Necro Soul Marks - Marks not unblockable

JustDemons.4358

I've noticed this too and I just live with it. I frequently get the "blocked" message whether I drop marks right on top of people, or leave them on the ground where they are triggered later. People rarely mention this so it must be intended in some sort of way. Would be nice if Anet commented on this and if it's unintended and if it's easy fix, please address it

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:I've noticed this too and I just live with it. I frequently get the "blocked" message whether I drop marks right on top of people, or leave them on the ground where they are triggered later. People rarely mention this so it must be intended in some sort of way. Would be nice if Anet commented on this and if it's unintended and if it's easy fix, please address it

i mean yea, either they should be blcokable or unblockable so i have to assume its a bug... it wouldn be the first time necro has bugss.. i just recall retaliation not working on a skill or this in and out of shroud where u entered and immediatly went out of shorud (now we have a 1 sec cd on shroud).

@"X T D.6458" said:Are you sure they are being blocked, and not just evaded/dodged?

yo i just checked again the block "symbol" is shown and it is clearly distinguishable from evades and such

Guys, I didn't test this out, but it's very clearly easy to see whether or not something has been blocked, or the person is invulnerable. Also this is pretty much breaking the trait if marks cannot be unblockable with it, because the very point is to get life force from the marks actually hitting your target.

@Crazy.6029 said:This happens when you drop a mark or a mark is triggered and/or more than 5 people. It will select 5 ( not sure how) then anyone with a block boon up after that will show the message you are getting. I've never seen it on less than 5.

I thought marks were already limited to 5 targets? This honestly never happened to me before and I always used soul marks.

@Crazy.6029 said:This happens when you drop a mark or a mark is triggered and/or more than 5 people. It will select 5 ( not sure how) then anyone with a block boon up after that will show the message you are getting. I've never seen it on less than 5.

i thought of that myself already. but still i think i saw like ~6ppl getting hit and 3 of em showed the block msg. have to watch out more for it.

unblockable means it will bypass every ennemy skills that have a "block" component like the #5 from guardian focus or aegis and such powers. Although it will not bypass invulnerability component skills powers like signet of stone or warrior invulnerability stance or engineer potion.For instance unblockable attacks from warrior signet and ranger works exactly the same way.Invulnerability is an upgraded block and it can not be bypass.The thief DD block is really a block not an invulnerability and it can be bypassed by unblockable component skills.When your unblockable Attack bypass a block defense it will hit, although hitting an invulnerable target it will say either invulnerable or block.When an Attack is blocked it won't apply its conditions nor effects nor damage.Invulnerable>blockTest for yourself in unranked pvp arena.

The Mark deals its damage even if the blocked message shows up. It's the secondary effect like a damaging sigil or a proc like Chill of Death or Chilling Nova that is then blocked afterwards as it is not part of the unblockable Mark.

If you interrupt a block with Mark 5 you should never see the blocked message. This of course does only work if you target has no stability (which negates the interrupt).

Just a silly idea: Why don't you bother going into your guild arena with a friend and try to figure out whats happening? Unequip all your clothes (to rule out runes) buy a white lv1 staff in one of the main cities (for a few copper, to rule out "on crit procs") and make sure you have the trait while testing it on different blocking abilities with a friend.I haven't played necro for a while but a friend plays pretty much exclusively necro and I haven't heard him complain, so I would assume that there is no bug.(He would've complained... he always complains!)

Yes, I had soul marks enabled. No, I'm not running any proc traits, sigils, or runes that would cause this to occur. I haven't been able to recreate it, but there are times when the marks are randomly blocked. The most notable of which was an engineer using gear shield ran over all 4.

This leads me to believe the game was checking for blocks and either didn't catch up in time to cross check for unblockable or that there is a bug. It seems to happen at random

Archived