Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Suggestion: Permanent BANNER placement


Skill.6741

Recommended Posts

When warrior place a banner, it will stay on that place permanently, until warrior put again the same banner or move 1500 unit away from banner
so it's less annoying for warrior to replace the banner again and again every 30 second
 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

And people wonder why warrior never gets more complex themes or mechanics when there's people complaining that it's annoying to press a button every 30 seconds. Make up your minds. Also I don't think it's a good ideea since it sounds umbalanced

Edited by vardeleanu.8972
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vardeleanu.8972 said:

And people wonder why warrior never gets more complex themes or mechanics when there's people complaining that it's annoying to press a button every 30 seconds. Make up your minds. Also I don't think it's a good ideea since it sounds umbalanced

I dont see how its much different to charging fb mantras, other than dropping banners is faster cast time. Yet for having to charge fb mantras there has been no end of complaints - now they charge automatically even in combat (pve only, I hope).

Banners is the same crap, just boon vomit that adds nothing to your gameplay. Upkeeping the boons is annoying, not gameplay, so you get requests like this.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I dont see how its much different to charging fb mantras, other than dropping banners is faster cast time. Yet for having to charge fb mantras there has been no end of complaints - now they charge automatically even in combat (pve only, I hope).

Banners is the same crap, just boon vomit that adds nothing to your gameplay. Upkeeping the boons is annoying, not gameplay, so you get requests like this.

Banner of Tactics and Defense have extremely strong on cast effects, and since the last balance patch are near-instant cast. This thread would make sense if we went back in time, back when banners gave stats. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Banners should be be a party-wide buff on use, rather than an object that is put into the world. Should function like this:

On use, the banner is quickly and very brazenly waved in the air for all to see, giving its buffs for an intended duration. That way there is no need to worry about where to put a banner down. Just wave it once, give everyone the buff, and move on.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had to drop in and comment that it amuses me that the preview of this thread from the general professions forum is "Suggestion: Permanent BAN".

I keep looking at it and thinking "who or what does this person want to be banned?"

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2024 at 9:08 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Just had to drop in and comment that it amuses me that the preview of this thread from the general professions forum is "Suggestion: Permanent BAN".

I keep looking at it and thinking "who or what does this person want to be banned?"

omg I also thought the same and I thought "that first part of the title makes no sense out of context!"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2024 at 12:48 PM, GamerToad.9248 said:

I like the idea but it would probably waste the defensive part of the banner by auto renewing when is not needed.

Simple solution. Banners give their passive benefit constantly while placed, and the banner skill flips over to a Rally skill that can be activated once every 30 seconds to reapply the initial placement buff…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...