Rangers and stability?

Cragga the Eighty Third.60

I don't like to post a whiny thread, but--They released PoF with pretty much every mob using pushes, pulls, knockbacks, swirlies, and whatever other motion attacks they could think of.

And they took away Stability from Signet of the Wild, so that the only ranger skill with Stability is Dolyak stance.

In other words, if you don't want everything in PoF to throw you around like a bag of laundry, you HAVE to play Soulbeast. Am I wrong? Nobody else seems to have complained about this, so maybe I'm missing something.

I'd understand the complaint if it was leveled more at PvP/WvW. PoF PvE isn't that bad. As I recall, the only truly dangerous mob CCs were from Branded Ogres. Mobs don't generally follow up on a knockback too well.I mean maybe a group of Forged but it's your own fault if you pull a lot of them.

But yeah: SOTP, cele avatar 5. As well as the many options for stunbreaks.

@DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:And dolyak stance. Not sure why no one mentioned that when mentioning ca5. Traited nature spirit if you want to get technical but not worth it for solo stuff.

As others have said though, dodge and stun breaks instead of taking the hit.

Because the question was about what OTHER sources of Stability Rangers have beyond Dolyak Stance. :P

@Toolbox.9375 said:

@DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:And dolyak stance. Not sure why no one mentioned that when mentioning ca5. Traited nature spirit if you want to get technical but not worth it for solo stuff.

As others have said though, dodge and stun breaks instead of taking the hit.

Because the question was about what OTHER sources of Stability Rangers have beyond Dolyak Stance. :P

lol. was reading on my phone and didn't realize I had skipped the OP. Makes sense =)

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:I don't like to post a whiny thread, but--They released PoF with pretty much every mob using pushes, pulls, knockbacks, swirlies, and whatever other motion attacks they could think of.

And they took away Stability from Signet of the Wild, so that the only ranger skill with Stability is Dolyak stance.

In other words, if you don't want everything in PoF to throw you around like a bag of laundry, you HAVE to play Soulbeast. Am I wrong? Nobody else seems to have complained about this, so maybe I'm missing something.

Druid is in an even worse position.

They took our only utility that grants stability - the ONLY one and left us with a 75 or traited (ouch) 60 second whole few seconds of stab thatcan and is ripped.

Ok, that's not a game, that's just laughing at how much an engi, guard or warrior has compared to a thief or ranger, the former is not as bad off sincethey just go stealth and stomp.

Archived