Buying locked skin from the TP without the expansion

Hello, i want to buy this skin since is in promotion on the TP, but i do not have the EoD expansion yet, can i buy it anyway and store it on my bank or i'm forced to buy the expansion to be able to buy it? I want to know before i trade my gold for gems.

I will buy the expansion more later this year along with SotO. Thank you.

Edited by Miporin.3529

• Miporin.3529 changed the title to Buying locked skin from the TP without the expansion
1 hour ago, Chyro.1462 said:

You can buy and unlock skins for mounts that you can't have yet. The skin still gets unlocked for your account. You just can't use it until you can summon the mount the skin applies to.

But is linked to expansion (end of dragons) not to the mount, is ok anyway?

Try it in the gemstore if you're unsure. Like click on the buy option for the mount skin. If it lets you do that and just tells you to buy gems cause you don't have enough, you should definitely be able to buy it.

People can get skins of expansions out of black lion chests. My friend got a jade bot skin out of it. They couldn't do that if unlocking skins required you to have the expansion.

• Like 1

I am surprised that you can buy it without the expansion because you for example can not buy glider skins if you do not own HoT. It has lock icon and says you can not purchase it unless you buy HoT expansion. If turtle skin does not say that then you can buy it and it should unlock it for your account.

Edit: After checking my core account, I can only buy raptor skins, rest is tied to expansions. But with turtle skin it says I have to buy EoD. If I click on it says I have to buy the expansion to be able to buy the skin.

Edited by Cernoch.8524
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Try it in the gemstore if you're unsure. Like click on the buy option for the mount skin. If it lets you do that and just tells you to buy gems cause you don't have enough, you should definitely be able to buy it.

People can get skins of expansions out of black lion chests. My friend got a jade bot skin out of it. They couldn't do that if unlocking skins required you to have the expansion.

11 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

I am surprised that you can buy it without the expansion because you for example can not buy glider skins if you do not own HoT. It has lock icon and says you can not purchase it unless you buy HoT expansion. If turtle skin does not say that then you can buy it and it should unlock it for your account.

Edit: After checking my core account, I can only buy raptor skins, rest is tied to expansions. But with turtle skin it says I have to buy EoD. If I click on it says I have to buy the expansion to be able to buy the skin.

Hi, i tried but i can't buy it, i need the expansion unfortunately. Sad, want to buy now because was in promotion and buy expansion later. =_=

https://i.imgur.com/udMgK2A.jpeg

Edited by Miporin.3529

Sorry for being wrong about it in my first post. Was quite certain cause of the expac-related skins in previous black lion chests since anyone is able to open those chests. But guess that same logic doesn't take over to buying stuff in gemstore.

Ah - just looked at the message you got from the gemstore. So it's not that you need EoD specifically, but that a free trial account can't buy a mount skin (or maybe generally stuff from gemstore). Doesn't change much unless getting the HoT+PoF combo would be affordable enough without sale.

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Sorry for being wrong about it in my first post. Was quite certain cause of the expac-related skins in previous black lion chests since anyone is able to open those chests. But guess that same logic doesn't take over to buying stuff in gemstore.

Ah - just looked at the message you got from the gemstore. So it's not that you need EoD specifically, but that a free trial account can't buy a mount skin (or maybe generally stuff from gemstore). Doesn't change much unless getting the HoT+PoF combo would be affordable enough without sale.

I'm not a free account, i'm a 2012 player since launch, bought the base game back then,  two years  ago i also bought HOT + POF,  so i'm a full p2p user not a free user.

Anyway seems i can't buy stuff from the expansions i do not own. This mount skin is for a EOD mount.

Edited by Miporin.3529