Can Disrupting Throw just be a normal skill without using the Line to aim?

Yerlock.4678

In competitive modes when timing is critical this skill really is tedious to aim, can it just be shot normally without using the line thing to aim?

Or at least let snap to target work for it because this game gave up on skill aiming a long time ago. Why suddenly bring it in here with one skill??

Other than that, great improvements to this weapon! Great job

Edited by Yerlock.4678
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

It needs to be aimed since it immobs and moves extremely fast. Otherwise F1 would be guaranteed.

It is little annoying but I like having extremely fast moving immob followed by massive burst. It wouldn't be balanced without having to aim/predict.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2

I have everything I can for the game they have more consideration for handicap people and some of the skilled characters I can’t play because of that reason there’s only two there’s only two characters I can play. Ranger Warrior with his line attack with the spear is hard for me with the great sword skill, number three that has is why I don’t PVP or world versus world very much because I feel like I’m an easy pray

Edited by RDBuck.6098

3 minutes ago, RDBuck.6098 said:

I have everything I can for the game they have more consideration for handicap people and some of the skilled characters I can’t play because of that reason there’s only two there’s only two characters I can play. Ranger Warrior with his line attack with the spear is hard for me with the great sword skill, number three

Have you used the snap to target options in the settings?

You still have to aim with skill 2 and 3 so I think I’m done playing warrior with Spear until they take that aiming part off. It’s hard for me to play war with beer and I was really looking forward to it. I do have a hard time with Ranger with skill 4 and 5 with the net but not as bad with the warrior the Aiming  thing I can’t do like I said, I was a little really looking forward with the spear warrior because it reminds me of the paragon warrior in guild wars 1 I’m a little bummed. Oh well.

11 minutes ago, RDBuck.6098 said:

You still have to aim with skill 2 and 3 so I think I’m done playing warrior with Spear until they take that aiming part off. It’s hard for me to play war with beer and I was really looking forward to it. I do have a hard time with Ranger with skill 4 and 5 with the net but not as bad with the warrior the Aiming  thing I can’t do like I said, I was a little really looking forward with the spear warrior because it reminds me of the paragon warrior in guild wars 1 I’m a little bummed. Oh well.

Snap to Target will put the ground targeted skills at the enemy's feet for you, no aiming required.

Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2024 at 2:21 AM, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Its perfectly serviceable as it is, a skillshot should require skill. 

Yeah but the hitbox isn't that great considering how crazy fast the flow of combat is in pvp. If the line was only a smidge more forgiving I wouldn't have this complaint.

Also we have snap to target in this game, so "skill aiming" is pretty much not a thing. And when it is, like it is here, it's a nuisance. I think it's lame having a game basically admitting that skill aiming doesn't matter then caring all the sudden. Breaks their precedent. Let's not pretend you have to aim things in this game at all because for literally almost every damaging skill that's not the case. This ain't CS2.

Edited by Yerlock.4678

On 8/22/2024 at 1:41 PM, Riba.3271 said:

It needs to be aimed since it immobs and moves extremely fast. Otherwise F1 would be guaranteed.

It is little annoying but I like having extremely fast moving immob followed by massive burst. It wouldn't be balanced without having to aim/predict.

Snap to target makes the f1 already guaranteed unless they dodge.

Will I been try to use that ground targeting feature did you guys talking about is still want you to aim it and guy that has handicap hands It’s very difficult at times I love playing the warrior, but I will not play the spear nor I do not use great sword skill three

Weird that the line AoE that is ground targeted does not snap to target with the option selected in the settings.

BUT! I did find one interaction that might help you a lot! If your mouse is over the skill bar or health bubble and you click your skill key bind, then it will default in the direction directly ahead of your character, this is regardless of which direction you are moving, it will go directly down the center of your screen.

Hope that helps you some.

On one hand i totally get OP's issue, it is kind of a pain to have to manually aim it.

On the other hand, it's way easier to line up a sick pierce with the line target because you don't need to retarget to an enemy in the back and hope they don't move in a weird way.