Can We Actually Get Rifle QoL Improvements Instead of just better PvE numbers?

Yerlock.4678

• 2 weeks later...

Rifle changes for PvE that are coming on Oct 8th patch are like fodder to make warrior patch notes longer. Pretty pathetic but oh well, it's not like this is the first time and hey, at least no more nerfs, right? 🙃

I wonder if they will even fix bug with Heat and Soul where Wild Throw and Flaming Flurry don't grant Quickness after using it again with Blood Reckoning heal that resets primal burst cooldown...

On 9/13/2024 at 11:31 PM, Yerlock.4678 said:

Y’all did it with spear so you can definitely do it with rifle.

I am afraid rifle won't sell more JW copies, so let's be realistic. Asking for rifle buffs is even more futile than elementalists asking for staff buffs in PvE.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As usual Anet doesn't understand that it's not that Rifle doesn't do enough damage, it's that the damage has trouble connecting.

Many of Rifle skills have great tooltip damage, it's just all the jank that prevents half of these to be usable in real combat settings. Like maybe Rifle 3 realistically lands and Rifle 2 4 and 5 are just... there. And the sheer COMEDY of them to design Spear Primal burst as something Rifle needed long ago. 

It'll take literal years before Rifle gets the Reaper treatment and finally given logical changes to make the damage actually land. Until then, joke weapon. 

Edited by Jobber.6348

I did give it a shot while playing around with a Berserker condi build for Open World last night instead of Longbow, but ended up running back to Longbow with my tail between my legs.
I find that a good, generalist Open World build benefits from having both melee and ranged options available, but Rifle simply can't fill that role at the moment.
It's too slow to build Adrenaline, and it doesn't combo with any other weapon.

Longbow isn't perfect, but it's the best ranged option Warriors have.

As an aside, I also confirmed my suspicions that if Warrior wants to achieve decent damage, they have to go all-in on either power or condi, then really work to get those figures, all the while perfectly dodging all incoming sources of damage (or rely on the dubious abilities of other players in the Open World to keep them alive). They have to sacrifice survivability, and the inherent survivability they get from their baseline health and toughness isn't enough to cut it in the modern game.
Cele gives great survivability, because it gives you health, toughness and concentration (and because of the stoopid Boon-based balancing hell we're in, Concentration is positively required these days), and it's not too shabby for damage, but it doesn't achieve anywhere near the same results as other professions using Cele (I'm looking at you Harbinger.)
And hammer apears to get hit hard by power scaling, with damage done while wearing Cele being less than half the damage per hit as when wearing a mix of Berserker's and Assassin.

Ugh, I love this profession, but it's such a mess at the moment.