was barely even there… the skill looked so small… and haboob looked like nothing more than pocket sand”

Ahh... i feel like that is a bit mean to the animation team. The visual effects of all the ele spear skills (and they were talking about all of them) are on a top level in my opinion. Neither Hammer and espcially not pistol are coming anywhere close the effort and detail put into them. But I'm definately with you that the actual etching finale of water, earth and air are a bit lackluster. I still love the effects that happen on the etching itself when you perform the finale though.

1 hour ago, Markus.6415 said:

Ahh... i feel like that is a bit mean to the animation team. The visual effects of all the ele spear skills (and they were talking about all of them) are on a top level in my opinion.

I probably should have clarified, I was talking specifically about the etching skill finales… the rest of the skills for spear are great visually… and the ground effects for the etchings themself are phenomenal… but the effects of the finales for them were bad…