Quickness and Alacrity

Shaogin.2679

Ok, coming back to WvW again to grab another Gift of Battle, and I guess I missed something. My Druid and Scourge no longer give Alacrity, and my Scrapper no longer gives Quickness. So my first thought is they were purging those boons from WvW in the sense that support classes would not be providing those boons. But then I see Firebrands and Chronomancers still providing those boons. So I guess I don't get the logic behind removing those boons from some support classes but allowing other support classes to keep them. Was this ever explained?

P.S. - Just so you all know, if Anet would just make the Gift of Battle tradeable I would gladly pay 100 gold or so for one on the TP. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

37 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Ok, coming back to WvW again to grab another Gift of Battle, and I guess I missed something. My Druid and Scourge no longer give Alacrity, and my Scrapper no longer gives Quickness. So my first thought is they were purging those boons from WvW in the sense that support classes would not be providing those boons. But then I see Firebrands and Chronomancers still providing those boons. So I guess I don't get the logic behind removing those boons from some support classes but allowing other support classes to keep them. Was this ever explained?
P.S. - Just so you all know, if Anet would just make the Gift of Battle tradeable I would gladly pay 100 gold or so for one on the TP. 

Because Druid and Scourge were newer implementations of those boons last year, turns out it was too much access, scourge in particular with barrier spam, so they reverted them.

Gift of battle wouldn't be 100gold if it ever hit the trading post, thousands of them would be up within the hour, they are not as rare or hard as pve'ers think they are. Pretty easy to farm for wvw players because they're not constantly looking at the track and counting down every minute it takes to finish it, they just focus on playing the mode in whatever way and get it in 4 hours. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Alacrity sources were cut in WvW, druid was affected too.

Quickness on scrapper was changed to requiring a blast or leap into a combo field a while back. That's for any game mode and not WvW exclusive:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kinetic_Accelerators

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Alacrity sources were cut in WvW, druid was affected too.

Quickness on scrapper was changed to requiring a blast or leap into a combo field a while back. That's for any game mode and not WvW exclusive:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kinetic_Accelerators

I've noticed alacrity sources were cut, but not removed. Was just trying to understand the logic as to why.......

Also, that link shows that the quickness was removed in WvW/PvP exclusively........

Edited by Shaogin.2679

6 hours ago, Oldyoung.6109 said:

They're slowly removing them from PvP modes but since they can seemingly only change a few things per class per patch we're gonna have to wait a couple years for parity, give it time.

Thanks, that actually makes some sense at least. 

6 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Because Druid and Scourge were newer implementations of those boons last year, turns out it was too much access, scourge in particular with barrier spam, so they reverted them.

Gift of battle wouldn't be 100gold if it ever hit the trading post, thousands of them would be up within the hour, they are not as rare or hard as pve'ers think they are. Pretty easy to farm for wvw players because they're not constantly looking at the track and counting down every minute it takes to finish it, they just focus on playing the mode in whatever way and get it in 4 hours. 🤷‍♂️

Except Druid and Scourge weren't the only ones affected, and having more support classes able to provide the boons only affects the variety, not the volume. Also, seem to have touched a nerve with my little joke at the end there. You do realize that people have game mode preferences and real life time constraints right? Glad you love WvW, pat yourself on the back, you are not everyone, in fact not even in the majority there. 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 4

4 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Except Druid and Scourge weren't the only ones affected, and having more support classes able to provide the boons only affects the variety, not the volume. Also, seem to have touched a nerve with my little joke at the end there. You do realize that people have game mode preferences and real life time constraints right? Glad you love WvW, pat yourself on the back, you are not everyone, in fact not even in the majority there. 🤷‍♂️

lol dunno why you got super offended, I'm just pointing out some facts. 😏🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

You do realize that people have game mode preferences and real life time constraints right? Glad you love WvW, pat yourself on the back, you are not everyone, in fact not even in the majority there. 🤷‍♂️

The nerve touching seems to go both ways.

He has given you factual information. There is nothing else behind it.
If GoB was tradable, then every WvW player would only farm this track. Many only use tracks that yield something at the end that you can turn into gold. Tracks no longer have any other use for WvW veterans. And if a GoB was only 10 gold, everyone would switch their tracks to the GoB track - including me and I still have 5 of them in stock. (My second account has 3 lying around, my third account has 4 lying around, even my fifth account has one even though it's not even rank 400 - so easy to get).

GoB is so much easier and quicker to farm than a GoE.
I think a GoE would be way, way more expensive in the tp than a GoB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

If GoB was tradable, then every WvW player would only farm this track. Many only use tracks that yield something at the end that you can turn into gold. Tracks no longer have any other use for WvW veterans. And if a GoB was only 10 gold, everyone would switch their tracks to the GoB track - including me and I still have 5 of them in stock. (My second account has 3 lying around, my third account has 4 lying around, even my fifth account has one even though it's not even rank 400 - so easy to get).

No nerve touching on my end, I was just explaining what happen with the boons and what would happen with gob. I have 195 gobs sitting on my main account without even trying because I was farming the extra memories of battle off it, and have like 2k instant reward track potions I could use still for more, I would imagine the more hardcore wvw players have more than me sitting around. There's no way gob would stay at 100g on the tp, it would have to be merchant sold like icy runestones to keep it at 100g. Someone just couldn't handle the truth.

I have even suggested many times to give pve'ers access to gob out of wvw entirely or lowering it's time by making rewards track faster pace in eotm where they could go farm it easy and quietly, then they cut the time in half with the wizard vault implementation, less than a goe would take, and people still complain. So for him to come at me that I don't respect people have "real life constraints" is laughable. Not a wonder where some vets get their bad attitudes towards pve players. 😏🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

19 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

lowering it's time by making rewards track faster pace in eotm where they could go farm it easy and quietly

I'd love if EotM gets a use. I've so many open achievements there and nobody wants to go there and if then only when there's the 5 events weekly and they do only the usual quick stuff.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I'd love if EotM gets a use. I've so many open achievements there and nobody wants to go there and if then only when there's the 5 events weekly and they do only the usual quick stuff.

EotM might as well be used as a test server that people can wait out a queue in and knock out achievements and stuff. They can even test gimmicky stuff like trying the other mounts in WvW alongside day and weeklong events around subjects of practical feedback dealing with boons, stats, and whatever. 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2024 at 11:22 AM, Lucy.3728 said:

I'm not even farming them to sell (cause can't), I just didn't like opening certain boxes despite some of those tracks being more rewarding.  SO, I have 2 stacks of them in the bank.  The wife has like a stack and a half.  I think my 10 year old has like 80 of them.  It only takes 4 hours to complete a GoB track with no effort really required (could just do 1 yak every 5 minutes for that time).  Compared to exploration which takes on average 20 hours and requires you actually run around doing things.  And with low dps could take 30-50 hours.

Honestly, I'd like to see all the gifts be sellable, cause that would be interesting to watch.