SoulBeast BRAWLER Sniper Build-Guide

Biklen.5490

Hi man, watched your stream last couple of days and enjoyed it more than ever once you came out with this build. Very efficient original build that exactly suits your play-style, A true Bik build. Just one tip I haven't seen you utilize, the "beastly warden" trait go separate cool down for both pet F2 and soulbeast F3, but only if you use the pet F2 first. So for example, you can use smokescale F2 for the smoke field+taunt ->go beastmode F3, for extra taunt+stealth. After they will fix the "live fast" trait with F2 abilities, combos like that will be even stronger. Using your pets more, going it and out of soulbeast, could make you even stronger, I think.

@"LughLongArm.5460" said:Hi man, watched your stream last couple of days and enjoyed it more than ever once you came out with this build. Very efficient original build that exactly suits your play-style, A true Bik build. Just one tip I haven't seen you utilize, the "beastly warden" trait go separate cool down for both pet F2 and soulbeast F3, but only if you use the pet F2 first. So for example, you can use smokescale F2 for the smoke field+taunt ->go beastmode F3, for extra taunt+stealth. After they will fix the "live fast" trait with F2 abilities, combos like that will be even stronger. Using your pets more, going it and out of soulbeast, could make you even stronger, I think.

That is a good oberservation bro. Very good feedback actually. I guess the reason I do not use my F2 pet so much is because I am always starting my fights from Range. But yea you are right when it comes to those fight on points that will have alot more...But most of the time im at 1000+ Range Bursting people down before they see me...But yea good look bro

@Biklen.5490 said:

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:deadeye called, it says can only be 1 sniper - nice video but i think in ranked that thief is better for the mobility

You are joking right?

nope. but i will run the build you have shown to let you know what i really think about it, been looking for a good ranger build, tired of running DE lately and renegade is a joke with the bugs its got atm., btw subscribed

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:deadeye called, it says can only be 1 sniper - nice video but i think in ranked that thief is better for the mobility

You are joking right?

nope. but i will run the build you have shown to let you know what i really think about it, been looking for a good ranger build, tired of running DE lately and renegade is a joke with the bugs its got atm., btw subscribed

Thank you for the sub - After you try it let me know if that deadeye Sniper comment still stands.

@Spartyr.6795 said:This was a good video. I like how you explained your thoughts about dagger since it’s a bit of an odd choice. Thank you.

P.S. Do you miss not having the unblockable effect from the Unstoppable Union trait? Seems like it would be helpful with your style.

It is a good trait if you leave BeastMode a lot. But once you leave it you also leave a lot of passive healing. So in result i would say yes it is a great traitline on a different build. This build requires you to make sure you are always in it to receive the passive heal and remain in combat.

@Biklen.5490 said:

@Spartyr.6795 said:This was a good video. I like how you explained your thoughts about dagger since it’s a bit of an odd choice. Thank you.

P.S. Do you miss not having the unblockable effect from the Unstoppable Union trait? Seems like it would be helpful with your style.

It is a good trait if you leave BeastMode a lot. But once you leave it you also leave a lot of passive healing. So in result i would say yes it is a great traitline on a different build. This build requires you to make sure you are always in it to receive the passive heal and remain in combat.

It looks like all of those minor SoulBeast traits only proc on entering SoulBeast so it’s really between Fury/Quickness on activation or Unblockable.

I kinda wish now there was some third option in that line that didn’t rely on entering Beastmode.

With all due respect I'd like to add these as suggestions:

the build

-Call of the Wild is better than One Wolf Pack and synergizes well with both Beastmastery and any boon duration rune-Sic 'em: nice burst on a low CD, can be replaced by stone signet-Warhorn>dagger (at least for me, mostly because of the vuln stacking and unblockable from WH5)-Surging runes, because might isnt the only boon you rely on

I also thought about playing it full meele going GS+Sw/Wh...

Opinions are welcome!

@"Nimrud.5642" said:With all due respect I'd like to add these as suggestions:

the build

-Call of the Wild is better than One Wolf Pack and synergizes well with both Beastmastery and any boon duration rune-Sic 'em: nice burst on a low CD, can be replaced by stone signet-Warhorn>dagger (at least for me, mostly because of the vuln stacking and unblockable from WH5)-Surging runes, because might isnt the only boon you rely on

I also thought about playing it full meele going GS+Sw/Wh...

Opinions are welcome!

I Think Rangers are in a great spot atm due to being a "counter" to the most OP BS build we have in the game atm: Scourge.

I was playing alot of scourge last week, and its a pain in the ass when you have a pew pew ranger shooting you from 1200 units away, and kittting you all day.

I dont think full meele is a good pick. Just my opinion bth.

it's funny, i've been running a very similar build in PvP and it's the most fun i've had since season 1.This is what i run: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnE8CtCilsAusAUtglEBrJdFCOB5P3pb39JAksedlcu0A-jpgSABsWGAg9HAAI like the rage runes for spike damage but i've tried strength runes and didn't see any drawback, maybe just a flavor choice?I really like the spike I get from Sic 'EmBear stance cleanses a lot of condi's and has saved me in a few tight situations.I prefer GS to S/D, the evades on S/D are great but i love the GS 3,5,2 combo and the extra mobility it brings, again maybe just a flavor choice but i survive more fights with GS than S.

@"Prophet.1584" said:it's funny, i've been running a very similar build in PvP and it's the most fun i've had since season 1.This is what i run: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnE8CtCilsAusAUtglEBrJdFCOB5P3pb39JAksedlcu0A-jpgSABsWGAg9HAAI like the rage runes for spike damage but i've tried strength runes and didn't see any drawback, maybe just a flavor choice?I really like the spike I get from Sic 'EmBear stance cleanses a lot of condi's and has saved me in a few tight situations.I prefer GS to S/D, the evades on S/D are great but i love the GS 3,5,2 combo and the extra mobility it brings, again maybe just a flavor choice but i survive more fights with GS than S.

I agree on the GS comment... It's a great combo to execute especially when LB2 is on cooldown close before a kill and they are trying to get away. Swap to GS for 3,5,2 and they are probably already downed and almost finished..The damage numbers you can put out are amazing.. I usualy try to wait out the fight with LB1 auto's untill some of their defense has been burned down.. Then pop Moa Stance, Quickening Zephyr, Wolf Stance and use Worldly Impact before a LB2 burst.. They just melt away!!You can counter pressure a lot of classes with these kind of builds.. But in my opinion it's not the strongest for 1vs1. But to +1 a fight to put pressure on scourges/mesmers/guards is awesome.. I've never had so many top stats in PvP as I do with the Soulbeast build.

@Spartyr.6795 said:

It looks like all of those minor SoulBeast traits only proc on entering SoulBeast so it’s really between Fury/Quickness on activation or Unblockable.

I kinda wish now there was some third option in that line that didn’t rely on entering Beastmode.

Hey by the way Bik, I saw your stream the other day where you were frustrated people were already changing this build. I hope this comment didn't come across like that. I really like the build and it's got synergies I've never noticed before (eg. protection on dodge, coupled with vigor on evade). I was just curious what your thought process was in choosing one trait over the other. No offense intended.

Not sure how to post this without being rude :). I'd love to look at your concepts and rationales without watching all the hype and extraneous stuff that makes you a popular person to watch on stream. I always had the same problem with Helseth, it may be pure brilliance but I just don't have the patience to wade through the personality, haha.

I'm not even recommending you do it because I'm sure I'm in the minority, but it would be awesome if you had a 4 minute condensed version where you were serious and talked exclusively about game play concepts rather than playing air horn sounds.

Edit: Ok so waded through like 50% of the video. What you're advocating is the same LB + S/D I was running in 2012. It's a good build...

@Fluffball.8307 said:Not sure how to post this without being rude :). I'd love to look at your concepts and rationales without watching all the hype and extraneous stuff that makes you a popular person to watch on stream. I always had the same problem with Helseth, it may be pure brilliance but I just don't have the patience to wade through the personality, haha.

I understand what you're saying. I must say for me his videos fall into the entertaining category, I watch them more for that reason than for the actual gamepley tips he gives out (there are some good tips in there ofc), and I like that. I also loved Helseths videos for pretty much the same reason.

Speaking of Helseth, I can understand why his vids made a lot of people angry due to his personality (I guess they didn't understand the underlying humor!), but I just loved it!

Archived