Gem store outfits ?

OK so my account dates back to a month after the game launched. I just came back after a long time. I started fresh with one character and deleted the others. Have all the expansions too. But I remember or am I wrong gem store outfits not having a light medium or heavy designation attached to them Or was it always like that? It seems strange for outfits to have this. One of my favorite outfits is the Magitech outfit but I don't remember being just for medium-class wearers.

11 minutes ago, Kastagir.2146 said:

I started fresh with one character and deleted the others.

And there goes your birthday gifts, the next one (13th) is probably gonna be a disappointment, but the 15th might be good.

14 minutes ago, Kastagir.2146 said:

One of my favorite outfits is the Magitech outfit but I don't remember being just for medium-class wearers.

If you mean this...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magitech_armor

That's not an outfit, it's an armor skin, you can tell because it comes in separate pieces.

Outfits are in a different part of your UI and you cannot use them in pieces beyond toggle the helmet on and off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kastagir.2146 said:

I thought birthdays were based on the age of the account, not the characters.

On your account's birthday, you receive an account-wide present.  A separate set of gifts goes to each character on its birthday.   So you gave up a lot of dyes and teleports and other stuff from those characters.  Oh and who can forget - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Queen_Jennah 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kastagir.2146 said:

OK so my account dates back to a month after the game launched. I just came back after a long time. I started fresh with one character and deleted the others. Have all the expansions too. But I remember or am I wrong gem store outfits not having a light medium or heavy designation attached to them Or was it always like that? It seems strange for outfits to have this. One of my favorite outfits is the Magitech outfit but I don't remember being just for medium-class wearers.

There are two kinds of clothing in this game, and in the gem store: armour skins and outfits.

Outfits are one-piece sets, you can't mix and match them or customise them beyond dyes and hiding the head piece, but they're all available to all your characters and you can switch between them for free at any time.

Armour skins are individual pieces so you can mix and match them, and can dye each one individually but they're applied to armour pieces and so have the same weight restrictions - medium armour skins can only be put onto medium armour and only worn by rangers, thieves and engineers. They also cost transmutation charges to apply after the first time, but you can get those for free from the Wizard's Vault, map completion and a few other places.

6 hours ago, Kiof.5710 said:

On your account's birthday, you receive an account-wide present.  A separate set of gifts goes to each character on its birthday.   So you gave up a lot of dyes and teleports and other stuff from those characters.  Oh and who can forget - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Queen_Jennah 🙂

The account gift is also tied to characters ages. It comes from an achievement so you'll only get it once, but it's when the oldest character on your account reaches that birthday, so if you delete your oldest character you delay getting both gifts.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The account gift is also tied to characters ages. It comes from an achievement so you'll only get it once, but it's when the oldest character on your account reaches that birthday, so if you delete your oldest character you delay getting both gifts.

Oh, I did not know that, thank you.

To be honest I can't even remember the gifts I got in the past. It really wasn't anything I cared about. I do know I have more miniatures than I use. Sometimes I forget I have them. The whole birthday thing wasn't important to me. Deleting my old characters is proof I didn't put much thought into it.

47 minutes ago, Kastagir.2146 said:

To be honest I can't even remember the gifts I got in the past

Each character rolled around launch time will have received 22 Birthday boosters, 6 Experience Scrolls (boosting to level 20 x2,30,40,50,60), 50 Teleport to Friends, 6 exclusive dye packs, 14 Black Lion Statuettes, 1 mini, 5 bags of spirit shards, 9 birthday cards (karma), 3 Proof of legends. That's on top of the one off anniversary achievement boxes and titles.

38 minutes ago, Kastagir.2146 said:

he whole birthday thing wasn't important to me. Deleting my old characters is proof I didn't put much thought into it.

It's more because you get various things from Birthday Gifts:

• Dye Packs for exclusive or high-value dyes
  • Teleport to Friend
  • Black Lion Statuettes (trade for Outfits, Armour Skins, etc. that are normally from the Gemstore)
  • Anniversary skins that you can only get through Birthday Gifts
    • Backpacks (4 Years or older)
    • Luminous (5 Years or older)
    • Dragon Decade (10 Years or older)
  • Exclusive Enrichment & Amulet