PvE Gift of Battle

Kulvar.1239

Eh, there are only nine possible wvw dailies and two of them are "kill three ppls" and "participate in a defense event", neither of which is going to appeal to someone averse to wvw. I'd agree selecting pve & wvw would get you half wvw progress most days . . .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

Eh, there are only nine possible wvw dailies and two of them are "kill three ppls" and "participate in a defense event", neither of which is going to appeal to someone averse to wvw. I'd agree selecting pve & wvw would get you half wvw progress most days . . .

You only have to clear 3 out of 4 of them, outside of the occasional day where you get both of those you can clear the chest just doing PvE-esque stuff.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You know, I knew that. I always do all four before I claim the daily chest bc you get the bonus for however many you have completed when you claim the chest, so I want max rewards and just wasn't thinking about it. But ofc someone who was just trying to advance the GoB track as you pointed out could just skip either of those two "real" wvw dailies when they came up and still get the bonus for three those days, four for the rest. The only time they'd be missing out is on the days when they both appear, and idk how frequent that is bc I do the pvp/wvw split . . .

I know ANet is not gonna do ***about it, but requiring GoB for legendaries was a mistake from the beginning.

Legendary weapons of all three generations should require a different gift, one obtained by completing a story ( killing Zhaitan should reward two of them, similarly to how map completion gives two GoE). That would make those weapons fully PvE-only obtainable (as it should be).

Now, WvW and PvP folks should also have the ability to get leggy weapons, like they do with armor and some trinkets. Those leggies should be obtainable by grinding either game mode exclusively, without stepping a foot in PvE. Similarly to Triupmhant leggy armor, those weapons would be purely functional - without flashy effects (maybe spend some extra skirm tickets for some aura or whatever). Instead of GoE that is seemingly a PitA for WvW/PvP ppl, they would need something like Gift of Legendary Dolly Slapping or Gift of Legendary Catapult Placing or something similar.

Everyone happy 😛

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

16 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

Where did you get that idea? The entire concept of legendary weapons was about mastering all three game modes . . .

Not really. Sure, they did inroduce Gob when they still thought they'd be able to convert large part of playerbase to PvP modes.That design turned out to be a failure practically from day one. And they should have already known it would be the case, based on not only other MMORPG games, but also their experience with GW1.

Notice, though, that while GoB remains for the next weapon generations, it was dropped from any other legendary types, except in cases of legendaries tied to WvW (WvW armor, ring, one backpack). And, even more clearly showing that your claim has never been true, is the fact that there's no hard SPvP requirement for anything (again, except for SpvP legendaries: SPvP armor, amulet and one backpack). Not even for weapons. There's no "Gift of Dueling" or anything like that. There's only  Gift of Glory, but Shards of Glory can be simply bought from TP. And that gift is not even required for first generation of legendary weapons - those have no SPvP component whatsoever.

tl/dr version: in reality, there never was any "mastery of all three game modes" requirement. And if there ever was any concept like this, it wasn't put into game.

• Confused 4

19 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Wrong, but an additional source for gift of battle is not necessary. 

"I say you are wrong, but I don't say why". 🤡

The only thing that's wrong here is your logic. lmao

You can't even deliver a single reason or a single argument for your nonesense claim.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

tl/dr version: in reality, there never was any "mastery of all three game modes" requirement. And if there ever was any concept like this, it wasn't put into game.

There really was, and the fact that it remains in the game is evidenced by this very thread, and every other one like it we suffer through each week ; p

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

"I say you are wrong, but I don't say why". 🤡

The only thing that's wrong here is your logic. lmao

You can't even deliver a single reason or a single argument for your nonesense claim.

Why should I repeat the same reasons and arguments over and over again? 

every game mode should have unique rewards, that’s good for the game. The most unique rewards are already in PvE.
Gift of Battle is a great motivation to try WvW. That’s how I and many others started playing WvW. 
Gift of Battle should stay in WvW just like Gift of Exploration, Gift of Maguuma and Gift of Cantha should stay in PvE. It’s a shame that you can buy the sPvP item on the TP. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

every game mode should have unique rewards, that’s good for the game. The most unique rewards are already in PvE.
Gift of Battle is a great motivation to try WvW. That’s how I and many others started playing WvW. 
Gift of Battle should stay in WvW just like Gift of Exploration, Gift of Maguuma and Gift of Cantha should stay in PvE. It’s a shame that you can buy the sPvP item on the TP. 

a.d. 1 - like it or not, PvE funds the game, so it's reasonable to expect thatm ost flashy rewards are in this game mode

a.d. 2 - or a great burden for anyone who does not want to fight other players (for example due to having enough PvP in real life) .Sad state of this game mode, lack of updates, lack of proper tutorials, gankers and zergs rotflstomping newbies who dare to venture outside of spawn point is NOT a motivation. I hate PvE instanced content in this game, that's why I had to do WvW for leggy armor (this was way before SotO). I endured it long enough to get what I wanted, but I'll never go back there. It's boring and no fun at all. I'm happy I got enough GoB during that time to make like 40 legendaries. Never again.

a.d. 3 - see above. sPvP is even worse. Amount of toxicity in thie game mode is beyond measure. ANet did the split right in GW1 and I'm glad they did not force it on PvE folk in GW2.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

That's the point, you never brought up any reason or argument. Just your "wE dOn'T nEeD tHaT" nonesense. 😉 

Hey, finally an actual argument!

And yes, the main game mode is PvE. You should accept that.

And then there are many people like me who stay afk on a WvW map for 4-5 hours only doing a camp or so every 10 minutes while blocking a map spot for the rest of the time.

For what GoB is needed and how it is aquired currently is a great motivation to leech in WvW.

What actually motivated me to play WvW is the current bonus event, because it gives me the option to get ~2 GoBs without having to stay in WvW for ~8-10 hours.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

You should accept that.

I do, I play all modes the game has to offer.
And you should accept that gift of battle is a WvW item. Legendaries are completely optional and not a necessity. You want them? Do what is required just like everyone else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

The tides of want are raising up again I see. I'll just leave my 2 cents and be gone than.

GoB should stay as is imho. Getting full lege, that seems to be end goal for many players, should require You to at least dip a little finger in each of the game mode. Especially when legendary items are not required to enjoy any content the game have to offer plus even more "especially" that you don't even have to do any actual PvP inside of WvW to get it. How many GoBs You need to get full lege anyways... two? three? 

When I wanted Incinerator but was too lazy to do GoE, I just bought it from tp, You can do the same with gen 3 avoiding the whole process completly.

When I wanted gen 2, I did what the game was asking me to do. Becouse this is what games are about, overcoming adversities, not complaining on the forums.

PvE funds the game? I agree, and for it, it gets 99% of the devs attencion. If You are too busy, too anxious or whatever than rethink Your end game goal, swallow Your pride, and go do something else in the game mode of Your desired choice. In case You are "worried" of taking up space in WvW... don't be. You paid for the game, You have right to be there and do whatever You like as long as it aligned with ToS.

GoB got me into WvW and I enjoy it. Just like the rest of this beautiful game. Do I have whole lege eq despite playing a single character from the release and enjoying every game mode? No. I sit on 40 GoBs, I have prec for Coalescence, lots of time to make Aurora and Vision. And yet I have like 7-8 lege weapons, amulet, WvW backpack, and mix of raid/ow armor without shoulders from any and with medium chest from both. And for now i am not planning to expand it, at least until I see new spear which would be my 2nd spear but who cares. Instead, I focused on acquiring rare infusions and collecting the skins I actually like for my fashion wars, doing what is required to get each piece, and having a great fun doing so.

Belive it or not, but not having this purple text over every single item in my eq, didn't gate me from doing any content in this game, nor it didn't take my fun away.

• Like 2

And you should accept that gift of battle is a WvW item.

And you should read the topic of this thread again... 😉

A simple question just for you: Why do PvE trinkets need a GoB aka you need to play WvW, while the WvW trinkets do not require any PvE-only item aka you don't have to play any PvE? Think about it.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Confused 2