Willbender catagorically needs a nerf

Melumi.6432

To be fair willbender as a class isn’t completely OP.  If you bring a block or invuln and use your dodges you can basically negate their burst. Then they either stick around and die or (if they play renewed focus) pop their elite, refresh their virtues and kite away to burst you again in 20-30 seconds. 

You could play a class that doesn’t have issues with willbender / or rather power dps specs like: spellbreaker, stone heart earth-weaver, dragon hunter, virtuoso.

Now where I would argue its OP is when you compare it to other roamer / power team fight specs. I think it far outperforms builds like power herald, post nerf vindicator, soulbeast, and untamed for instance. I sincerely enjoy power herald but it’s a simple fact that I can be 2-3x as effectively on willbender while exerting 1/2 the effort. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Essence Snow.3194 said:

I'm having 5/10 WB per match...it's obvious that'll need a fix. In the mean time...I'm going to play it as they made it as it is.

I knew something had gone horribly wrong when instead of 2 necros and 1 guard per team, I started seeing 1 necro and 2 guards per team.

Edited by Hotride.2187

11 hours ago, Codename T.2847 said:

Ah, the classic 'you don't like how a class ruins your gameplay experience? Just go play it then'

The classic "I tried, but couldn't pull it off, so will just call it OP and complain about it on the forums.👌

10 hours ago, gyravi.9632 said:

It gets boring after literally 1 match (...) you are carried and the spec does for you instead of personal skill and you drop it, (...) maybe you are an ape who just like winning and mashing buttons for reward, (...) but at least don't be hypocrit and flex that you are skilled and high risk by playing an ape but broken spec, that's all.

There it is, the "everyone that beats me up is just an ape playing an OP ape spec, I don't play it because I'm not an ape" guy, every time 🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Captain Crapface.7528 said:

I have things called "dignity" "self respect" and "functioning testicles" that prevents me from playing specs that ruin the fun for other people.

What ever you say Captain Crapface 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

I'll let you in on a secret, you can play Wilbender right now and enjoy all that OPness that you claim it has, knock yourself out.

19 hours ago, GuriGashi.5617 said:

Idk sounds to me like a L2P issue considering Willbender saw close to no play last Tournament of Legends

Classic willbenders. I Know why they're white knighting their class, I know why you don't want Fair you don't want balance what you want is to be able to pub stomp people  without any retaliation.  

The same with thief d/p, S/d/ Axe/d  deadeye rifle

Mesmer Chorno Spear with rifle/   Rifle sword and sheild/     Spear- greatsword.     

All of these thing Great and fungameplay very fun very Interactive ( sarcasm ). 😂

Anyone remember the terror that was POF Scourge gameplay? and the atrocity that it caused to the Spvp 3 years no nerfs to be seen AHAHAAHAHA Willbender will have the sametreatment no nerfs until next EliteSpec and who what they will do or be or when it will eeven comeback maybe never 😅.

Necromancer -  Bloodsage Scourge

Howdy 🤠

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ferus.3165 said:

willbender is literally so op i saw some guy swap away from willbender in the middle of the match in the tournament yesterday. He just couldn't handle the power.

The skill level of guildwars 2 most of the pvp player base in not even at 50% there's nothing driving the players to be at the top of their game, the ones that were at the top of the game are gone their is no Financial incentive to keep playing no big Regional tournaments with a prize pool, so they can be core pillars of the PVP community.  

you're seeing now is just above average player gameplay, and not even that. Theirs nobody that can take their class to the Limit atm it's all pretty mediocre gameplay atm.

yeah they will be a lot of class switching in the middle of the tournament because it's not *working out*. Also probably be a strategic choice  😅

i dont think Willbenders need a Nerf at all..  20-30k aoe dps with Spear and also boonrip on top of that is totally fine.

Also that Willbenders have more Mobility than any Thief in GW2.. i mean hey, Willbender is like a Ninja. 

I would nerf Engineer Rifle more and ofc Warriors... because warriors already doing no damage anymore since the Spear Nerf, it clearly need more Nerfs to Warrior

9 minutes ago, Vyseman.2947 said:

i dont think Willbenders need a Nerf at all..  20-30k aoe dps with Spear and also boonrip on top of that is totally fine.

Also that Willbenders have more Mobility than any Thief in GW2.. i mean hey, Willbender is like a Ninja. 

I would nerf Engineer Rifle more and ofc Warriors... because warriors already doing no damage anymore since the Spear Nerf, it clearly need more Nerfs to Warrior

They probably have now dps meter addons like in pve set up so they can admire their output in fights 😁