[Suggestion] Commander Tag

RICOH.6280

I was wondering if it was possible to do two things with the commander tag, which are:

1: Add a chat prefix (like the Mentor tag has) so when you type in chat it adds the prefix: Commander {player_name}1a: Would be nice if you could add the commander colour icon as a prefix too so you can see which colour commander is speaking in chat (handy for the meta in HoT)

• So the chat would look like: Commander {icon} {player_name}
  • {icon} = Com_icons.png

2: Add a clear (transparent) icon in the selection list or an option to turn the tag off when making a squad (as sometimes you just want to make a squad without the commander tag being on)

I'd love this too.

It's really annoying to get into something like Dragon's Stand and have a commander saying "I'm doing north lane" and then I have to hover over the 3+ commander tags on the map to work out which one is them. Although as I'm writing that I'm wondering if everyone has that problem or if it's just me because reading and remembering names, even for the few seconds it takes to check all the tags, is harder than it should be for me. But either way it would be helpful if the tag could show up in chat as well.

And as discussed in previous topics the invisible tags would be great for guild events (especially ones that are NOT guild missions) and other private activities where a group of more than 5 with a dedicated chat channel and/or map markers is useful but random people showing up expecting a meta-event or something is not useful.

@"RICOH.6280" said:I was wondering if it was possible to do two things with the commander tag, which are:

1: Add a chat prefix (like the Mentor tag has) so when you type in chat it adds the prefix: Commander {player_name}1a: Would be nice if you could add the commander colour icon as a prefix too so you can see which colour commander is speaking in chat (handy for the meta in HoT)

• So the chat would look like: Commander {icon} {player_name}
  • {icon} = Com_icons.png

2: Add a clear (transparent) icon in the selection list or an option to turn the tag off when making a squad (as sometimes you just want to make a squad without the commander tag being on)

1: I don't mind but should be abbreviated to "Comm".2: Won't happen as it's been asked for before by WvW players and Anets response was they want everyone to be inclusive. But you're asking for PvE so it might happen, lol.

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:2: Won't happen as it's been asked for before by WvW players and Anets response was they want everyone to be inclusive. But you're asking for PvE so it might happen, lol.(Ignoring the fact that fully functional hidden commanders is still possible because Anet never fixed that "feature" but hush... dont tell them that)

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:2: Won't happen as it's been asked for before by WvW players and Anets response was they want everyone to be inclusive. But you're asking for PvE so it might happen, lol.(Ignoring the fact that fully functional hidden commanders is still possible because Anet never fixed that "feature" but hush... dont tell them that)

Well stop reminding them, lol.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I'd love this too.

It's really annoying to get into something like Dragon's Stand and have a commander saying "I'm doing north lane" and then I have to hover over the 3+ commander tags on the map to work out which one is them. Although as I'm writing that I'm wondering if everyone has that problem or if it's just me because reading and remembering names, even for the few seconds it takes to check all the tags, is harder than it should be for me. But either way it would be helpful if the tag could show up in chat as well.

No, not just you. On one hand I can see their POV as when I call out something in-progress it is likely to have a bunch of numbers in it from trying to fire off actions, but on the other hand it is not exactly helpful. This is something the interface could fix, I just would be careful not to do something that would encourage glory tags. Also you need to avoid the problem of some tag colours matching other chat colours.

Archived