When does Harbringer Shroud Leaves the Beta state???

Harb Shroud seems still in Beta.

When this kit gets his own Projectile/leap/explosion finishers and or a Poisenfield on Shroud 5?

gives atleast 10% projectile finishers for shroud 1 2

give Shroud 3 Leap finisher and immoblize immuninty

give Shroud 4 Leap or explosion finisher to interact with some of the fields that nerco can provide

give Shroud 5 maybe Poisen field?.

Patchnote nov 07.17:   Holoforge had same issue.

• Photon Blitz: This skill is now a 20% chance projectile finisher.
  •  
  •  Holographic Shockwave: This skill is now a blast finisher. This skill will now go on interrupt cooldown instead of full cooldown if it is interrupted before the shock wave is created.
  •  
  •  Coolant Blast: This skill is now a blast finisher. Chill duration increased from 2 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Yeah I mean shroud 4 literally says "leap to the target location, yada yada yada" so I guess it would be a welcome change. But other than that harbi shroud is functionally perfectly fine as is. Necro doesn't need to be as bloated with fields and finishers as, say, ele

• Like 2

I suppose skills 3 and 4 can register as leap finishers, though they're good examples of 'not every mobility skill comes with a leap finisher, but every leap finisher comes with a mobility skill.' Harbinger shroud is pretty functional apart from those two skills. 

13 hours ago, mirage.8046 said:

I suppose skills 3 and 4 can register as leap finishers, though they're good examples of 'not every mobility skill comes with a leap finisher, but every leap finisher comes with a mobility skill.' Harbinger shroud is pretty functional apart from those two skills. 

I think the frustration comes in that other Professions get Combo Interactions slapped on left and right, even when it makes no sense for the skill to be a "Blast" or w/e, while for Necro even just straight up literal leaps aren't Leap Finisher's, Projectiles aren't Projectile Finishers, and even for example the most "Blasty" of all Warhorn skills, Wail of Doom, is the only Warhorn in the game that doesn't have a Blast Finisher - but fsr Skills like Call of Valor, Call of the Wild and Sand Squall are? 

Necromancer always lacking these details and little interactions just makes it look unfinished or carelessly thrown together in comparison. Well, not just that..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Basically, there would be lots of nerfs happening to compensate. 

Why would you predict nerfs? Leaps on necro can only be done in dark field, poison, ice and 1 single light field if you take healing well. Those are the worst fields to leap into.

Dark aura or frost aura is the best outcome you can hope for, and it is way inferior to any other aura that really matters in competitive pvp/wvw. ( I don't even mention light aura because nobody takes healing well outside pve)

If the worries is that necro could stack stealth via smokefield from other classes, well that can happen for any other class that has leaps or blasts and should not be a reason for nerfs

Edited by NecroSummonsMors.7816

38 minutes ago, NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

Why would you predict nerfs? Leaps on necro can only be done in dark field, poison, ice and 1 single light field if you take healing well. Those are the worst fields to leap into.

Dark aura or frost aura is the best outcome you can hope for, and it is way inferior to any other aura that really matters in competitive pvp/wvw. ( I don't even mention light aura because nobody takes healing well outside pve)

If the worries is that necro could stack stealth via smokefield from other classes, well that can happen for any other class that has leaps or blasts and should not be a reason for nerfs

Because 2 reasons. 

1. It's Anet we talk about. 

2.Harbinger is already seen as very oppressive in competitive game modes. Buffing it would make people bring out the pitch forks and torches. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Asum.4960 said:

I think the frustration comes in that other Professions get Combo Interactions slapped on left and right, even when it makes no sense for the skill to be a "Blast" or w/e, while for Necro even just straight up literal leaps aren't Leap Finisher's, Projectiles aren't Projectile Finishers, and even for example the most "Blasty" of all Warhorn skills, Wail of Doom, is the only Warhorn in the game that doesn't have a Blast Finisher - but fsr Skills like Call of Valor, Call of the Wild and Sand Squall are? 

Necromancer always lacking these details and little interactions just makes it look unfinished or carelessly thrown together in comparison. Well, not just that..

True, even this year a few random skills were given finishers, e.g. malicious cunning salvo, convergence, and igniting burst got blasts; for weaver, pistol got phys proj finisher on two dual-attuned skills, but where is necro in those lists?!

It is mind-boggling necro's warhorn doesn't have aoe swiftness and blast finishers; even if it just had a blast finisher or two, you'd be able to grant swiftness by blasting in someone's lightning field. Necro's warhorn is embarrassing unlike tempest's, warrior's, and ranger's. I recall one finisher Necro got a while ago: greatsword 3 became a whirl finisher; said change was also undocumented. 

Necro has a variety of fields, but not enough finishers to complement that. Getting a blast or leap finisher where it makes sense on said skills is long overdue. It's the little details that matter.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Because 2 reasons. 

1. It's Anet we talk about. 

2.Harbinger is already seen as very oppressive in competitive game modes. Buffing it would make people bring out the pitch forks and torches. 

which competitive game modes you talking about? WvW Roaming? 

if Harb should get 1-2 finishers in Shroud this isnt gamebreaking.

currently harb shroud cant even generate a field like Reaper, so you need pre cast before.

Possilbe fields you could use are Poisen Dark light chaos.

sure this would called as a buff, but a only minor buff.

:: fields and finisher are part of the combat of this game why Necromancer shouldnt have this too like all other professions??

3 hours ago, Urgotsfangirl.2408 said:

which competitive game modes you talking about? WvW Roaming? 

if Harb should get 1-2 finishers in Shroud this isnt gamebreaking.

currently harb shroud cant even generate a field like Reaper, so you need pre cast before.

Possilbe fields you could use are Poisen Dark light chaos.

sure this would called as a buff, but a only minor buff.

:: fields and finisher are part of the combat of this game why Necromancer shouldnt have this too like all other professions??

To clarify. 

I personally do not give a kitten if harbinger gets buffed. 

All I am saying is that such a big buff would come with a cost. Not because I want there to be one but I know how Anet balancing works. 

Fields and finishers are not buffs those just make a spec complete. You can always look at numbers if you want to balance but you want the spec to be actually feature complete.

Imo the harbinger shroud #3 and #4 are still janky to use in terms of before/after casts and the speed of travel which is weirdly slow. Also there are no finishers on both which should be pretty obvious.

And the obvious bugs underwater for both these skills.

• Like 2