Istan has destroyed the games economy - nerf inc?

Shiyo.3578

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:I'm glad I don't go by value and go by "what I like" then.I don't care if something is 1 copper worth or 1 gold worth.

I'm sorry if you really care about, "Oh, this item only worth 100 gold now and not 1000 gold. Worthless...", but I've never had a problem like this.

I too care most about what I like. If, using your numbers, I cannot afford what I like because my in game income has been reduced by 90% then that whole, "go by what I like," is out the window.

How does that make any sense? If there's a reliable way to get mats you won't need to spend any gold.Besides, 90% is a huge generalization. It dropped 10 to 20%.

Istan didn't destroy anything. Silk has been common for a long time now. Leather in general, has been unbalanced for a long time. And magic find has made a lot of the top tier loot more common, which is good for newer players. If anything has destroyed the economy, it's that damn gold find.

@Nemmar.8491 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:I'm glad I don't go by value and go by "what I like" then.I don't care if something is 1 copper worth or 1 gold worth.

I'm sorry if you really care about, "Oh, this item only worth 100 gold now and not 1000 gold. Worthless...", but I've never had a problem like this.

I too care most about what I like. If, using your numbers, I cannot afford what I like because my in game income has been reduced by 90% then that whole, "go by what I like," is out the window.

How does that make any sense? If there's a reliable way to get mats you won't need to spend any gold.Besides, 90% is a huge generalization. It dropped 10 to 20%.

I used 90%, as stated, because that was the number the individual quoted used. It was not my number.

You are mistaken. I said nothing about buying crafting materials.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Yes considerably. I used to be in the top 100 now I'm well past 1000. I probably should have played the tp instead of consistently making legendaries.

So there should be a nerf because of am imaginary leaderboard numbers game?

IDC about a nerf just simply stating a fact. This is a number that uses the games api so it's not imaginary. In fact its now easier than ever to make my legendaries so I welcome this. The api site I use is guildwars 2 efficiency.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Yes considerably. I used to be in the top 100 now I'm well past 1000. I probably should have played the tp instead of consistently making legendaries.

So there should be a nerf because of am imaginary leaderboard numbers game?

IDC about a nerf just simply stating a fact. This is a number that uses the games api so it's not imaginary. In fact its now easier than ever to make my legendaries so I welcome this. The api site I use is guildwars 2 efficiency.

+1 to this. It's no imaginary board, means something to the non-casuals.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:It's not Istan.

This. The market's been in a tumble since PoF launched. A mix of new players plus ANet being rather generous with distribution of basic materials has put the whole thing into a gluttonous slump.

Yep, this is a continuation of the process that began with PoF.

I personally don't mind, cheaper materials means crafting costs less. Means I can craft more and as crafting (ascended especially) is a large part of the end game for GW2 it's all good for me.Cheaper materials? My #1 bottleneck when it comes to crafting ascended armor is rugged leather, and it has been hovering at around 5s for more than a year. Let me know when the price of rugged leather starts to drop.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Mystic coins have increased in price by a lot. They are an unfarmable item.

The items you can farm have decreased in value by over 50%.

Here's a great example of why Istan farm destroying the games economy is VERY bad for the game.

The economy is more than a few items. Prices going downward doesn’t necessarily mean that something bad is happening. I’m not even sure why mystic coins were brought into this.

@Rennie.6750 said:Muiltiloot on the great hall and paladawan were really terrible ideas. Before christmas tier 5 trophies will be nearing vendor prices, that's absurd. This is the greatest drop ever in prices the game has ever experienced. Prices are at an all-time low. Soon if it's not fixed there will be no more economy to speak of and massive, ugly, grindy sinks will be implemented to counter this. On the short term, this looks like a nice boon, but on the long term the devs will do anything to fix this and it will be really ugly. They have to. Half of the game is relying on that economy. IMO raw gold would have been far less problematic but no, they picked mats, and deflation is kicking in.

Lol, the sky is falling!

cough Tarir has been like this for years. Stop complaining.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Mystic coins have increased in price by a lot. They are an unfarmable item.

Here's a great example of why Istan farm destroying the games economy is VERY bad for the game.Okay so how is this even connected. Some prices increased, some decreased. How is that destroying the economy? Why is that bad?

@"Sernius Alathar.6538" said:ruined the games economy, lmao. Nice joke. T6's have needed a shake up for awhile to give them a standard price across the board, I congratulate anet for stabilising the inflation.Yeah, t5 materials nearing VENDOR prices is a "joke"!

There is absolutely nothing wrong, this game should be about playing, not grinding/farming for mats or playing the trading post. This map is working as intended, everything will become balanced. Mats should be cheap and you gold should go farther. People complained all the time about leather prices, now we have the opposite. People want to grind all day to get mats? Really? you gotta be kitten me.

@Shostie.6435 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:It's not Istan.

This. The market's been in a tumble since PoF launched. A mix of new players plus ANet being rather generous with distribution of basic materials has put the whole thing into a gluttonous slump.

I personally don't mind, cheaper materials means crafting costs less. Means I can craft more and as crafting (ascended especially) is a large part of the end game for GW2 it's all good for me.Cheaper materials? My #1 bottleneck when it comes to crafting ascended armor is rugged leather, and it has been hovering at around 5s for more than a year. Let me know when the price of rugged leather starts to drop.

Did you know you can get a lot of Rugged Leather from Cowrie League Leather Crates in PoF?

@Drecien.4508 said:There is absolutely nothing wrong, this game should be about playing, not grinding/farming for mats or playing the trading post. This map is working as intended, everything will become balanced. Mats should be cheap and you gold should go farther. People complained all the time about leather prices, now we have the opposite. People want to grind all day to get mats? Really? you gotta be kitten me.

It invaliades every other meta reward wise, and that is the biggest incentive for people to do them :) So the other ones get even more deserted, think before u write something.

@Tom.9516 said:

@"Drecien.4508" said:There is absolutely nothing wrong, this game should be about playing, not grinding/farming for mats or playing the trading post. This map is working as intended, everything will become balanced. Mats should be cheap and you gold should go farther. People complained all the time about leather prices, now we have the opposite. People want to grind all day to get mats? Really? you gotta be kitten me.

It invaliades every other meta reward wise, and that is the biggest incentive for people to do them :) So the other ones get even more deserted, think before u write something.

How does it "invalidate" DS/TD/AB/VB metas? Those areas, like Istan, have map specific rewards. Until Istan drops crystaline ore, crowbars, etc, the maps are not "invalidated". You still have to grind out those maps for legendaries. At least Istan gives loot you can use/sell to buy the other parts. Think about that.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:

Here's a great example of why Istan farm destroying the games economy is VERY bad for the game.Okay so how is this even connected. Some prices increased, some decreased. How is that destroying the economy? Why is that bad?

Mystic coins were dumped into the market for people to afford Griffons, thus lowering the prices. Now we have a new legendary focus and those people need the coins back, so they buying them up. the other mats needed to drop and have done so. Your gold goes farther and everyone wins :)

@"Sernius Alathar.6538" said:Trying to argue with tp flippers and those who can't exploit prices is like trying to argue with a rock. The rock will always win because it's too rigid and too dense. "breaking economy" is just hyperbole like raiders complaining about anything. I am going to enjoy the low prices until the vocal minority ruin the game again.

Flippers make money regardless of the prices of mats.. I imagine that power traders don't farm a lot and farmers don't power trade much, but cheaper markets in mats tend to hurt the farmers more, since a lot shinies cost the same but the value of the farm dropped. More importantly though, it shouldn't matter who is offering the argument, only whether the evidence supports the theory.

In this case, "broken economy" isn't a fair description. Anyone can sell stuff they don't want and buy stuff they need, which is exactly what happens in a healthy economy. Lower prices in several markets doesn't mean anything other than a change in what's profitable to farm or craft, the cost of making shinies for one's self, and/or how likely it is for someone to decide to farm. In an unhealthy economy, none of that would be true. It's got nothing to do with flipping or exploits or raiding or vocal minorities.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Sernius Alathar.6538" said:Trying to argue with tp flippers and those who can't exploit prices is like trying to argue with a rock. The rock will always win because it's too rigid and too dense. "breaking economy" is just hyperbole like raiders complaining about anything. I am going to enjoy the low prices until the vocal minority ruin the game again.

Flippers make money regardless of the prices of mats.. I imagine that power traders don't farm a lot and farmers don't power trade much, but cheaper markets in mats tend to hurt the farmers more, since a lot shinies cost the same but the value of the farm dropped. More importantly though, it shouldn't matter who is offering the argument, only whether the evidence supports the theory.

In this case, "broken economy" isn't a fair description. Anyone can sell stuff they don't want and buy stuff they need, which is exactly what happens in a healthy economy. Lower prices in several markets doesn't mean anything other than a change in what's profitable to farm or craft, the cost of making shinies for one's self, and/or how likely it is for someone to decide to farm. In an unhealthy economy, none of that would be true. It's got nothing to do with flipping or exploits or raiding or vocal minorities.

The commentry about vocal minority, and my banal digs at raiders in general is just about the culture of complaints in the game (flippers, raiders, etc. They all complain constantly about woe is me issues, some of it does include material movements etc). I mean it's pretty obviously a tact to lower the inflation in the game for t6's by anet, even adding the map rewards didn't stabilise the t6 market, it happens pretty regularly. Is it broken? no. Is it destroying the economy? of course not. I mean, are we really basing the value of the economy on a few items. They make it sound like millions of people are going to istan and farming the meta when we all know that it's hyperbole. I spent yesterday visiting meta maps for a bit of a farming break from wintersday, and they weren't exactly hubs of activity.

@Sernius Alathar.6538 said:

@Sernius Alathar.6538 said:Trying to argue with tp flippers and those who can't exploit prices is like trying to argue with a rock. The rock will always win because it's too rigid and too dense. "breaking economy" is just hyperbole like raiders complaining about anything. I am going to enjoy the low prices until the vocal minority ruin the game again.

The commentry about vocal minority, and my banal digs at raiders in general is just about the culture of complaints in the game (flippers, raiders, etc. They all complain constantly about woe is me issues, some of it does include material movements etc). I mean it's pretty obviously a tact to lower the inflation in the game for t6's by anet, even adding the map rewards didn't stabilise the t6 market, it happens pretty regularly. Is it broken? no. Is it destroying the economy? of course not. I mean, are we really basing the value of the economy on a few items.

From a traders perspective, I dont care, if markets go up or down. As long as they keep going up and down periodically because i make my profits from price swings.

I just buy whatever you guys farm in excess and then sell it back to you, once Anet nerfs your farm or you start farming something else.

They make it sound like millions of people are going to istan and farming the meta when we all know that it's hyperbole. I spent yesterday visiting meta maps for a bit of a farming break from wintersday, and they weren't exactly hubs of activity.

Istan didnt destroy the the game economy but it definately had a negative impact on reward structure balance across different zones and game modes, which is bad for the health of the game in general.

• 1 month later...

Did you know you can get a lot of Rugged Leather from Cowrie League Leather Crates in PoF?Yep, but that doesn't change the fact that Rugged Leather is my bottleneck and its price hasn't changed much over the last year. If Cowrie League Leather crates were that lucrative, the supply of Rugged Leather would have increased, leading to a decrease in the price of Rugged Leather on the Trading Post. But that hasn't happened.

Archived