Berserker is still the meme spec (PvP)

Zekent.3652

This spec is STILL struggling "for the sins" of condi berserker.

There's no way that soulbeasts feels more berserker than the actual berserker class, in its theme and gameplay.

More heal than core T1 (still less than core T2) and also less dmg than core T1

They also fixed Wild Blow non unblockable bug, but tooltip still doesn't says that it's unblockable

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Wish granted. 

Power berserker is now playable again in pvp. 

The pvp forum goes up in flames. Pitch forks and torches raised to the sky. 

"NERF NERF NERF!!!!!" 

They shout none stop. 

And the cycle will repeat itself, again, lol.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

For power Berserker to become strong again you need to buff axes burst skill.... gues what they did not touched since its omega nerf in 2020 febr Patch xp

Yeah i tried some Defense Staff+Axe/Sword then Axe/Axe and stills not enough, spellbreaker is just superior.

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Wish granted. 

Power berserker is now playable again in pvp. 

The pvp forum goes up in flames. Pitch forks and torches raised to the sky. 

"NERF NERF NERF!!!!!" 

They shout none stop. 

This is generally the main issue.

Any warrior build that survives for more then a week is usually abused to death since warrior generally only has 3 builds that somewhat work, Spellbreaker being the most functional one of them.

We have:
-Supp core warrior
-Staffbreaker
-Condi Berserker

Condi berserker and Staffbreaker are degenerate beyond words and staffbreaker already got staff as a weapon nerfed to be somewhat useless unless you are going full heal.

Anything new and fresh is therefore instantly picked up by the wider (remaining ;_;) warrior player base as its usually a breath of fresh air compared to the fetid swamp we are used to.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zekent.3652 said:

Yeah i tried some Defense Staff+Axe/Sword then Axe/Axe and stills not enough, spellbreaker is just superior.

Because Spellbreaker has the baked in defensive tools and offensive stat steroids for just doing warrior things.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

wild blow is doing the designed damage

tbh if wild blow gets a small leap with a bigger radius, power zerker might be viable

I ain't taking it unless its a kill confirm on anyone out of stunbreaks, and especially  not as it is now

20 second cd for a 130 range daze? Lmao pass. Don't care that it's unblockable I have to hug you AND cast it

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

Power berserker has NO damage, unless you're playing a meme build, meanwhile spellbreaker has dmg on meme and non meme builds.

You need to pump those modifiers on berserker to get some damage, and that doesn't happens on spellbreaker.

16 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Just posting to mention I was able to claw power berserker back into viability using some recently implemented bits.

Its a terrible shame that one has to work that hard to make an elite spec work in PVP.

That being said, plz share.

Honestly you can do some disgustingly high damage as Zerk, if you go like Str/Arms, and spear will make that even higher if it doesn't get nerfed. If anyone looks away from you for a second they're in serious trouble.

But I don't quite understand why it's that way, when things that do slightly less damage (but importantly, more than enough to kill) have you beat in virtually every other aspect of buildcraft. Infinity - x% is still infinity.

Like, take some power Mes build, it's pretty similar in that they're high damage from range, can be blown up if they screw up, glass cannon, high risk/high reward, whatever you wanna call em.
They've got potential stealth or a really strong block, invuln(s), don't have to deal with nearly as much projectile hate, mobility that's more effective at actually getting something off you, better CC including a literal instant cast, potential power block, and so on.

Even with a more traditional power Zerk build, the damage isn't horrible, not that it doesn't necessarily need to come up, it's more the inability to actually land it, to generate enough rage to spam out decaps, to maintain Zerk form when the whole spec's clearly built around loading up with the utilities.
I don't think just increasing the number on the screen is a very good solution to that personally, because I don't think non-meme/super glassy specs should have dodge or die levels of damage tbh.

I don't know a great solution for that though, because trying to address it in core traits gives it all to Spb and just maintains the current dynamic, and trying to address it in Zerk alone is hard when the traits are already fairly well defined and have purpose.

16 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Even with a more traditional power Zerk build, the damage isn't horrible, not that it doesn't necessarily need to come up, it's more the inability to actually land it.

This, this is why power Zerker builds fall flat every time. 

Without access to unblockable attacks via signet of might you quite literally, cannot actually apply any damage via the big hard hitting moves. Multi hit attacks are incredibly favoured in the current PvP meta as you can burn through the aegis and blind stacks. Its why for example, rangers Rapid Fire, while doing the same damage as warriors Volley, actually gets more of its damage across since it hits in 10 attacks while volley hits in 5.

The only power Zerker build that I can actually make somewhat work is the Gunflame meme build. And that build HEAVILY relies on access to unblockable attacks via the signet of might and the passive ones from the signet master trait. But hey, if I can make meme builds go to high gold then it feels like there is some hope.

They could just give us back some multi hitting moves, Arc Divider restoration when?

Edited by WingSwipe.3084

21 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Without access to unblockable attacks via signet of might you quite literally, cannot actually apply any damage via the big hard hitting moves.

Eh, it's not just unblockables, though signet of might/signet mastery DO help a lot.

You're also trying to deal with a lack of Resistance (unless you go Defense in which case you're losing a ton of damage), 3.5s on Bloody Roar only goes so far, if you can even afford to take it in the first place.

I think the major problem ends up being that Zerk doesn't really have great multi-hit skills and struggles to get damage (and the ability to stick it) and survivability into one build. Plenty of builds do okay without unblockables, but blockable, singular hits, poor ability to deal with blind, and damage skills/traits being something you can't afford to take most times lead to... Def/Discipline Spellbreaker, Bladesworn's infinity sustain, or cZerk never caring about what the enemy presses, basically.

I really thought the Zerk rework was the time to actually work on giving the class the ability to play different roles/damage types, instead of having 4 different sidenoders, but that doesn't appear to be something Anet's interested in for most classes. Everyone gets one build and one role and the other elites/core are the wish.com copy

Here's to hoping spear doesn't just get relegated to making Spb an even better sidenoder, I guess.