The 19th King and Queen's Horrorween (2024)

THE 19TH KING AND QUEEN'S HORRORWEEN (2024)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Off The Scales 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

🐲 ABOUT 🐲
Come one - come all to The 19th King and Queen's Horrorween!
Join us in Lion's Arch, on the 26th of October, starting at 5.30pm CEST.
Tyria's oldest community event returns to the Guild Wars© franchise with an adventure high into the skies of The Mad Realm!
Proudly sponsored by ArenaNet.

The revered Snowman King of old, Frozenwind on behalf of her majesty Mad Queen Malafide cordially invite you all to attend merriment a mile high.
Featuring the famous costume contest, live in-game bands, proton packs,
a dedicated Discord channel where you can interact with our courtiers / listen to Halloween music
and fan favourite activities you have all come to know and love!

It is not to be missed! 
Visit the official website TheHorrorween.com for more information come October!

🦴 PLOT FOR 2024 🦴
At the conclusion of The Elder Dragon Cycle, magic started to find it's equilibrium.
This had far reaching effects, like a ripple in a great pond. 
Kryptis, The Void & denizens of The Mists took note of this fundamental change in Tyria's fabric. 
Ever seeking release from The Mad Realm, Mad King Thorn set a task for his Lunatic Court
turn the newly created Skyscales to his will, to form a new minion - and an avenue of escape!
They have begun converting fledgling Skyscales to soon become - The Hallowscale

This predicament has been deemed too much of an otherworldly threat to simply ignore by Magister Tassi & The Captains Council.
Working in alignment with the Horrorween's royal hosts, Daniel Frozenwind and Mad Queen Malafide,
they have undertaken the forming of a cracked squad of Lion Guard nicknamed the "The Coast Busters".
The task they hold is a grave one, to hold the line at Horrorween when the veil is thinnest, and prevent the Hallowscales from reaching the Mad King.

🎃A MESSAGE FROM THE MAD KING 🎃
"Will you fly into my Realm?" said the Mad King to the scale of the sky;
"'Tis the prettiest little Realm that ever you did scry.
The way into my Realm is up a winding stair,
And in my cauldron many pretty things bubble and squeak while you are there."
"Oh, no, no!" said the little wing of the sky, " to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again!" 
"I'm sure you must be weary, with soaring up so high,
Will you rest beneath my Pumpkin Head?" said The Mad King to the scale of the sky...

🧪EVENT SCHEDULE - 26TH OCTOBER 6PM CEST 🧪

17:30 | [Gray]  Opening Ceremony  Story Segment                
18:00 | [Green] The Mellow Marsh Man Costume Brawl               
18:30 | [Blue] COAST BUSTERS! Activity           
19:00 | [Red] Smokin' & Ghostin' Activity                 
20:00 | [Copper]  Grand Concert of The Ghostly Quartet Musical Feature             
20:30 | [Silver]  Concert Half Time Musical Feature
21:00 | [Gold]   Concert Conclusion Musical Feature           
21:30 | [White]  The Scaled Up Costume Contest Fashion Wars          
22:00 | [Ember]  Costume Contest Judging Fashion Wars          
22:30 | [Bioluminescent] Dragon Ball B Blasphemous Beetle Boost Racing
23:00 | Super Slalom Professional Racing
23:30 | The Reveal Story Segment
00:00 | Grand Finale & Community Spirit Award Firework Show
00:30 | Horrorween Afterparty Drink & Discord
01:00 | Human sacrifice. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria! 

Colours in [brackets] determine the current Hallowscale threat level.
When each level is reached a Hallowscale mini will be released to a raffle entrant.

👻 SPONSERED GUILD(S)  👻
[ANET] ArenaNet
| for sponsoring the event with prizes and promotion
[GOTD] Guardians of the Dutch | for donating event prizes & hosting event discord
[CMAJ] Minstrels Waypoint | for providing the famous live band "The Ghostly Quartet"
[RACE] Beetle League Racing Team | for bringing premier racers for the Horrorween circuit
[MK1] Golems Walk Among Mere Invaders | If you know, you know. 
☠️ NOTEWORTHY IN-GAME ACTIVITIES ☠️

👻 The Ghostly Quartet 👻
The ghostly band of musicians bring down the sky during the incredible live in-game concert.
They play all their music live and by hand, bringing us songs of yore! It is an event not to be missed! 

🐉 The Scaled Up Costume Contest 🐉
Dress your spookiest and adopt an almost draconian style at our annual costume contest.
Alternatively the most glorious Coast Buster may take it - who ya gonna' call?
Our judges will judge based on originality, creativity and style (no full gemstore costumes).
Best King, best Queen and "Ugly Stick" win special prizes. It will be your best chance to take a flight of fancy! 

🔥 Dragon Ball B 🔥
Prepare to scorch some cobblestones and watch those devious turns! Dragon Ball B is the fastest Roller Beetle race in Tyria.
The winners get to face off and go Super Slalom!

Grand Finale 
Don't miss the spectacular conclusion of the Horrorween; an epic fireworks show! 

🏆The Community Spirit Award 🏆
Every year we have a special prize from the vast reaches of the Mists, for one very special Tyrian.
Simply attend and bring all your festive spirit to have a shot at this prize. 
🥃 BEVERAGE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE HORRORWEEN 🥃 (18+)

For adults at the event after 10.30pm

Whisky of The Mad Moon:
Ardbeg Wee Beastie 5yr
Whisky of The Gourd: Glenmorangie 10yr (new release)
Whisky of The Janthir Isles: Arran 10yr 

Mead of The Crossing: Lindisfarne Mead
Mad Queen's Brew: Cherry mead

Frozenwind's Elixir (beer): Northern Monk Faith

Horrorween Shocktail:  Two shots Kraken dark rum, slice of lime, half a can of Jamaica Ginger Beer, four ice cubes.

Non-Alcoholic Beer: Crabbies Ginger Beer 
Non-Alcoholic Quaggan Tonic: Hot spiced apple cider 

Please drink responsibly. 

⚰️ FAQ  ⚰️

How do I take part? 

The event shall be held on EU servers, in Lion's Arch, on the 26th of October, starting at 6pm CEST!
All you have to do is attend, take part in the festivities and fabulous prizes will be in store for you.
Try to avoid the fireballs! 

Help, I'm not on an EU server / I can't make it!

Not to worry!
There are many other ways to take part in the spooky festivities.
Just make sure you have trained your dragon and fly over to The Raffle and Art Contest on the official forums, or join any of the several activities on Discord and Twitch.
A work around is to create a free account, if you win anything big at the event we will gladly mail it across The Mists to your main account!

🦇 TWITCH COVERAGE 🦇
STREAMERS
Poet's Twitch Channel
🗺️ CROSS SERVER CONTESTS🗺️

🎨THE OFFICAL ART CONTEST 🎨

This year there will be another extraordinary Halloween Art Contest with spectacular prizes.
To enter, post a Halloween art piece that you created (AI pieces will be unfavourabley judged),
including one of the event's hosts, or both - Draconic / Coast Buster themes earns you bonus points!
More details will be provided in the Art Contest Thread, which you'll find come October. 

Prizes

1st Place: ArenaNet Gem Code, (more prizes to follow)
2nd Place: ArenaNet Gem Code, (more prizes to follow)
3rd Place: ArenaNet Community Chest, (more prizes to follow)

Additional prizes may be added to the pot, and there are also surprise prizes for some of the runners up! 

🧟 THE RAFFLE 🧟
Pick a number between 1 and 100, and we'll randomly draw a winner from that list, during the event.
Just pick one number and your character name, and post in this thread which number you've chosen.
You can't take a number that had already been picked, and one number per Account.
Some folks may receive a different number automatically, if they choose a number that is already taken.
Without a character name, we can't send you the prize.
Make sure you spell it right. And yes, US players can take part as well! 
The Raffle may be extended in case of overwhelming interest with more numbers giving more winners.

The Raffle is now open for entrants.

Spoiler

Beware the danger of secrets kept.

Edited by Daniel Frozenwind.2946
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The Raffle List

1. AbductedFry.6032
3. MathBat.8546
4. Misty.1652
5. Merc The Forgotten.5610
11. Shisureen.8930
13. Faeilith.8340
14. nickoz.3249
16. vyrmu.7498
24. Ana.2415
25. PotatoAim.7014
28. Chowley.6217
30. Anamona.1089
31. Beck.3496
32. greszko.1053
33. Nightmare.5607
35. askja.1692
39. Wario.3984
42. Nitsirk.2357
44. GwTurbo.3062
61. LPHeadstrong.6798
65. Charmfang.6507
69. Razoran.7683
75. sakura.1856
77. Morgenstern.5346

Edited by Daniel Frozenwind.2946
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I miss your commander leads in Aurora Glade.

There's no other commander like you in game, with the inspiration and determination you have.

I remember that specific time we took SMC from Undeworld, with your tactics, strategy, and determination, with only a handful of people.

What a fight.

Unfortunately, I changed to WSR about a year ago out of impulse, and used my free home transfer.

Now I'd have to pay 1000 gems to transfer back, which neither I feel like nor think it would make a difference in WvW anyways.

But as you said. Hopefully we'll cross paths someday and be able to fight together.

Anyways. 

Good luck with the events.

All the best partner.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Horrorween updates:

• We have confirmed over 4,000 gold worth of prizes in our event vault before October.
  • ArenaNet have sponsored the event with over 16,000 gems worth of prizes.
  • The raffle is now open! 
  • CMAJ's Band(s) have confirmed a full hour+ of live songs in-game for The Concert.
  • A new "Horrorween Menu" fixture is having a trial this year. 

Let's go a haunting! 🎃