Ele in PvP

I'm trying this again. Why does ele in PvP (but also in WvW) need twitce the player skill (and five times the number of skills) to do less than all the other classes? Less damage, less survivability, less movement, less life, less armor. It's insane. The other classes do 1 button and deal 6k-8k, while on ele I do 8 skills and change 5 attunement and deal less damage. THIS IS INSANE. You are literally nerfing players' skills.

Furthermore, SO MANY TRAITS are bugged and 60% of core utility skills are useless. Some of the traits are so nerfed that no one is even remotely thinking about using them.

What ele did to you to deserve this?

As soon as a build emerges with some durability (weaver in 2021, cata signets in 2023, etc.) you nerf it to the ground, while we have warriors with LITERALLY 5 invulnerable/block skills, rangers with blocks and invuln as well, thief with stealth, memsers with invulns and blocks, guards with aegis, invulns, Necro and spectre with double life and weakness spam, etc. and they all have incredibly powerful skills. 

AT LEAST,
BARE MINIMUM,
PLEASE PLEASE
FIX THE BUGS
in the traits.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

only yesterday i was accused of being a bot, macro and blishub user (i didn't even know you could use blishub to cheat in pvp) on my d/d tempest because i beat some one. ele seems to be doing quite well at the moment, but yeah, lots of buttons, but that also means lots of tools

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Eurantien.4632 said:

# of buttons =/= class difficulty

Not directly related, ok, but roughly speaking, do you think it is more difficult to play 1 button and deal 10k, or correctly sequence 10 different buttons of 1k? Is it more difficult the cymbal or the violin?

And that's not the point of the post anyway

Edited by Eventine.8024

@Eventine.8024 that sir depends on if everyone l of the ten skills are just a single strikes or and AoE hit skill xd. As for ele 75% are AoEs. This been said ele need some fine tuning in maybe self sustain terms (when played bunkery) and when played on dmg (while this one is still good in fresh air but overshadowed by other builds)

56 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

depends on if everyone l of the ten skills are just a single strikes or and AoE hit skill xd.

Almost all skills in GW2 have some amount of cleave if that's what you mean. And I don't think that's relevant 

2 hours ago, Eventine.8024 said:

I'm trying this again. Why does ele in PvP (but also in WvW) need twitce the player skill (and five times the number of skills) to do less than all the other classes? Less damage, less survivability, less movement, less life, less armor. It's insane. The other classes do 1 button and deal 6k-8k, while on ele I do 8 skills and change 5 attunement and deal less damage. THIS IS INSANE. You are literally nerfing players' skills.

Furthermore, SO MANY TRAITS are bugged and 60% of core utility skills are useless. Some of the traits are so nerfed that no one is even remotely thinking about using them.

As soon as a build emerges with some durability (weaver in 2021, cata signets in 2023, etc.) you nerf it to the ground, while we have warriors with LITERALLY 5 invulnerable/block skills, rangers with blocks and invuln as well, thief with stealth, memsers with invulns and blocks, guards with aegis, invulns, Necro and spectre with double life and weakness spam, etc. and they all have incredibly powerful skills. 

AT LEAST,
BARE MINIMUM,
PLEASE PLEASE
FIX THE BUGS
in the traits.

I think ele isn't made for you bu reading this 🫤

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I think ele isn't made for you bu reading this 🫤

Very informative and very helpful. Thanks for the very argumentative comment!

Edited by Eventine.8024
  • Like 1

@Eventine.8024 nah i litterly mean what i said are the skills AoE or just one targed skills for example Greatsword 5 is a single targed skill (a skill that hit in a straight line and can only hit one targed) while the Greatsword burst is an AoE (a skill that hits in a circle around you or where you placing it)

4 hours ago, Eventine.8024 said:

Not directly related, ok, but roughly speaking, do you think it is more difficult to play 1 button and deal 10k, or correctly sequence 10 different buttons of 1k? Is it more difficult the cymbal or the violin?

Name a class that has 1 button at 10k damage

10 hours ago, Eventine.8024 said:

Not something to be oversimplified:

1. Yes, pushing 1 button for 10k is easier to execute initially. However, a single attack can be avoided easily and all that damage whiffs. A good example was old Strength Spellbreakers before resistance on dodge rolling. They had huge damage coming off of their attacks, but every attack was a single strike. This made it extremely difficult to deal damage through blind spam or aegis spam.
  2. 10 different strikes for 1k each that requires pushing 3 or 4 buttons to execute may be slightly more complex to combo, but mechanically this is not so easy to avoid. The multiple strikes will fight through things like blind spam or aegis spam or even things like shock aura, ensuring that most of the damage lands.

One could say that: "big single strike for 10ks are easier to understand & perform but come with a great deal of risk vs. reward, whereas 10 strike combo at 1k damage each may be more difficult to perform initially, but ultimately ensures that damage lands much more consistently."

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Eventine.8024 said:

More buttons = more forgiving playstile.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@Eventine.8024Imma be straight honest here.

Conditempest is pretty good rn. If you dont think so, you should start to look at your own execution.  No trashtalk.... but tempest is rly good rn, IF you manage to work around the bugs that came with the "rework".

Its not broken op.... but in the hands of a capable player, you can compete just fine.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilJwyYNsFGJOyPbNfA-D6YfG9qAyYCYyjDAA

You simply gotta ignore the fact its tempest! Overloads are useless in 2024... you are dead before you are done channeling. 

Play it like a core build.  You just use the Tempest trait for infinite Dodges and healing.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
  1. A good example was old Strength Spellbreakers before resistance on dodge rolling. They had huge damage coming off of their attacks, but every attack was a single strike. This made it extremely difficult to deal damage through blind spam or aegis spam.

Lets also not forget the awkwardness of some skills to land, where a target with swiftness running in a straight line cant be hit by spb dagger skills.

Its manageable for sure, but its yet again another " Ever since the rework, i have to detarget prior to using that skill, otherwise it wont function how i want it to function- thing".

They did EXACTLY the same for Burningspeed and earthen rush.

On condibuilds you want to hurt people with the flametrail from burning speed..... However, if you use it with a target, the flametrail will never reach your target, cuz it stops infront of the target, thus not applying the burn.

All those "reworks", made ele stronger, but alot clunkier.  You actively need to work around the bugs to be able to play ele rn.

I literally dont set a target when playing Dagger/dagger...  the only time i will actually target my enemy is when i use Air4 to gapclose.   Except from that, you dont set a target, cuz it simply makes ele alot clunkier if you have someone target.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Its so weird, the only Eles ive seen in sPvP are gods you cant touch or dead weights to their team.

Cant seem to find anything in between.

Its literally those:   "I play Ele no matter what! i will make it work!  i played ele when it was kitten.  i played ele when it was op. And  i still played ele when it was back to being kitten.- kind of people"           And now... they buffed ele again.

The second Anet buffs ele sustain, even if its only ever so slightly......     Those "sworn in" ele players start to become a brickwall for your average joe.     (Daggerbuffs -> Tempest sustain)

While your average joe is still garbo when playing ele.   And thats the problem.  

Class has so much depth, that you pretty much need to build full musclememory in order to play it properly.   You simply cant be looking at your skillbar, and making the right decisions in combat.   But you need to do the right decisions, cuz even a single wrong attunement swap, and you straight up melt to the willyblender that is RPing a beyblade.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Its so weird, the only Eles ive seen in sPvP are gods you cant touch or dead weights to their team.

Cant seem to find anything in between.

I've come across a lot more tempest since the fresh air change, most of them are pretty meltable. I've always played d/d in different forms so I'm very comfortable with what the buttons do but if probably class my self as average or a little bit above. However based on your post I'm now declaring myself a god!

4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Its literally those:   "I play Ele no matter what! i will make it work!- people."   like myself.... i played ele when it was kitten.  i played ele when it was op. And  i still played ele when it was back to being kitten.        And now... they buffed it.

There should be a "I stuck with this during the bad times, let me enjoy this win with it being branded a fotm player or hacker 

Edited by Atoclone.4810