pChrono: dagger vs MH sword

Kulvar.1239

7 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

It is %10 worse. I’m not bencher too, I got the info from Tipcat (Snowcrows). 

Normally sw should be stronger than dagger.  Because of the melee disadvantage. I have good belief about Balance Team to rework MH sword. 

It would make sense for a melee weapon to do better on benchmark than a range weapon, unless Blur from Blurred Frenzy is considered too much of an advantage.

And I hope it come true as I quite like the animations of MH sword on mesmer and the flexibility for the offhand (focus for the pull, oh sword for the block).

1 hour ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

It would make sense for a melee weapon to do better on benchmark than a range weapon, unless Blur from Blurred Frenzy is considered too much of an advantage.

And I hope it come true as I quite like the animations of MH sword on mesmer and the flexibility for the offhand (focus for the pull, oh sword for the block).

Seeing how spear is a direct upgrade to greatsword for virtuoso i don't think they care about it anymore.

• Sad 1

On 9/21/2024 at 2:47 PM, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Normally sw should be stronger than dagger.  Because of the melee disadvantage. I have good belief about Balance Team to rework MH sword. 

Dagger is balanced around being a DPS only weapon, with no utility or survivability. Sword isn't a DPS main-hand, it has mobility on #3 and a low CD evade on #2. So even though dagger is ranged, it makes sense considering those balancing points that sword should do less damage overall. 

For a melee DPS weapon that outdamages dagger, spear just got released and does exactly that. It offers MUCH higher burst than dagger, and similar dps.

You could argue that spear also has evade (on #3) and mobility (on #4 and #5) but sword additionally has the luxury of using anything on offhand, for even more survivability. 

Put simply, sword is balanced around being a PvP weapon, it just happened until dagger and spear that we had no good DPS mainhand, now we do, so I doubt they'd buff sword DPS.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Jeyzer.1605 said:

Dagger is balanced around being a DPS only weapon, with no utility or survivability. Sword isn't a DPS main-hand, it has mobility on #3 and a low CD evade on #2. So even though dagger is ranged, it makes sense considering those balancing points that sword should do less damage overall. 

For a melee DPS weapon that outdamages dagger, spear just got released and does exactly that. It offers MUCH higher burst than dagger, and similar dps.

You could argue that spear also has evade (on #3) and mobility (on #4 and #5) but sword additionally has the luxury of using anything on offhand, for even more survivability. 

Put simply, sword is balanced around being a PvP weapon, it just happened until dagger and spear that we had no good DPS mainhand, now we do, so I doubt they'd buff sword DPS.

Yeah I would argue. In your point of view, GS should have higher DPS output than spear. 

On the other hand, sword is not PvP weapon except mirage. Sword ranges are too low, you cant even hit the opponent even if he is very close. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Jeyzer.1605 said:

Dagger is a 1200 range one hand weapon, of course it will have no utility or survivability. You don't need it when you're far away and able to equip a defensive weapon on your off-hand.

Sword have you going in melee, with a fragile caster class that rely on active mitigation to survive, so of course it add some survivability with baked in active mitigation.