Why no balance patch? Please read this.

2 hours ago, aymnad.9023 said:

Condi tempest seems to be gaining popularity too. I saw a lot of them recently.

They are definately strong 1v1, but they are more like hammer cata on sides, prone to being an easy +1 due to low mobility/cc (from what ive seen). In group fights they are out classed by almost everything, again like hammer cata, having to step in all the cleave/range aoe spam to do any damage, and any team aura support is not traited to be 1v1 viable. I did try it not so long ago, but it feels pretty 1 dimentional, has nothing on the versatility of the pre-nerf scepter condi temepst, which I still miss playing ;[

I did duel some really strong hammer weaver condi builds, but not sure if its just my spec that struggles with it. Regardless, it still will probably suffer to low mobility/cc output making it prone to being an easy +1, well, compared to SPB.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

They are definately strong 1v1, but they are more like hammer cata on sides, prone to being an easy +1 due to low mobility/cc (from what ive seen). In group fights they are out classed by almost everything, again like hammer cata, having to step in all the cleave/range aoe spam to do any damage, and any team aura support is not traited to be 1v1 viable. I did try it not so long ago, but it feels pretty 1 dimentional, has nothing on the versatility of the pre-nerf scepter condi temepst, which I still miss playing ;[

I disagree. It was not bad in teamfights. A lot of builds do not have that many condi cleanse so putting aoe, sharing auras all while providing some healing will slowly drain them. Are you saying that people do not run the healing trait? I am almost certain they are because it is harder to get value from the other. Also it was hard to get kills in games with 2 tempest (and they still had a good condi pressure).

It was not accelerating the game like a fa build, or slowing it like full duelist or a full support but being able to complement any role does have a place especially in this solo queue environment. 

Edited by aymnad.9023

On 8/3/2024 at 4:16 PM, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 well very obviously there is a difference in ranked and automated tournments meta. The list above was the automated tournments meta. For ranked it should be something like this:

Vindicator, Spellbreaker, Untamed, Deadeye, Willbender, Daredevil, Berserker, Druid, Mirage, Dragonhunter, Virtuoso, Scrapper ......

Basicly everything that is fast can hold 1v1s and kill peops fast cause thats what you need to do to carry a game

Yes and no. If in a given match you are one of the mechanically strongest players then playing a mobile dps build will let you hard carry. If you are one of the less skilled players you are better off on some tanky bruiser build so you don't get farmed as easily by better players on mobile dps builds.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2024 at 8:47 PM, aymnad.9023 said:

I disagree. It was not bad in teamfights. A lot of builds do not have that many condi cleanse so putting aoe, sharing auras all while providing some healing will slowly drain them. Are you saying that people do not run the healing trait? I am almost certain they are because it is harder to get value from the other. Also it was hard to get kills in games with 2 tempest (and they still had a good condi pressure).

It was not accelerating the game like a fa build, or slowing it like full duelist or a full support but being able to complement any role does have a place especially in this solo queue environment. 

That is not a fair situation, you are now talking about 2x aura sharing tempests built for group fights, yet a lot of tempest I have seen were side noding, and ive been given 2 builds now from tempests that were not aura sharing, it was a duelist spec. If you put any hybrids into a group fight it will have the same effect of slowing the fight down. However, there are better things than tempest hybrid, becuase it is forced into melee range on dagger, and most of their damage is fire/bleed. People don't really play hybrids or even support, but just one support/hyrbid setup with some team clease would eliminate the damage of 2x tempests. If the tempests go with pistol then they are now subjected to both projectile hate (ironic) and cleanse. Ele condi has always been bad, and higly prone to cleanse, it is the sustain that really carries those specs. You can really just ignore the tempests, kill another target, and the CC/demon queen/cleansing while doing so will passively take care of the tempest till it's their time to get primaried.

I did use to play a lot of condi scepter tempest and it always suffered to cleanse like this. Due to the range though, it offered some more safety/flexability. Now the temepst just takes more risk for the same prone to be cleansed damage, which you fully depend on other condi specs to cover.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 1

@Flowki.7194 There is a misunderstanding. I was confused when you said

aura support is not traited to be 1v1 viable

I interpreted this as you saying that tempests were not using Elemental Bastion - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) This is why I said that I was almost certain that players are using it and that in games with 2 tempests I noticed a lot of healing.

People I fought were most likely running Tempest - Condition Auramancer - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds with a few variations. Sometimes with a different trait (like stone heart) or a different weapon (focus) or utility.

Maybe you have a different setup in mind?

Edited by aymnad.9023

1 hour ago, aymnad.9023 said:

@Flowki.7194 There is a misunderstanding. I was confused when you said

I interpreted this as you saying that tempests were not using Elemental Bastion - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) This is why I said that I was almost certain that players are using it and that in games with 2 tempests I noticed a lot of healing.

People I fought were most likely running Tempest - Condition Auramancer - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds with a few variations. Sometimes with a different trait (like stone heart) or a different weapon (focus) or utility.

Maybe you have a different setup in mind?

Both of the builds were fire/earth, and were very strong in 1v1. Given how strong they were, I assume any tempests playing sides are using something similar. I dueled a lot of condi tempests and that was the first build I really began to struggle with, which made me interested to look into playing tempest again.

If they are setup to actually group fight then yeah, aura share/heal makes more sense, I played that enough, but dagger/x ele in group fights is just not good (the reason I don't play condi ele at all now thanks to scepter nerf). As soon as you have to kite out for any reason what so ever, or the enemy have high mobility specs, your dmg drops to 0, before the issue of cleansing. Or in other words, if condi becomes more used in games, most specs can quite easily setup to deal with it, and tempest will be hit hard while also taking more melee range risks. Gaurd is like that, not enough types of condi, and rev also isnt that far behind, but it has range which compensates.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 1

On 8/3/2024 at 11:40 AM, Myror.7521 said:

@TheAngryDuckling.5481 technicaly warr would have still condi zerker. But all warriors i know do not like playing this build (aside maybe one outlier) soooo in the end the reason why we warr mains playing spellbreaker is not cause its broken but because its more fun to Play instead xp

God, if we have to play spellbreaker because its more fun then the abomination that is condi zerker then it really shows how low we have fallen.

I think condi zerker is the only other "viable" warrior build. Spellbreaker really needs a nerf but that just leaves the question where warrior players go from there, dont think there is another viable power build in the current meta.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Myror.7521 said:

@WingSwipe.3084 yep exactly If Spellbreaker would get overnerfed we gonna Play Condi zerker again. The only other thing you would maybe be able to Play on is .......... Core GS/Staff warrior lmao xD

We could hope for some power zerker buffs, but that seems incredibly unlikely. 

None the less, SPB needs to get brought down, its kitten to fight against.