Stealth is broken mechanic. Change my mind.

Hop on a stealth heavy (or even just having) spec, get absolutely destroyed by regular roamers and duelists (cause you have no idea how to play the build) and there you have it, your mind is changed. It wasnt stealth kicking your kitten all along.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Every single competitive pvp game out there places massive limitations on stealth because stealth drives players away from your game.

There is no counter to stealth. There are counters to players who use stealth. But there is no counter to stealth. Anyone saying otherwise is A) a liar B) has an extremely poor grasp of pvp and skilled combat.

The best way to describe this game is Spam Wars 2. Too many abilities on people's ability bars allowing for braindead spam which also includes stealth. Do I think stealth is OP? No. Do I think the people who run stealth builds are annoying  sweats who are afraid of pvp hence the stealth and escape options they take at the first opportunity 9/10 times? Yes.

Spam Wars 2 combat design and stealth drives people away from WvW. Nobody will change my mind because they are wrong. They are playing game modes on life support. They cannot claim pvp in this game is in a healthy state but they don't want to admit the builds they play are toxic, destroy the new player experience and annoy other experienced players and contribute to the poor state of pvp in this game. I'm not afraid of coming across a thief. The experience is like working in a customer facing job and coming across a Karen. Thieves are the Karens of GW2.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/6/2024 at 3:10 PM, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Not really, every dd is abusing stealth aswell, you only see them for a fraction of second since all they do now is 5+2 (hitting you with 2) and repeat again  when stealth runs out. They don't even backstab now, it's the just cheese kitten.

Of course they need to backstab... Heartseeker does almost nothing over 50% hp and they have no other damage on their kit unless swapping to sword. 

If you know roughly where they are in stealth you can make it extremely difficult for them to backstab too. At worst it's a 50% coinflip to be backstabbed. 

Maybe the difficulty depends whether you fight one as ranged or melee, and how glassy you are.  Melee puts damage on them just fine even without seeing them (DD, not DE). One of the easiest 1v1 specs to fight and very predictable patterns even when you can't see them. Particularly if you've saved some mobility skills after they burn shadowstep. Then they are in big trouble. 

So it's hard to call it 'abusing' when they have been balanced around the mechanic and would be way too weak without it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, Leger.3724 said:

Every single competitive pvp game out there places massive limitations on stealth because stealth drives players away from your game.

There is no counter to stealth. There are counters to players who use stealth. But there is no counter to stealth. Anyone saying otherwise is A) a liar B) has an extremely poor grasp of pvp and skilled combat.

The best way to describe this game is Spam Wars 2. Too many abilities on people's ability bars allowing for braindead spam which also includes stealth. Do I think stealth is OP? No. Do I think the people who run stealth builds are annoying  sweats who are afraid of pvp hence the stealth and escape options they take at the first opportunity 9/10 times? Yes.

Spam Wars 2 combat design and stealth drives people away from WvW. Nobody will change my mind because they are wrong. They are playing game modes on life support. They cannot claim pvp in this game is in a healthy state but they don't want to admit the builds they play are toxic, destroy the new player experience and annoy other experienced players and contribute to the poor state of pvp in this game. I'm not afraid of coming across a thief. The experience is like working in a customer facing job and coming across a Karen. Thieves are the Karens of GW2.

There are counters you can place in your inventory at no cost to your build slots.

I agree, stealth builds are annoying.

There's a limit on everyone's bar so there aren't too many abilities. That's an issue of build choices matching up. 

If you ran into my thief, you probably wouldn't know I'm a thief until you looked at my icon. You would think I'm support or a healer because I have templates for both that I run most of the time. The only time I'm not in the middle of zergs and blobs is when I'm wandering around looking for one. Save that Karen noise, especially when you're the one complaining to the managers about an issue that's not all that. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2024 at 11:02 AM, coro.3176 said:

The dodge food doesn't get mentioned enough. Dodge food + energy sigil turn some merely annoying builds into almost literally untouchable builds. If they had their PvP values, or just didn't work in WvW, you'd probably get a lot less complaining about "stealth".

Again, more things people complained about which either fell on deaf ears or was propped up by others insisting it was fine because it covered up symptoms to problems.

The mirage community insisted it was fine.

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2024 at 2:19 AM, ninao.1208 said:

Stealth is broken mechanic. Change my mind.

i agree.  I always hate Stealth.. also abused it myself since a few Days on my Mesmer in combination with "Relic of the Unseen Invasion" and it is just super broken. 

I dont know if this is the Mechanic of Stealth or just a Stealthbug, but im also completly immune to any Damage, Stuns, Pulls etc..  so if some cast for example Warrior Staff 4 pull on me, i just press my Invis button and baam.. immune to it lol.

Mesmer, Thief, Ranger Stealth are for real out of Control.  And other Classes need atleast 1 or 2 Reveal Abilities to ballance this kitten... ooh i forgot, if you have a reveal, use it on a deadeye, he is just spamming his shitton of Teleports to get across the Map and come back when he isnt revealed anymore lmao 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vyseman.2947 said:

i agree.  I always hate Stealth.. also abused it myself since a few Days on my Mesmer in combination with "Relic of the Unseen Invasion" and it is just super broken. 

I dont know if this is the Mechanic of Stealth or just a Stealthbug, but im also completly immune to any Damage, Stuns, Pulls etc..  so if some cast for example Warrior Staff 4 pull on me, i just press my Invis button and baam.. immune to it lol.

Mesmer, Thief, Ranger Stealth are for real out of Control.  And other Classes need atleast 1 or 2 Reveal Abilities to ballance this kitten... ooh i forgot, if you have a reveal, use it on a deadeye, he is just spamming his shitton of Teleports to get across the Map and come back when he isnt revealed anymore lmao 

You're not confusing stealth with the stunbreak some of the hide in shadow skills have on mesmer?

Guys still cry about stealth......... in the meantime

Guardian since rls the big Baby of Anet. Never got any Nerfs always the juice. Best zerg class, one of the best roaming class. top tier Support, heavy armor and mobile as a thief. But sure ye stealth so OP mimimimi.

Edited by senftube.6081
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, senftube.6081 said:

Guardian since rls the big Baby of Anet. Never got any Nerfs always the juice. Best zerg class, one of the best roaming class. top tier Support, heavy armor and mobile as a thief. But sure ye stealth so OP mimimimi.

I mean, we can just delete teef and stealth as a whole from the game and also nerf willybender on top of that, what's your point here? 
You're just classic example of "My BrOkEn Is BrOkEn BuT lOoK aT tHiS bRoKeN!1!1"

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I mean, we can just delete teef and stealth as a whole from the game and also nerf willybender on top of that, what's your point here? 
You're just classic example of "My BrOkEn Is BrOkEn BuT lOoK aT tHiS bRoKeN!1!1"

If a whole class got deleted because some players refuse to learn to play the game, people like you would just move on to the next class to cry about. There's no solution to your kind of problem. You might just need to quit and find a game that's simple enough to not make you so upset.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Ah the TrollDemigod tryhards to be serious. Bro as i said it again -> Git gut at the game. There are several Builds on different classes which do hardcounter stealth spam (Holo, DH, Ranger Sick Em etc heck there are even stuff to buy at the vendor which completely deletes Thief which class does have that?)  Stealth maybe annyoing but far from beeing OP. Guardian exels in every Mode and in WvW in all Parts or when did you saw once a thief commander?

The QQ about stealth is so cringe af when we do have stuff like shown in this video where 1 Willy can insta down 5 peoples in 1-2 seconds. Lmao

Edited by senftube.6081
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

If a whole class got deleted because some players refuse to learn to play the game, people like you would just move on to the next class to cry about. There's no solution to your kind of problem. You might just need to quit and find a game that's simple enough to not make you so upset.

This

i always struggled on willys and teefs but by now, not so much anymore. Just a l2p issue mostly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

[Removed embed]

Why'd you post this in a "stealth is kitten and terribly balanced in this game" thread?

Edited by Sonork.2916
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

You haven't seen thief commanders? This is outside the overall conversation. 

In a Zerg? No. Maybe the last time 9 years ago or so. In the last 4 years i never saw a single thief commander outside of Guilds like SA, Enja, Hunt etc.

27 minutes ago, Sonork.2916 said:

Why'd you post this in a "stealth is kitten and terribly balanced in this game" thread?

Why not? Peoples QQ since 2012 about stealth because to bad because they can only copypaste Builds and do not build for it. The whole game has "Broken" stuff like Cele abuse, Willys which can insta kill a whole grp of peoples in seconds rtc  and Guardian class is massivly overrepresented in the game where the thief class is not and yet still there are peoples who wants to "delete" the class because to bad at the game.

Edited by senftube.6081
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, senftube.6081 said:

No only to break up the big bias here.

Uh it is whataboutism. 

You literally came in here and flailed your hands in the air and posted that video and screamed "GUYS! GUYS! BUT LOOK AT DIS! OMG WB GUYS!"  lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

Aww, must be very fun experience to learn how to play against DE that pewpew from 1.5k range 24/7 or against other D/P teef that blinds you for eternity or any other iteration of teef. Yep, very fun for exactly 1 person, teef. The only ones that refuse to learn to play the game are teefs that can only abuse broken stuff, saw a lot of them switching to willybender I wonder why is that~ Unlike you I'm aware that there are other things that need balancing beside teef bs, oh wait, you call it "crying". Now go back to ganking as you usually do with your teef.

2 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

Ah the TrollDemigod tryhards to be serious. Bro as i said it again -> Git gut at the game. There are several Builds on different classes which do hardcounter stealth spam (Holo, DH, Ranger Sick Em etc heck there are even stuff to buy at the vendor which completely deletes Thief which class does have that?)  Stealth maybe annyoing but far from beeing OP. Guardian exels in every Mode and in WvW in all Parts or when did you saw once a thief commander?

The QQ about stealth is so cringe af when we do have stuff like shown in this video where 1 Willy can insta down 5 peoples in 1-2 seconds. Lmao

So... I have to play x y or z class to have a chance against busted mechanic instead of fixing it? Or use unreliable paint/trap that costs supplies so teef can just do the same kitten without stealth. That kind of thing may work on newbies, anyone on average level will just laugh at you while porting 3751618756187651 units away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

But still whataboutism.

It is not whataboutism when you show that the whole delete stealth and delete thief discussion is a dumb when there are other classes exel at the same lvl or even better you troll. Go back to twitter with your whataboutism.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Sonork.2916 said:

Uh it is whataboutism. 

You literally came in here and flailed your hands in the air and posted that video and screamed "GUYS! GUYS! BUT LOOK AT DIS! OMG WB GUYS!"  lol

There are people who are still capable of seeing the bigger picture and maintaining a balance, rather than fixating on a few points, because here in the forum, many are chronically afflicted with confirmation bias.

Everyone wants to join the discussion, but some haven't even spent a minute playing the mentioned class. Demands like "delete class XY" are just pointless whining without substance and therefore not productive. In such cases, I might suggest that these people should consider deleting themselves instead, as it would benefit both us and them.

We can start once a Thread where we ask to delete your main class what will your argument be? 

• Confused 1