New Hairstyles: What has happened? Where are Tyria's hairstylists?

Gw2 has one of the most amazing hairstyle selections out of any mmorpg I've ever played but why has it been abandoned? If it's "not in the budget" I ask, why not? You'd be selling lots of "Total makeover kits" with people wanting to try out the new hairstyles every day/week. Just look at FFXIV, people will spend lots of money to change hairstyles.

Personally I'd like to see a lot of Humans' hairstyles on Norn for example; but I would also like to see brand new styles as well.

PS. Sylvari hairstyles are in a very grave situation, most of them on female sylvari don't look that appealing. Specially for a race where you could really get creative

Anyone else would be extremely excited about new hairstyles?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Ghastly.3914 said:

If it's "not in the budget" I ask, why not?

NCsoft are stinges with their wallet and are looking to new horizons (T&L). The lack of budget towards GW2 has been felt of late.

8 hours ago, Ghastly.3914 said:

You'd be selling lots of "Total makeover kits"

I get this has been the formula since day one, but I really do wish we didn't have to spend money in this economy to change how our character looks. At least in FF I can go to the barber and only spend a pittance of in-game currency, not irl money because I cbf to farm the gold to convert to gems (and even then, I'd rather hold onto my gold for other things such as legendaries). -- It's a me thing, ofc. 

I advocate for more customisation. GW2 is still ahead in a lot of MMOs in terms of character customisation, but I think it's realistically very low on their priority list. Who knows, maybe they'll prove me, and my post here wrong, with JW's release and surprise us with more hairstyles at the very least.

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Ghastly.3914 said:

Gw2 has one of the most amazing hairstyle selections out of any mmorpg I've ever played but why has it been abandoned? If it's "not in the budget" I ask, why not? You'd be selling lots of "Total makeover kits" with people wanting to try out the new hairstyles every day/week. Just look at FFXIV, people will spend lots of money to change hairstyles.

Personally I'd like to see a lot of Humans' hairstyles on Norn for example; but I would also like to see brand new styles as well.

PS. Sylvari hairstyles are in a very grave situation, most of them on female sylvari don't look that appealing. Specially for a race where you could really get creative

Anyone else would be extremely excited about new hairstyles?

Me! Anytime! Bring them on! Please, it's been so long... 😢

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kitty.4806 said:

Laid off.

I suppose it is possible.  They may have laid off everyone who has experience making the hairstyles. 

It would be nice if they were simply making a number of hairstyles to release simultaneously.   I just hope they won't all be very short styles with no hair accessories. 

"For our new hair collection we present: The Karen and The Activist hairstyles. "

• Confused 1

The Tyrian Hai Stylists Guild disbanded shortly after the discovery of the  Gyala Delves tunnel. Since the tunnel is a hard hat zone, there is no real demand for new hair styles so there was no point in innovating and without innovation the trade slowly died and since the demons of Nayos also don't have hair SotO didn't really revive the trade either...it's been a rough few years for the figaros of Tyria. But the Kodan will make up for it, so much fur to trimm and comb into all sorts of new and exciting designs...

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

As someone who finally got around to making asura recently, I'd especially love to see more variety for them. Charr could really use some love too, but honestly all the non-human races would benefit from more options. Sylvari have a lot of potential for different unique plant motifs for example, and maybe some additional types of fungi too since there's just the one mushroom style at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1