Dragon Stand Achievements

Hi Team,

I am a new player that has been following the story of the game and aims to complete all map achievements.

Been doing fine until I reached Dragon Stand map where the meta required to kill the Mouth of Mordremoth. While the meta is great and fun to complete there are 4 achievements that are impossible to complete due to what I was told "powercreep".

The achievements are as follows:
Axemaster Hareth Slayer
Blademaster Diarmid Slayer 
Stavemaster Adryn Slayer
Dragon Bombardier

These can only be done if the main boss is not killed quickly which is unlikely to occur as the player will just kill the boss. 

Looking at the 3 mini boss achievements in the past these were earned while the bosses were killed during the lane phase, however this was later changed and for new players that want to complete them is not fair.

Can we have a solution to this? Make a private meta event option similar to Battle for Lion Arch / Revert the achievements to the original required?

Kind Regards,

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

A private meta event is a very bad idea and also not going to happen. It does however need scaling to counter the power creep. Gerent also has un completable achievements in Tangled Depths - edit - it once had them, but they changed it, so maybe they will sort these too

For the record, Dragon Bombardier should still be completable as this phase usually always occurs

Edited by Randulf.7614

So many achievements in the game are technically impossible without getting really lucky, very sad for an achievement hunter. For these I guess you could play in the middle of the night for your timezone and hope there aren't enough people on the map to finish it quickly. Won't work if its a popular meta though...

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

A private meta event is a very bad idea and also not going to happen. It does however need scaling to counter the power creep. Gerent also has un completable achievements in Tangled Depths

For the record, Dragon Bombardier should still be completable as this phase usually always occurs

Completed all achies in TD, which one are you referring to?

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, robotzel.7863 said:

Completed all achies in TD, which one are you referring to?

If memory serves, there a Gerent achievement requiring all three phases. I haven’t see all three in many years as he’s usually dead in the first phase 

I can't see it listed though so either it's gone or more likely I misremembered. I could have sword there was a 3 phase achieveemnt though because I remmeber complaints about it

edit: It seems they updated the achievement a while ago to say that you just needed to do the lane and not all three phases anymore. The new game tooltiup differs from the wiki and original tooltip

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

And yet the OP listed that particular Dragonstand achievement in his opening post (which I assume is what the post in question is referring to).

Right. but look at the post you replied to where they asked about which TD achievement I referred to and you linked to a Dragon Stand achievement

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I remember having trouble with those - Bombardier because whether it's going to count or not is quite random (but the phase happens consistently even with a full map), and the Slayer ones because it's very rare to reach a commander phase.

The issue is that the sweet spot between "Not enough people so the map cannot progress to the final fight" and "Too many people so power creep will prevent the commanders phase from happening" is very narrow. You make an attempt at off-peak hours and you risk falling into the former, and during peak hours you risk falling into the latter.

I had the most luck at "dawn" and "twilight" so to speak, so around 07:30 UTC and 21:30 UTC. It's definitely possible, but it still took many attempts though.
Regardless I would suggest attempting those outside of weeks where Dragon's Stand is a weekly reward, otherwise it's way more likely that you'll get "too many" players on a map.

Should you eventually reach one of the commander phases, I would suggest tagging as many of them as possible - so go to a platform with one commander, land a few attacks, then mount up and go to another platform, etc. It's possible to tag multiple commanders so multiple achievements for a single phase. That way you'll need to be lucky less than 3 times to get them all.

Also, regarding announcing on map chat that you're going for an achievement: it just never worked for me. I tried it when I was going for the DS achievements, and also for the Silverwastes boss achievements, and while you do get helpful people who'll do their best to help you, many either don't read map chat or don't care/don't understand. Seeing as you need a big number of players to actually follow instructions, it's not realistic to expect that in a random PUG map. Still it's always worth it to try.

---

(Regarding the TD achievements, those are the "Lane Defender" ones, e.g. Nuhoch Lane Defender:

Succesfully participate in the three consecutive defense events in the Nuhoch Lane during King of the Jungle.

I believe the requirements for those are different, because I do have all the achievements for TD and I don't recall having any trouble with those at all. They might just disregard the "consecutive" aspect and just require you to participate to 3 defense events across any number of metas. I'm quite positive I never took part to a meta where the Gerent required 3 phases, let alone one such meta for each lane).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Futeko.9405 said:

I remember having trouble with those - Bombardier because whether it's going to count or not is quite random (but the phase happens consistently even with a full map), and the Slayer ones because it's very rare to reach a commander phase.

I think you need to drop it when the break bar is up. Not 100% but when I was trying to do it and it didn't count I made sure I dropped it on the bar and it worked. Could be just luck but kinda made sense to me at the time.

• Like 1

I agree that Dragon's Stand needs to be adjusted, a lot of older events do. But it is also possible to complete these achievements, it's just harder than it used to be.

Last week Dragon's Stand was one of the Wizard's Vault weekly achivements, so even more people than usual will have been doing it, including a lot who don't normally bother. That means even more so than usual you'll have players burning everything down as fast as they can because they just want to get in, get credit for the meta and get out again. It will be easier to get these achievements when there's no extra incentive so fewer people are doing the meta. (This week might be especially good because a lot of people have done it recently and will be looking to do other things instead.)

It also helps a lot to have an organised map and tell the commanders early on (ideally right at the start of the meta) that you want to do it. That gives them time to adjust instructions for their squad and for everyone to understand what they need to do, and not do. It's not guarenteed of course, there will always be people who don't listen or don't understand, or simply enough people wanting to make sure they keep their participation up (which isn't actually difficult to do) that they burn it down anyway, but if most of the squad is cooperating it should be enough.

Alternatively, if you can, try doing it at quieter times - late at night or during the work day for your region - so there's fewer people, meaning it will take longer. But that's probably less reliable than an organised map where the commanders are trying to trigger that phase.

It will take multiple attempts to get all of them. That's always been the case, I don't think it was ever possible to get all the bosses in one run, but now there's extra steps to get them to appear so it might take more. I recommend making it something you come back to on and off rather than focusing on these specific achievements.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Futeko.9405 said:

---

(Regarding the TD achievements, those are the "Lane Defender" ones, e.g. Nuhoch Lane Defender:

I believe the requirements for those are different, because I do have all the achievements for TD and I don't recall having any trouble with those at all. They might just disregard the "consecutive" aspect and just require you to participate to 3 defense events across any number of metas. I'm quite positive I never took part to a meta where the Gerent required 3 phases, let alone one such meta for each lane).

It seems the wiki is out of date and "Succesfully participate in the three consecutive defense events in the Nuhoch Lane during King of the Jungle" is wrong. I've check in game and the wordage has changed to "Succesfully participate in the  Nuhoch Lane during King of the Jungle."

I'm guessing they changed it because it was not completable and patch notes were missed somewhere by us

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I checked and apparently I've done the three mini boss achievements without really noticing. I suspect it's because I'm in NZ and I'm often playing in our evening which would be very early morning US time. I've done Dragonstand 3 times in my evening in the last two weeks (for various reasons) and have seen the coils with the mini-bosses inside come up at least twice.

So, the advice to try off peak times as much as you can is probably worth trying.

• Like 1