Hi , i created new account 6d ago , played for some hours but got busy irl and cameback to the game today and account blocked?

Posted (edited)

This my main account , i have it for almost 5years or so .

Can't we have alt accounts? 

I am so confuse what is going on , contacted support but they asked me the location i am playing , usual stuff , i did told them my situation but no answer after that , i even have authenticator on the account , why i'm blocked is beyond my understanding.

After this experience i lost interest in buying anything tbh

Edited by Thakky.3260

Honestly GW2 is so alt friendly that it isn't even an alt, it's a different main 😄 . I think there's a larger issue here that is unrelated to having another account, but only really support could tell you why. I would just wait a bit and see what support responds with, or possibly send a second reply to support, forwarding your previous reply as a follow-up email so that your ticket gets bumped on their side.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The CS Team allows 72 hours to respond to an issue, and even more time during high-volume instances.  If you've not heard back in3 or 4 days, and you update your original ticket and ask for more information.

If you are using a VPN, you may have been caught up in a security round-up.

Good luck.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

6 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

They've already responded once, so I'd say the email address is sufficient. 

:classic_huh: You don't understand: I said they might have blocked the OP's account because of the e-mail address, and the OP might have to change it if that's the case.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

After some time they unblock my account but odd enough i just got caught in fire while they were purging bots? this was their asnwer:

Hello,

It appears this account was caught in our regular account security review. After thoroughly reviewing this account I have decided to remove the block that was placed on it. You may now access our services again.

Also, as a precautionary measure, we have reset the password of your account and an automatically generated e-mail containing a link has been sent to your e-mail address.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thakky.3260 said:

After some time they unblock my account but odd enough i just got caught in fire while they were purging bots? this was their asnwer:

Hello,

It appears this account was caught in our regular account security review. After thoroughly reviewing this account I have decided to remove the block that was placed on it. You may now access our services again.

Also, as a precautionary measure, we have reset the password of your account and an automatically generated e-mail containing a link has been sent to your e-mail address.

Yea, that happens sometimes.  Glad you got it resolved.