Homestead - why is there always someone sitting on my raptor

https://imgur.com/a/CVq949N

Right now, your medium armor alt will sit on the raptor, which means they can't be told to move. If you remove the medium armor character from the Homestead, a random bear will sit on the raptor. The bear will still be there even if you mount your raptor, and the bear will still be named "Stabled Raptor." Changes need to be made:

1. Medium armor characters should NOT be sitting on mounts. It breaks the "follow me" functionality, and looks funky because their look doesn't match the mount they are sitting on.

2. The random bear should NOT be sitting on a mount. That's my mount. It's not the bear's mount. Get off of my mount.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

I just posted about that bear yesterday! I was like, what is this bear doing on MY raptor???? 😄 

I haven't parked any of my alts yet so I didn't know a character will sit on them. Is it a class-specific thing? You said "medium armor". 

Definitely needs to be changed, I agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Spiral.3724 said:

I just posted about that bear yesterday! I was like, what is this bear doing on MY raptor???? 😄 

I haven't parked any of my alts yet so I didn't know a character will sit on them. Is it a class-specific thing? You said "medium armor". 

Definitely needs to be changed, I agree.

Oh, I didn't see your topic, I should have just posted there.

So, your alts that you park inside your Homestead spawn at specific places. For example, light armor characters spawn up the stair by the cliffs. Medium armor characters might be bugged, though, because it only spawns the last medium armor character that you logged out of in your Homestead, spawns it on the raptor, and then doesn't spawn any other medium armor characters.

I honestly assumed Stabled Raptor was the name of the Kodan and he was just a caretaker for the mounts 🥹

I realize how absurd that is now and accept that he's just a bug or something, but I'm going to keep head canoning that he is just a conveniently named Kodan. 

Edited by Squee.7829
  • Haha 4

I moved all my alts to the homestead yesterday, and they didn’t all load right away. 
I left the first one there after finishing that part of the story and could conjure the door, when I brought the 2nd in, the 1st wasn’t there at all, both medium weight class. But by the time I brought the 3rd in, the 1st one had appeared by the tree across the river (on the way to the exit portals). 
So after bringing in 9 mid, 8 heavy, and 8 light, I have just 1 medium weight class character that will always be on the raptor, but it seems to change with the last one logged in 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Meridian.4983 said:

So after bringing in 9 mid, 8 heavy, and 8 light, I have just 1 medium weight class character that will always be on the raptor, but it seems to change with the last one logged in 

Check the other side of the river near the portal exits. This is the medium weight spot.

• Like 1

yeah, medium armor is behind the house. took me a while to find them too lol

I actually thought it was cute that an alt sits on your raptor, I was hoping all my medium armor alts would be on random mounts, but I can see some might not like it. A toggle, maybe?

• Like 1

Hah. I was coming to the forum to complain about this very thing. Like, what the heck? That's not yours, bear. Get off my raptor.
It's a very environment breaking thing, in my opinion. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for a random bear to just be hanging out riding on my raptor.

Also, it seems like they changed the 'medium alt on the raptor' thing. So now it's just the bear, no matter that I have a few medium weight alts in my homestead now.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

it took my toons a while to show up to other toons in my homestead, too, and also took me some time to find the hangout spots. But they are there to me now.

4 hours ago, RyasmaRaven.6018 said:

I actually thought it was cute that an alt sits on your raptor, I was hoping all my medium armor alts would be on random mounts, but I can see some might not like it. A toggle, maybe?

I thought it was cute until I tried to make my alts follow my character. I'd vote for a toggle. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Poor thing works hard all day and when he gets to the stable he's gotta 'rest' with someone on his back??  and I noticed, if I have a leather class alt parked in the homestead, that is who is mounted on him and if I don't have a leather class parked there its some random Kodan.  Please let my raptor enjoy his off time in the stable!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Natta.8905 said:

I also wish the Desert Fox were added here too, from the Sun's Refuge Instance. This way it will not be alone. 😞

Yeah apparently the turtle from the achievement is missing too. Both this and the Kodan on a rpator have mentioned a fair amount in various homesteads threads so there might well be changes.

• Like 1

Yes the Turtle Hatchling too. A funny thought is: What if we had all our mount skins in the stable, that would require a big stable. Also what if we had all our Miniatures in Homestead, then they would need a big space too. 🙂

I do like the mounts in the stable and all the cats (from the achievement called Hungry Cat Scavenger Hunt etc. Thank you Anet for adding it in the game.

I found Simon in Homestead. Direction: Go trough main door ( near waypoint) -> Big room with stair to your right -> Go straight/forward until you see a door to your right -> Open door(if closed) -> inside room you see Simon to your right.

• Thanks 1

Most saddled raptors in the crystal desert have someone riding on them, which may be why we have one riding on ours in the homestead.  It could have something to do with its idle animations as well.  As for whoever sits on the raptor, it's either a random kodan or the last medium armor character (or the one before) that has been logged out at the homestead.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 10:40 PM, Foxypuff.2596 said:

As for whoever sits on the raptor, it's either a random kodan or the last medium armor character (or the one before) that has been logged out at the homestead.

Yes I've noticed that too. Though I've noticed it sometimes includes my necro if I've played her recently.