I hope gw2 will be a better game and played by more players.

Posted (edited)

I have to go to work tomorrow and I have a very tiring job. Despite this, I try to make time for the game as much as possible, but I have to make a decision. I have played and continue to play many online games. Even though they are of different types, I usually decide to quit when I have learned the game well or mastered it. Normally, when a player plays the game well, especially a pvp game, he continues to play that game for a long time, but this is the opposite for me. When I start playing a game very well, I notice the cheats in that game, those who use cheats, those who deliberately lose, and those who gain advantage by using the game's bugs and vulnerabilities. This happened to me in many games. For example, six months ago I had never heard of automatic dodge. There are cheaters in almost all online games, but if the behavior of the non-cheating players of the game is also bad, I decide to quit that game.

I don't plan on buying the new expansion of the game. I decided to wait at least four more months. I am planning to buy a new computer during this time and I will buy the best computer that money can buy. Even though I am currently playing GW2 very comfortably with maximum graphics, I have a good reason to do this. I want to have access to all games. That is, I want to play games that I prefer not to play because my computer is not sufficient or low fps. I will start the game I plan to play by paying around 3200 dollars. The game is not pay and win but I know there are no cheating players out there which is almost impossible. I also know that if anyone cheats, their company is rich enough to punish them by permanently banning their accounts.

Gw2 is becoming more and more disappointing for me. First of all, they are groups of players that are entered via Discord and play in WVW for different reasons, not to win the game. I like GW2 as a game, but the presence of such players is the main reason why we constantly lose in WVW. Moreover, they definitely do not help. In the picture below there is a group of players who I think look like bodybuilders who have been fighting for hours and just show off their muscles and let little kids hit them. I didn't write down who they were, it's against the rules and I took the picture later. They can stay where they fight for hours without dying, but they do not help us capture the enemy's castles or defend our own castles. It is impossible for us to help them and they never let us into their parties without entering the discord. I explained it in detail in the picture.

https://ibb.co/0M76jFJ

There is also the issue of PVP. When I first started the game, I was dying all the time and I couldn't kill any enemies on my own. Nowadays, when it's 1v1, I can kill almost all the enemies and sometimes I even win in 3vs1. However, in terms of pvp rank, I am much further behind than when I first started the game. I'm playing better and better, but I'm falling further behind in terms of rank. I also know about PVP rank sales in the game, but I would never do such a thing.

In conclusion, although I love GW2 very much, I may quit the game due to the cheats used in both PVE and PVP, the conditions for joining discord groups, the behavior of the players and the existence of racist guilds. So, instead of paying 30 dollars and buying the new expansion and continuing to play, I am about to decide to buy a new computer system, pay 3200 dollars and play a beta game that has not been finished for 11 years. In the meantime, I promised to personally take the necessary legal measures against the site where the cheat programs in GW2 are made and to protect GW2. To be honest, there were six good people I met in the game, but I had to stay away from them because good things come with thorns. I hope gw2 will be a better game and played by more players.

Actually, I had already paid for the game I was planning to play. around 1200 dollars. Structurally, the game works with a pay and play system. However, you can start the game by purchasing the spaceships you can buy by playing in the game in advance with money, and the ships are no different from the ones you buy in the game.So, I plan to pay another 3200 dollars on top of the 1200 dollars I paid. There is absolutely no need for this and I could have played the game and gotten the things I bought by paying only 30 dollars for the game in a week.My purpose in doing this is to have money that I can spend on myself and I don't want to reward myself..

I bought dozens of fashion items to reward myself while playing Gw2.I didn't buy Legendey weapons with money like many players do, but I tried to craft them myself.Oh, as I said, GW2 is starting to be a disappointment for me.Don't get me wrong, it's not a game, I love the general structure of the game, the fashion items, the maps, everything.The problem is the players. For example, when I talked to a YouTuber who uploaded cheating videos to YouTube, I told him that he had seen such things happen to me, but he should not think of me as a new player because I had legendery items.I explained that I had played the game for over 1700 hours and could understand what was what, but he answered me in a very bad and toxic way..Later, I learned that this youtuber was cheating and that he did it not to expose the cheating players, but to announce the existence of cheats in the game to other players and to gain profit in this business.

Additionally, there are some players in the game who are not on my friends list and who have dozens of different accounts and who write to me from time to time, which I want to stay away from..Even though I don't even remember exactly who they were, I can say that they bothered me a lot.I think they are different people using the same accounts and somehow I am afraid of them. Even though I don't know exactly why, I get goosebumps every time they write to me. I mean, sometimes they have complete information about me, but sometimes they act like we have just met.It feels like you're constantly being watched in the game.

It also bothers me that guilds invite me randomly and are not online for weeks.So, if you don't play the game, why do you want to join me in the guild?

To enter the discord channels in the game, I used different nicknames and my free account, which I started the game 9 years ago.I visited and examined all discord channels, from the biggest to the smallest. For example, when I share a video about the game, it is removed in many of them. In many of them, they want to buy my account or sell me things.

I have many problems while playing PVE.Many plugins and discord channels are required even to kill a boss that I have killed maybe 350 times.This was not so common when I first started playing, I think the fact that Discord is used as a kind of market instead of voice chat is effective in this regard..

I think I will quit playing gw2 completely within 4 months. I had completely deleted my account in a game I stopped playing before.This would prevent me from returning to the game, and there were a lot of game account sales in that game. So, I wanted to make sure that my account was not sold to others or stolen.Unlike GW2, I played 8,000 hours in that game.

Edited by eriniy.8607
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 21
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Congratulations, or sorry to hear that. I don't know

Comment of the day 🤣
Also considering copy/pasting this to clipboard as this is an efficient response to all the OPs posts...

Edited by Obnoxa.6702
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Um...something, something, bodybuilding cheater, OP is rich and likes/hates GW2, something, new job, PVP, taking legal action against cheaters? Here I thought AI was improving in coherency...

Whatever happened to that RP husband OP was looking for, hm? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

"Man how I hate those guilds and Discord servers who want to sell me things. I'm off playing a game that's in beta, makes promises that cheating will be impossible, but already sells assets for thousands of dollars."
Makes sense I guess. You will be missed. Please drop by when you ended cheating and botting in online gaming.

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

I admit I just asked ChatGPT (again) to summarize this, since I gave up after the third sentence. Here is a tl:dr I guess? Sorry, couldn't resist.

"The user is contemplating quitting Guild Wars 2 (GW2) due to encountering cheaters, uncooperative players in World vs. World (WVW), and issues with the game's PvP ranking system. Despite their love for the game's design and features, negative player behavior, including toxic interactions and Discord-exclusive groups, has become disheartening. The user plans to wait four months before buying a new, high-end computer to access a broader range of games and invest in a new beta game that promises a better community and anti-cheat measures. Although they’ve met some good players, the overall negative experiences overshadow the positives. The user also dislikes random guild invites and the commercialization of Discord channels within the game. They consider deleting their GW2 account to prevent misuse, similar to what they did with a previous game they played for 8,000 hours."

Now it's even more confusing after reading older posts of OP. Especially that guild presentation.

Edited by Radiancee.6537
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, eriniy.8607 said:

The game is not pay and win but I know there are no cheating players out there which is almost impossible. I also know that if anyone cheats, their company is rich enough to punish them by permanently banning their accounts.

What does this even mean...? OP has got to be using generative AI or a very poor translation software for their posts...

Welp, at least it's not as bad as "While animals are making love, their owners must decide which abilities they will use." from the thread titled "Griffon is not a glider?"

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)

OP is right. GW2 could be a much better game but the toxic community drags it down. Any time I've ever made a thread on this forum making a suggestion for the game I am met with hostility from toxic GW2 players who think they have a monopoly on game changes.

Just look at all the responses to you in this thread, OP. It's the exact same hostility that anyone who criticizes GW2 has to contend with on a daily basis.

Either you just accept GW2's shortcomings and it's toxic community, or leave. That's all you can do.

Edited by Buzzbugs.1236
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

OP is right. GW2 could be a much better game but the toxic community drags it down. Any time I've ever made a thread on this forum making a suggestion for the game I am met with hostility from toxic GW2 players who think they have a monopoly on game changes.

How dare other people have diverging opinions. Blasphemy!

If others disagree with your ideas you can accept their diverging opinions, try to adapt your idea so others might accept it (and hopefully improve on it thanks to crowd sourcing) or complain. Choosing option 3 does not add any more merit to your ideas, nor will it convince others that they were of value.

Just look at all the responses to you in this thread, OP. It's the exact same hostility that anyone who criticizes GW2 has to contend with on a daily basis.

TC is getting these responses because he has a recent history of nonsensical posts which given his unique blog style way of messaging stuck with some readers. It's not the first time he complains about hacks and cheats or being barred from entry into PvE content. He refused to follow given advice given in his previous posts where he clearly showed his lack of understanding this games basics.

Either you just accept GW2's shortcomings and it's toxic community, or leave. That's all you can do.

Again others disagreeing is not toxic. Everyone gets to have their own opinion.

Otherwise: true, if players accepted the game more for what it is they might be more content.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

12 hours ago, Radiancee.6537 said:

I admit I just asked ChatGPT (again) to summarize this, since I gave up after the third sentence. Here is a tl:dr I guess? Sorry, couldn't resist.

"The user is contemplating quitting Guild Wars 2 (GW2) due to encountering cheaters, uncooperative players in World vs. World (WVW), and issues with the game's PvP ranking system. Despite their love for the game's design and features, negative player behavior, including toxic interactions and Discord-exclusive groups, has become disheartening. The user plans to wait four months before buying a new, high-end computer to access a broader range of games and invest in a new beta game that promises a better community and anti-cheat measures. Although they’ve met some good players, the overall negative experiences overshadow the positives. The user also dislikes random guild invites and the commercialization of Discord channels within the game. They consider deleting their GW2 account to prevent misuse, similar to what they did with a previous game they played for 8,000 hours."

Now it's even more confusing after reading older posts of OP. Especially that guild presentation.

So they basically hate competitive online games, but still plays them and just likes to complain online. Ty!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

If others disagree with your ideas you can accept their diverging opinions, try to adapt your idea so others might accept it (and hopefully improve on it thanks to crowd sourcing) or complain. Choosing option 3 does not add any more merit to your ideas, nor will it convince others that they were of value.

I've been met with hostility on this forum for merely posting a suggestion for a mount skin.

One time, I was called a racist because I said I didn't like the overly dragon-centric storyline in the game.

These are just 2 of many examples I can cite. These are not "diverging opinions", these are examples of this communities utter contempt for anyone who makes critiques or suggestions for the game.

Perhaps it's you who needs to adapt. If someone dislikes something about the game and wants to air their frustration, then let them. And stop incessantly attacking them.

Edited by Buzzbugs.1236
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Okay, bye. 

The OP took the time and effort to write a long thought out post and you post a response such as this. Why even reply if this is the quality of your posting? This community is shameful.

Edited by Buzzbugs.1236
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2