Spellbreaker Open World Builds

Intrepid.5841

Hi all!

With the release of the new elite specs being available to build over on gw2skills.net I wanted to see if anyone had done any theorycrafting on possible builds for the upcoming expansion?

My build.

This is my first run at theorycrafting and my first go at the spellbreaker so I am open to any comments/suggestions! Let's get a nice thread going on this beautiful new forum!

My thoughts with this build:

• Maximizing Crit/Power with Axe/Dagger
  • Offhand Dagger Lifesteal for Sustain Through Trait "Sun and Moon Style"
  • Running Disciple Spec for Increase Run Speed, Axe Mastery, and overall benefits when weapon Swapping

@finalorazor.4653 said:Hi,

I'd rather Change unsuspecting foe for rending strikes.. cuz you only got one disabling skill - to trigger the higher crit rate.I'd rather like a +33% crit Chance more.But I would Play almost like the same.

Great point, I've reflected the build based on that. Thanks!

Hey,Seems like a pretty solid build.Personally I'd take Strength over Arms though - the only thing I'd really miss from Arms is the grandmaster trait for +20% attack speed (but that's only for solo play, with decent Quickness it's not really a problem).Otherwise I like Strength more for the might gain on GS and the +% damage modifiers (or to take Might Makes Right for even more survivability instead, but then a ton of damaging dodge rolls are also nice to have to compensate).If you'd take Arms, I suggest one change though in first tier traits: I find the new Signet Mastery very strong, since Precision is easy to cap (or to almost cap) but the stacking Ferocity is a great boost to crit damage. Considering you'd like to run lots of Signets anyway I think this trait might serve you better :)For runes I'd simply take Strength runes instead of Traveler for more damage and might duration (since you already have the +25% movement speed from Warrior's Sprint in your build).

@Zsoak.5409 said:Hey,Seems like a pretty solid build.Personally I'd take Strength over Arms though - the only thing I'd really miss from Arms is the grandmaster trait for +20% attack speed (but that's only for solo play, with decent Quickness it's not really a problem).Otherwise I like Strength more for the might gain on GS and the +% damage modifiers (or to take Might Makes Right for even more survivability instead, but then a ton of damaging dodge rolls are also nice to have to compensate).If you'd take Arms, I suggest one change though in first tier traits: I find the new Signet Mastery very strong, since Precision is easy to cap (or to almost cap) but the stacking Ferocity is a great boost to crit damage. Considering you'd like to run lots of Signets anyway I think this trait might serve you better :)For runes I'd simply take Strength runes instead of Traveler for more damage and might duration (since you already have the +25% movement speed from Warrior's Sprint in your build).

Thank you for your feedback, I was struggling with the strength/arms and you made some great points. I also switched over to signet mastery and then went with Strength runes as well. Thanks again!

@Zsoak.5409 said:Hey,Seems like a pretty solid build.Personally I'd take Strength over Arms though - the only thing I'd really miss from Arms is the grandmaster trait for +20% attack speed (but that's only for solo play, with decent Quickness it's not really a problem).Otherwise I like Strength more for the might gain on GS and the +% damage modifiers (or to take Might Makes Right for even more survivability instead, but then a ton of damaging dodge rolls are also nice to have to compensate).If you'd take Arms, I suggest one change though in first tier traits: I find the new Signet Mastery very strong, since Precision is easy to cap (or to almost cap) but the stacking Ferocity is a great boost to crit damage. Considering you'd like to run lots of Signets anyway I think this trait might serve you better :)For runes I'd simply take Strength runes instead of Traveler for more damage and might duration (since you already have the +25% movement speed from Warrior's Sprint in your build).

Hi,

but the strength trait is only usefull when you're playing with greatsword only - in my oppinion.

I'd Play like this for a maximum dmg Output Build

This is my actual PVE Build Build

Ye I like a greatsword most, cuz ist one of my two legendarys - but when I feel in mood im swapping to dual weild axes and then I almost use your build.

Archived