Jump to content
  • Sign Up

How long did it take you to get the no fly zone acheivement


Isopod.4156

Recommended Posts

20 times....20 times to see that bar break and I can fight it multiple times and not see bar break T-T. There is even motivation to not let bar break fail since it prevents the boss from healing! Worst is that often the bar will be at like one or two percent before it fails and it flies...Outside of using every cc skill I can is there anything I personally can do to increase my bar damage or is it just an agonizing waiting game.

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Isopod.4156 said:

20 times....20 times to see that bar break and I can fight it multiple times and not see bar break T-T. There is even motivation to not let bar break fail since it prevents the boss from healing! Worst is that often the bar will be at like one or two percent before it fails and it flies...Outside of using every cc skill I can is there anything I personally can do to increase my bar damage or is it just an agonizing waiting game.

You are relying on a LOT of people in an open world boss fight knowing what CC is and actually using it. Realistically, it's going to be very rare to even get this once, never mind 20 times.

I've given up on ever finishing this, been stuck at 11/20 for a long time now. Maybe if they revamp the fight, the way they did with behemoth and the like?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like a lot of things this was much easier to do back when it was new, just bc a lot of ppls were going for it. I feel like the biggest problem now is you don't even get more than one attempt per spawn just bc the boss dies so quickly. As far as what you can do personally, use the bombs, they do more cc than individual skills iirc. Announce in map that you're going for it, this raises awareness of the cheeve and gets ppls to help you. And then finally start your own squad for it, and put that you're going for the cheeve in lfg. I think these days it would probably be easier to do with fewer ppls during off-hours, when hopefully the boss will live a little longer . . .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have it, sitting at something like 7/20. But I just don't bother, to me it is a good example why tying achievements to conditions that are usually beyond our control (unless one puts in tremendous effort in organizing before hand), are no desirable game design.                                   

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

Like a lot of things this was much easier to do back when it was new, just bc a lot of ppls were going for it. I feel like the biggest problem now is you don't even get more than one attempt per spawn just bc the boss dies so quickly. As far as what you can do personally, use the bombs, they do more cc than individual skills iirc. Announce in map that you're going for it, this raises awareness of the cheeve and gets ppls to help you. And then finally start your own squad for it, and put that you're going for the cheeve in lfg. I think these days it would probably be easier to do with fewer ppls during off-hours, when hopefully the boss will live a little longer . . .

I do shout out before the fight to use cc and call out cc when the bar shows up but its possible that people are using their cc and its missing. Shatterer is up there in terms of visual noise making it very hard to see what I'm doing, and it shifts its foot back a lot when the bar shows up so people could be using the skills where the foot was and not is. I'm not sure having a smaller group would be better, yes the boss would live longer but would few people even be able to break the bar? Also what bombs

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Larger groups are generally less likely to do any specific thing you are aiming to do, they're more likely to just finish the event. This is true of all events, generally . . .

When you launch off the jump pads and glide, you gain access to a bomb skill that does good cc damage . . .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

been here since the start.. and I still dont have that one done.... mainly due to laziness and not wanting to run shatterer over and over again, plus hoping the pugs around know what CC is and how to use it.   Far too many variables for that one  out of my control, so I never bothered completing it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There used to be a group on NA that would regularly organize getting the harder achievements done and coordinating CC. Can't remember the name and whether or not they still do it unfortunately. 

You could always try organizing something yourself though - a group in the LFG, a waystation, a brief explanation, and a CC call-out. Not saying it'll be a slam dunk, but it's worth a shot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't remember but this one is as others mentioned pretty much a "do this thousands of times and you might get it done" achievement by now.

Things you can do:

- bring as much cc as you can, like a LOT

- drop a legion waystation and ping it as well as ping both the station as well as for cc

- just keep running the fight daily

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get some friends in to help you. Have them equip all cc they have. And then don't fight on an organized map, but preferably on an empty map. I think I remember an instance where I was with one other person, and I think we managed to break the break bar. It scales a lot with the amount of people that are around. We didn't even remotely get it's health down, that scales very differently 😛

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

Get some friends in to help you. Have them equip all cc they have. And then don't fight on an organized map, but preferably on an empty map. I think I remember an instance where I was with one other person, and I think we managed to break the break bar. It scales a lot with the amount of people that are around. We didn't even remotely get it's health down, that scales very differently 😛

I don't have like close friends, I talk to guild mates of course and I'm friendly with them hope I'm their friends, but not in a way where I can just be like "hey we should all do shatterer together" XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Isopod.4156 said:

I don't have like close friends, I talk to guild mates of course and I'm friendly with them hope I'm their friends, but not in a way where I can just be like "hey we should all do shatterer together" XD

If you talk to your guild mates, you are in a position to say 'let's all do shatterer together'.  Or: "hey, I'm looking for a group to help me get the no fly achievement. Anybody wanna do shatterer together?" In my experience people are actually very helpful. People feel good if they help someone. You just have to ask 🙂

 

PS: I had a hard time asking help (outside of game, but I don't think it's that different) before. I was told to actively ask help that might inconvenience people. I did so, and turns out people really don't mind so much. And it they do mind, they are free to say no. This experiment really helped me.

Edited by Flowersunshine.7385
Added a PS.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2024 at 9:54 AM, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

Want to walk us all through how you managed to break a bar 20 times on your "first time" when even before the power creep got out of hand you'd only see it 3 or 4 times a fight?

I'm certainly intrigued.

Not sure how, might have been organised squad that joined my map. All I know, that I got it first time I joined after a long time. I might have had some progress before, not sure when rework went live.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is trivial since EMP.

Before that there used to be commanders guiding people when to jump and glide for the CC. Didn't take too many tries with those.

Shouting for CC skills isn't enough. The whole idea was that nipping at his ankle won't work for this. You need to mess glide bomb, or cheese with EMP.

Edited by Skie.8904
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...