Engi Spear - Bugs & Issues

Melumi.6432

Hey team, congrats on the launch!

Unfortunately, I am still finding some of the same bugs that were occurring pre-launch, and there are additional new ones with skill 2 as well.

2. Conduit Surge -

• No longer works with quickness - the speed boost is gone too (sad) which was arguably the most fun part of the weapon for power users. You could engage fast enough with an EA precast for the increased focused damage, but now it's too slow.
  • The leap finisher is flaky and not working every time as intended. (Tested with Reconstruction Field & Medic Gyro)
  • This skill is noted as 700 range, yet it has less range than Devastator noted at 600, regardless of being used untargeted/targeted.

3. Lightning Rod and EA - is not affected by quickness at all.
5. Devastator -

• Is still not affected by quickness either...
  • Doesn't proc Relic of the Stormsinger.
  • When casting out of range, it doesn't leap you towards the target unlike Conduit Surge, this is really jarring. (Doesn't seem to be respecting maximum skill range?). Discussed below.

Edited by Melumi.6432
Adding stuff
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Melumi.6432 said:

Hey team, congrats on the launch!

Unfortunately, I am still finding some of the same bugs that were occurring pre-launch, and there are additional new ones with skill 2 as well.

2. Conduit Surge -

• No longer works with quickness - the speed boost is gone too (sad) which was arguably the most fun part of the weapon for power users. You could engage fast enough with an EA precast for the increased focused damage, but now it's too slow.
  • The leap finisher is flaky and not working every time as intended. (Tested with Reconstruction Field & Medic Gyro)
  • This skill is noted as 700 range, yet it has less range than Devastator noted at 600, regardless of being used untargeted/targeted.

3. Lightning Rod and EA - is not affected by quickness at all.
5. Devastator -

• Is still not affected by quickness either...
  • Doesn't proc Relic of the Stormsinger.
  • When casting out of range, it doesn't leap you towards the target unlike Conduit Surge, this is really jarring. (Doesn't seem to be respecting maximum skill range?) 

What do you mean by devastator not respecting max skill range? Im pretty sure it leaps 600 range. And what do you mean not leaping to the target? You do realise this skill is ground targeted right? the whole point of it is to not home in on a target
Also no leap in the game afaik is affected by quickness so why should these be 

Posted (edited)

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 Yes, I realize the skill is ground-targeted. My main gripe is that I find it really jarring to have another movement skill of similar range in the kit that operates in a different way, especially during a fight when I’m using the mouse to move the camera.

Conduit surge > Goes towards your target regardless, even out of range.
Devastator > Goes toward the target only if you're in range; if not, it jumps to the cursor location. So, if you're just out of range—for example, at 605—the targeting behaves completely differently. Yes, I know this is normal, but the point is that it's jarring, and sometimes I end up leaping toward the cursor instead of the enemy unintentionally because I'm just out of range.

AFAIK there's no setup in the options that enables this scenario: If you have a target selected, the ground target will lock to the range boundary, in direction of the target. This is what I'd like it to do to behave as expected.

Edited by Melumi.6432

1 hour ago, Melumi.6432 said:

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 Yes, I realize the skill is ground-targeted. My main gripe is that I find it really jarring to have another movement skill of similar range in the kit that operates in a different way, especially during a fight when I’m using the mouse to move the camera.

Conduit surge > Goes towards your target regardless, even out of range.
Devastator > Goes toward the target only if you're in range; if not, it jumps to the cursor location. So, if you're just out of range—for example, at 605—the targeting behaves completely differently. Yes, I know this is normal, but the point is that it's jarring, and sometimes I end up leaping toward the cursor instead of the enemy unintentionally because I'm just out of range.

AFAIK there's no setup in the options that enables this scenario: If you have a target selected, the ground target will lock to the range boundary, in direction of the target. This is what I'd like it to do to behave as expected.

thats bcs u have snap ground target to current target selected in options. for everybody else its consistent

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Elad The Peculiar.9106 said:

Conduit Surge also does not function as a Leap Finisher despite the tooltip stating so. I was really looking forward to this as a replacement for mace and be the condition equivalent for upkeeping quickness with scrapper.

I think it is fixed now, it triggered the leap when I tried it, it's just it misses ALOT and the spear 5 isn't affected by quickness

1 hour ago, Tofu.1865 said:

I think it is fixed now, it triggered the leap when I tried it, it's just it misses ALOT and the spear 5 isn't affected by quickness

After some testing I think I understand now. it seems it only counts as a finisher inside combat. That's disappointing. The tooltip should probably mention that.

On 8/23/2024 at 11:59 AM, Elad The Peculiar.9106 said:

After some testing I think I understand now. it seems it only counts as a finisher inside combat. That's disappointing. The tooltip should probably mention that.

The finisher is on the end of the skill when it applies the focus effect, so it has to hit the target in order for the finisher to go off to give quickness.

Which right now 9 times out of 10 it isn't hitting a target. 

Been trying condi quick scrapper and even in boon duration gear I can't keep the boon up in strikes due to skill 2 not fully finishing its finisher.