Seeing Thieves Hacking into T3 Keeps/Towers is disappointing.

Hirasaki.6208

Can ANET Please do something about thieves being able to hack inside keeps/towers.   All they need is 1 Thief, 1 Mesmer, and 3 friends and they can 1) Thief hacks into tower/keep 2) Thief jumps down and tele's the mesmer 3) Mesmer ports the rest 4) Kill the Lord in less than 1 minute  5)  Defenders stunned to see a T3 Garri/Keep gone without notice.

ANET needs to remove Thief's ability to port ppl in WvW or just rework that ability.   Even without hacking, all a group needs to do is break into outer and inner, hide the thief, and wait for the defenders to leave, then thief ports mesmer, mesmer ports the rest, and Poof, easy T3 keep/garri.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

Best we can do is continue to make these posts. Fill the forums with them. Make it the topic of conversation.

Never before have these exploits into objectives been more well known and more exploited. They're even well documented.

Below is a segment from a stream on GuildWars2 twitch where they introduced the new scoring system for WvW. In it, Roy talks about the next thing they'll look towards after scoring will be incentivizing winning.

"Scoring is something that I think [that] there is no necessarily best solution for it. This is, again, something that we've been wanting to work on for a while. We've talked about it previously. And it's definitely a big task that we've been wanting to work on and address. And we'll continue iterating and tweaking as needed. But now that we feel as though we've gotten some changes in for scoring, we can really start looking towards something else that we've talked about previously which is incentivizing winning. Making players more interested in winning. Making winning feel better for players and for teams. Now that we've gotten these scoring changes, or we're going to be getting them in next week, that is probably going to be where we're putting a lot of our focus for the time being and moving forward. Which I think we've seen a lot of players asking for. They want more reasons to be playing and winning. And that is very important to us and is definitely a major goal that we are planning on looking at for the future."

- Roy on 7/10/2024 (Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2194238192?t=0h35m23s)

People are exploiting into objectives using in-game skills with no 3rd party programs. If ANET is genuine with the statements that they want to "incentivize winning," "make players more interesting in winning," and "make winning feel better", then they must first fix these exploits. If you think these exploits are rampant now, just wait until these incentivizes for winning are implemented.

• Like 3

Just had a DE port upwards into FK North cliff side with 0 status bar stuff, no hero banners no nothing, only dodge food and power utility, and well over 90+ seconds after catching them there and forcing them to jump off prior.
"Teef haters just want it removed cuz of Stealth"
...and then we have, consistently well documented atrocious behavior, like this.
At some point, the common hate is not just about balance anymore.

• Like 3

This is not a thief problem. It’s a not-fixed-exploits problem.

2/9 classes being able to teleport a few friends in after they hide successfully is (and always was) part of the game.

them bugging and exploiting into structures is too, but shouldn’t be. But well… it is what it is.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Hirasaki.6208 said:

Can ANET Please do something about thieves being able to hack inside keeps/towers.   All they need is 1 Thief, 1 Mesmer, and 3 friends and they can 1) Thief hacks into tower/keep 2) Thief jumps down and tele's the mesmer 3) Mesmer ports the rest 4) Kill the Lord in less than 1 minute  5)  Defenders stunned to see a T3 Garri/Keep gone without notice.

ANET needs to remove Thief's ability to port ppl in WvW or just rework that ability.   Even without hacking, all a group needs to do is break into outer and inner, hide the thief, and wait for the defenders to leave, then thief ports mesmer, mesmer ports the rest, and Poof, easy T3 keep/garri.

It would be easy to add some invisible walls here and there, but somehow they don't. Maybe no one dares to touch the code?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CafPow.1542 said:

2/9 classes being able to teleport a few friends in after they hide successfully is (and always was) part of the game.

Every week I lose count to the amount of times I port people inside towers. It's astonishing how no one bothers to check for mesmers.
Sometimes I don't even hide, just put a portal there, jump outside the tower and wait till portal almost runs out to port inside again.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Every week I lose count to the amount of times I port people inside towers. It's astonishing how no one bothers to check for mesmers.
Sometimes I don't even hide, just put a portal there, jump outside the tower and wait till portal almost runs out to port inside again.

Yeah and that’s okay if you are already in. This mechanic is in the game and ofc one can use it.

if you would exploit your cheeky mesmer buttocks in a structure, that would be a problem.

but not the skill, the exploit is.

We should not focus on things that are not broken when we have literally broken stuff that make exploits possible is what i think.

• Like 2

Yeah and that’s okay if you are already in. This mechanic is in the game and ofc one can use it.

if you would exploit your cheeky mesmer buttocks in a structure, that would be a problem.

but not the skill, the exploit is.

We should not focus on things that are not broken when we have literally broken stuff that make exploits possible is what i think.

I know, just commenting on the hide part.

It's true that thieves exploit getting into structures, but I've been accused of doing it too when all I did was stay inside when tower was capped or defended and no one even checked.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

It's true that thieves exploit getting into structures, but I've been accused of doing it too when all I did was stay inside when tower was capped or defended and no one even checked.

Yep. Okay afaik mesmers have possibilities too. Heck i even know a spot for the eles to „jump“ ibto a tower. (Dunno if it’s fixed or nah).

that makes the cry for a nerf to thief even more pointless. At least eles can’t port friends in i guess but since a tower is easy solo-able… eh. Anyways.

1 hour ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Or worse, ppl DID check, called out the Mesmer/Teef, the rest of the team ignores/doesnt see it and the portalling is successful anyway.
Its unreal how many "good players" just don't seem to react to things, like ppl driving irl.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Or worse, ppl DID check, called out the Mesmer/Teef, the rest of the team ignores/doesnt see it and the portalling is successful anyway.
Its unreal how many "good players" just don't seem to react to things, like ppl driving irl.

Sometimes you write that enemy is stealthing nearby in say chat and your "allies" just stare at the gate and die to enemy bomb for free. Even though they had 5 light years to react to it.
My only reaction after seeing it for like 5613756187513 time is Huh?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/23/2024 at 12:08 PM, CafPow.1542 said:

This is not a thief problem. It’s a not-fixed-exploits problem.

them bugging and exploiting into structures is too, but shouldn’t be. But well… it is what it is.

Go round and round here. Removing port might be an option. Or change it so it can't be used vertically. I dislike removing valid tactics in game play though. But with that and the change to sword logic triggering if the lord is under fire, that might work. Anyone see any Warclaw hoppers so far after change?

29 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Go round and round here. Removing port might be an option. Or change it so it can't be used vertically. I dislike removing valid tactics in game play though. But with that and the change to sword logic triggering if the lord is under fire, that might work. Anyone see any Warclaw hoppers so far after change?

Eh … i wouldn’t want to lose this interaction. If a mesmer or thief can manage to fool defenders by hiding properly, his reward is that he can port in his friends. That’s the game.

i am on the „fix the exploits anet“-team more.

i mean if somebody breaks my car i want it to get fixed and not you, breaking your car too so we both are at equal terms again and come late to work.

Eh … i wouldn’t want to lose this interaction. If a mesmer or thief can manage to fool defenders by hiding properly, his reward is that he can port in his friends. That’s the game.

i am on the „fix the exploits anet“-team more.

i mean if somebody breaks my car i want it to get fixed and not you, breaking your car too so we both are at equal terms again and come late to work.

Yeah would prefer terrain issues dealt with as well or address the skills allowing the exploits.

On 9/23/2024 at 10:22 AM, TheIceman.1039 said:

It would be easy to add some invisible walls here and there, but somehow they don't. Maybe no one dares to touch the code?

The problem with this, which is a start, is that the people using things like sword 2 to exploit in, are also running the cheat software to just instantly appear at lords room to take things.  And Anet apparently can't afford to run anti-cheat software.  There are tons of places in the game that just teleport you out if a condition isn't met, the area under silverwastes for example.  You can mount over the hedge wall, but the game just loads you outside.  It tells me they could do something about the exploits, and even the teleport hacking to lord that happens hourly, they just don't.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

There are tons of places in the game that just teleport you out if a condition isn't met, the area under silverwastes for example.  You can mount over the hedge wall, but the game just loads you outside.  It tells me they could do something about the exploits, and even the teleport hacking to lord that happens hourly, they just don't.

Good luck doing that where 1/3 of the players are allowed inside and 2/3 are not, and who the 1/3 is can change as often as every 5 minutes. Especially with as old code as Silverwastes.

2 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

The problem with this, which is a start, is that the people using things like sword 2 to exploit in, are also running the cheat software to just instantly appear at lords room to take things.  And Anet apparently can't afford to run anti-cheat software.  There are tons of places in the game that just teleport you out if a condition isn't met, the area under silverwastes for example.  You can mount over the hedge wall, but the game just loads you outside.  It tells me they could do something about the exploits, and even the teleport hacking to lord that happens hourly, they just don't.

ANet actually tried to bring in anti cheat software at one point, but they stealth patched it in and did it in basically the most invasive way possible which caused a massive backlash from the community. 

Tbh it would be nice for this exploit to be fixed. It won't help the people who whisper me saying I've been reported because they don't understand how I did something, or those that think I've exploited into a tower when I've just walked through an open wall and used a tree tonic, but it would be nice to not be automatically accused of cheating just because of the class I've played since launch. I just hope they don't break sword thief in the process, since that's my favourite weapon set. 

• Like 1