Who’s Hotter Kas or Jory?

Pimsley.3681

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Zhaveh.6801 said:

@Zhaveh.6801 said:So we're just going to pretend like Caithe isn't the finest salad you've ever laid your eyes on?

Sylvari canonically do not have genitals.

That's quite a turn-off for me, personally.

No where in the lore it doesn't say they can't grow them

Nowhere does it say that they can, either. Considering the fact that Sylvari seem just as vunerable to bodily harm as the rest of the races, quite the opposite (no regrowing damaged parts of their bodies or anything that would hint as such wonderous abilities). So yeah.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Zhaveh.6801 said:So we're just going to pretend like Caithe isn't the finest salad you've ever laid your eyes on?

Nowhere does it say that they can, either. Considering the fact that Sylvari seem just as vunerable to bodily harm as the rest of the races, quite the opposite (no regrowing damaged parts of their bodies or anything that would hint as such wonderous abilities). So yeah.

Actually, it turns out sylvari do have genitals ("the relevant external biology is accurate on both") and they may in fact be able to regrow damaged body parts, albeit with scarring ("I think limb regeneration is possible, though in the game we don’t sever limbs.").

@Oglaf.1074 said:

however menders exist inside of the grove. I think they can help with the regrowth of body parts and maybe theres one thats creating genitals.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

Actually, it turns out sylvari do have genitals (
) and they may in fact be able to regrow damaged body parts, albeit with scarring (
).

That is at odds with the information of the LW (or was it the HoT exp pack?) chapter where you play as Caithe's in her memories where the Asura who are vivesecting live Sylvari say that they don't.

@Zhaveh.6801 said:

however
menders
exist inside of the grove. I think they can help with the regrowth of body parts and maybe theres one thats creating genitals.

Or, more likely, they are the Sylvari counterpart to traditional menders and healers of the other races that practice medicine? Sylvari get boo-boos, too.

@"Oglaf.1074" said:

That is at odds with the information of the LW (or was it the HoT exp pack?) chapter where you play as Caithe's in her memories where the Asura who are vivesecting live Sylvari say that they don't.

"As far as I can tell, these creatures have no reproductive organs"? It's been some time, but if memory serves, the devs clarified that that was in reference to the internal structures, i.e. a male sylvari might have something shaped like testicles but nothing inside that's usable for reproductive purposes.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

@"Oglaf.1074" said:

"As far as I can tell, these creatures have no reproductive organs"? It's been some time, but if memory serves, the devs clarified that that was in reference to the internal structures, i.e. a male sylvari might have something shaped like testicles but nothing inside that's usable for reproductive purposes.

The statement is a lot more clearer and certain than that.

I don't remember the exact quote, but I remember being taken aback by it (especially considering the established Dr. Mengele-esque context of how the Asura find these things out at the time).

@Oglaf.1074 said:

The statement is a lot more clearer and certain than that.

I don't remember the exact quote, but I remember being taken aback by it (especially considering the established Dr. Mengele-esque context of how the Asura find these things out at the time).

Feel free to peruse, but I've given it a fairly thorough read over, and I don't think I've missed anything: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meeting_the_Asura

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Actually, it turns out sylvari do have genitals (
) and they may in fact be able to regrow damaged body parts, albeit with scarring (
).

however
menders
exist inside of the grove. I think they can help with the regrowth of body parts and maybe theres one thats creating genitals.

Or, more likely, they are the Sylvari counterpart to traditional menders and healers of the other races that practice medicine? Sylvari get boo-boos, too.

Nah, they are focused on helping them grow genitals so they can experience what it truly means to be alive.

• 3 weeks later...

@"lokh.2695" said:I'd love to downvote this thread....wish this was a thread about which character is more intersting or to which character you have the fondest memories but no, it all boils down to"which gurl is teh hawtestest? #drool" It's all pixels boys/gals, calm down.

You’re bitter. I feel bad for you

• 2 weeks later...

Archived