Proposed Celestial fix: Armor mods! Best of bother worlds?

Vad.2958

I know this is an unpopular opinion from a casual WvW player who isn't even in a Guild (solo4life), but I for one am disappointed by the Celestial changes to WvW. Also, the Necro skill/ trait uniqueness being changed, I'm a big fan of classes being unique, but that's not the point of this post.

How do we fix Celestial? Armor mods is my idea. Keep the Celestial nerfs as they are in WvW, but while running with a group of 5 or more within 600 range or so, then you'd get the other stats back (pre-nerf). Roamers wouldn't really want to run Celestial, I think, and squads can still get their stats if they're stacked properly. I also think with something like this in place you could get skills like Extirpate and Winds of Disenchantment back to what they were before nerfs. Boonball counter and Boonball in one!

Thoughts? There'd need to be tweaks. I think that maybe you can similarly do other stats if needed.

EDIT: Also wanted to mention that I think it's going to become a problem if we have different stats and skill numbers/changes per gamemode. I think something like this could help.

Edited by Vad.2958
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

55 minutes ago, Vad.2958 said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion…

I completely agree. Equity in all armor! No one armor should carry the title of “best bother”!

Anet? Please make all armor a “bother” equally so we can join together in a chorus of keening harmonizing whinge about the systemic unfairness of nitch game modes and life. 

Edited by Tovera.4039
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

Yes, perma time would be nice

How about an aura arround a commander with a squad of at least 6 players, that grants extra stats to everyone in that squad? And the more players inside that squad and the closer to the commander, the bigger the bonus? Sounds about right ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Cele  was just returned to its original state-- decent filler on gear you have no need to put other stats on.  And people used it before the buffs to begin with.

The real truth is most of Cele nerfs will be felt at the large scale level which is where the nerfs were intended (when does Anet ever balance small scale lmao), with the exception of a few annoying builds that probably should have never existed in the first place.

You're still going to be tanky and have free healing power. You lose boon duration (can make up elsewhere), and you lose expertise which means only one of two things: Your soft CC is less effective so you have tighter timings, and the other is you can't as easily farm bozos without condi clear. Not exactly a huge loss.

In reality, what it means that you still aren't going to lose fights easily. However, you are going to have to work harder (or in some builds, work at all) for your damage) That can be compensated for by actually learning to play your class and having uptime which cele did mask if you didn't.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't care about small scale and just run cele in most cases. Sometimes I just switch so I can ignore roamers and run to the zerg. (You can still do this because you're still tanky) I don't even know what my opponent is most of the time, and when I pluck a new build for an unfamiliar class, I don't need to know what my skills really are. That's going to change.  And yes, that way of playing needed to be change anyways, as being complacent has really led to some really bad habits.

Or just run minstrels if you're that afraid of dying. If you play in a  zerg, there are plenty of support builds that are basically the same thing except you don't do damage, and most players don't do damage to begin with, regardless of gear. I honestly don't understand why you would complain at the zerg level. Maybe when Minstrels was expensive, but that's not the case anymore. One could argue minstrels is and was the superior choice for the casual player in zergs.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3