Revenant the only class without a great/meta tier build

Coolguy.8702

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:Rev is fine and needs nothing

shh don't tell the truth

fixed for accuracy

You're alone in your badly informed opinion so I hardly see how you tell the "truth"

I guess Naru pretty much saying it's A tier just went over your head.

Seems certain players can't perform on classes unless that class is broken OP.

That's why we see so many revenants in ranked and top 250, and so many posts thanking Anet for finally fixing revenant's problems from the last 3 patches /s

Helseth also said scepter Mesmer would be OP when they added conditions to autos. Pardon me if I don't give a kitten what some DH main said.

We've been through this before you and I.

It seems your problem with Rev is that it isn't broken OP. Maybe all the past success you had with the class was it being over tuned? I mean we had "pro" revs like months after HoT dropped destroying pro's with 3yrs exp on their mains....that's all personal skill right?

No.

The problem with Rev is it was broken OP for far too long and the players who "main" it, aka FoTM it, got used to that. So they believe that Rev should always be that strong. Now that it's not and it can't carry those players you are seeing complaints that it's too weak. When the reality is it's fine.

The REAL issue is your skill level not the class.

The "pros" in this game are/were no better than anyone else lmfao. Some of them were actually kind of kitten. I have farmed near all of them before in solo q. When rev came out btw, anybody who switched to rev had already been playing for years. When I played warrior I 1v2d and 1v3d.

The best players imo only play solo q. I say this as someone who has been legend every season solo q that I played.

I'm pretty sure the best people in game don't even do the ATs...

Rev was never broken op. How kitten at the game are you? Even in season 1 it wasn't the best performing spec.

Do you even leaderboard?

It's hard to take you serious when you are making threads like this.

I'm pretty sure if you are needing stealth to compete on your rev it's a safe assumption that you aren't farming anyone.

Thank you for the input though and have a nice day

That's really the conclusion you came to because I said rev needs stealth? ... Wow

I mean I'm rank 50 ish right now, playing only rev but that doesn't really say anything about the class as a whole. I think it would be fair to say that I farm the majority of players in this game lmfao...

I win because of other things that are not exclusive to rev. If I played war/holosmith/burst mes and brought the same strategy I usually use I'd be pretty solidly top 15.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:Someone posted some logic finally.

Rev is fine and needs nothing

Yeah, just dirt from other professions boots. It's what this class is made for, to serve as training dummy for other classes :/

You're being over dramatic.

There is nothing wrong with the class and it needs nothing.

This is all just a huge skill check

You overextend yourself at trying to protect your biased greedy point.

There are LOTS of things wrong with this class and it needs addressing every since the class came out. Like getting stuck in the walls with sword 3, or the same skill hitting some random rock instead of your target. Precisive (how ironic) strike firing one projectile at your enemy while the other two seeking god knows what phantoms. And it's not like we can move on and switch to an another power weapon because we don't have any.

Arguing with you is pointless, just like reading comments of bronzies and silvers in class subsection that believe they've made a new brand build that works.

@Halikus.1406 said:

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:Rev is skillful now

Don't make me laugh...What is so skillful about porting and pressing sword 4 for the so called burst dmg in comparison to all the preparations we had to do to proc equilibrium for example?

Equi was insta cast and 360 degree and I still believe that offensive insta cast abilities are not that healthy for a competitive game mode. Doesn't it feel dumb random dodging in an attempt to predict steal or FA burst/knock?

shh don't tell the truth

fixed for accuracy

You're alone in your badly informed opinion so I hardly see how you tell the "truth"

I guess Naru pretty much saying it's A tier just went over your head.

Seems certain players can't perform on classes unless that class is broken OP.

That's why we see so many revenants in ranked and top 250, and so many posts thanking Anet for finally fixing revenant's problems from the last 3 patches /s

Helseth also said scepter Mesmer would be OP when they added conditions to autos. Pardon me if I don't give a kitten what some DH main said.

We've been through this before you and I.

It seems your problem with Rev is that it isn't broken OP. Maybe all the past success you had with the class was it being over tuned? I mean we had "pro" revs like months after HoT dropped destroying pro's with 3yrs exp on their mains....that's all personal skill right?

No.

The problem with Rev is it was broken OP for far too long and the players who "main" it, aka FoTM it, got used to that. So they believe that Rev should always be that strong. Now that it's not and it can't carry those players you are seeing complaints that it's too weak. When the reality is it's fine.

The REAL issue is your skill level not the class.

The "pros" in this game are/were no better than anyone else lmfao. Some of them were actually kind of kitten. I have farmed near all of them before in solo q. When rev came out btw, anybody who switched to rev had already been playing for years. When I played warrior I 1v2d and 1v3d.

The best players imo only play solo q. I say this as someone who has been legend every season solo q that I played.

I'm pretty sure the best people in game don't even do the ATs...

Rev was never broken op. How kitten at the game are you? Even in season 1 it wasn't the best performing spec.

Do you even leaderboard?

It's hard to take you serious when you are making threads like this.

I'm pretty sure if you are needing stealth to compete on your rev it's a safe assumption that you aren't farming anyone.

Thank you for the input though and have a nice day

That's really the conclusion you came to because I said rev needs stealth? ... Wow

I mean I'm rank 50 ish right now, playing only rev but that doesn't really say anything about the class as a whole. I think it would be fair to say that I farm the majority of players in this game lmfao...

I win because of other things that are not exclusive to rev. If I played war/holosmith/burst mes and brought the same strategy I usually use I'd be pretty solidly top 15.

You claim you are top 50 where no one PvP's anymore and also claiming you farm all the pro's yet I bet your win % is like not even 60%

Your opinion was appreciated we just need serious opinions

Have a great day man

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:Someone posted some logic finally.

Rev is fine and needs nothing

Yeah, just dirt from other professions boots. It's what this class is made for, to serve as training dummy for other classes :/

You're being over dramatic.

There is nothing wrong with the class and it needs nothing.

This is all just a huge skill check

You overextend yourself at trying to protect your biased greedy point.

There are LOTS of things wrong with this class and it needs addressing every since the class came out. Like getting stuck in the walls with sword 3, or the same skill hitting some random rock instead of your target. Precisive (how ironic) strike firing one projectile at your enemy while the other two seeking god knows what phantoms. And it's not like we can move on and switch to an another power weapon because we don't have any.

Arguing with you is pointless, just like reading comments of bronzies and silvers in class subsection that believe they've made a new brand build that works.
  1. Getting stuck in geometry is a game issue not purely a rev issue
  2. Lots of skills miss or don't act how they are supposed too....every class has it

Your biggest problem is precision strike not hitting not landing all 3 on a single target. I tend to find positioning helps.....

Thanks for helping me prove my point.

@"JayAction.9056" said:I win because of other things that are not exclusive to rev. If I played war/holosmith/burst mes and brought the same strategy I usually use I'd be pretty solidly top 15.

This is the thing people fail to understand. People who play Rev play it for the challenge and because it's fun, not because we think it's the meta.

I got to plat with freaking power Renegade and yet do I think Renegade is at all viable? Hell freaking no I've even made a thread explaining why it's bad and should only be played if you enjoy it. The players behind Rev are good, not the class. I know it's arrogant to say this but it's the truth.

And then Anets blatant class favoritism doesn't really help us either. The fact that condi mesmer becoming "bad" prompted emergency buffs after the balance patch even though mes already has a meta rated build is really telling. Whoever is behind Anets balance team has clear and obvious bias. We might as well all reroll mesmer for the season. In fact if the top 5 mesmer players made a 5 man mesmer team I wouldn't be surprised at all if they rocked everyone.

@"Miles Smiles.8951" said:Equi was insta cast and 360 degree and I still believe that offensive insta cast abilities are not that healthy for a competitive game mode. Doesn't it feel dumb random dodging in an attempt to predict steal or FA burst/knock?

Equilibrium was a Passive skill, being a passive is quite different from being an active skill which are the ones that usually have a cast time. Passives obviously don't have a cast time because they have certain conditions to be activated and there was no way someone could even spam it, so your argument about equilibrium being insta cast is invalid. And If anet has a problem because ppl like you "Feel dumb" to random dodge to insta cast skills, again why ONLY REVs has to suffer for it? Did you see steal being reworked to put a cast time for example, like you yourself mentioned?

You people don't even TRY to put more thought into it lol

@Halikus.1406 said:

@Miles Smiles.8951 said:Equi was insta cast and 360 degree and I still believe that offensive insta cast abilities are not that healthy for a competitive game mode. Doesn't it feel dumb random dodging in an attempt to predict steal or FA burst/knock?

Equilibrium was a
Passive
skill, being a passive is quite different from being an active skill which are the ones that have a cast time. Passives obviously don't have a cast time because they have certain conditions to be activated and there was no way someone could even spam it, so your argument about equilibrium being insta cast is invalid. And If anet has a problem because ppl like you "Feel dumb" to random dodge to insta cast skills, again why ONLY REVs has to suffer for it? Did you see steal being reworked to put a cast time for example, like you yourself mentioned?

You are confusing instant cast with passive. Passive is something you have no control over, Equilibrium needed a setup and went off after the rev pressed a specific button under specific circumstances. If that's passive then so is Blink or Shadowstep or Mantras.

@Miles Smiles.8951 it already had its damage nerfed in the past, Equ was perfectly fine and on its own it didn't do much, you had to combo it. It's something that needed planning, resource management, other CDs for the combo and a 10 second wait at the very least after a legend swap. It was way more healthy gameplay than the easymode 25 Might stacking that took its place that even a monkey could do, or the 10k AoE damage soft-CC new sword4.

@"witcher.3197" said:You are confusing instant cast with passive. Passive is something you have no control over, Equilibrium needed a setup and went off after the rev pressed a specific button under specific circumstances. If that's passive then so is Blink or Shadowstep or Mantras.

Er... Nope dude.

"Traits are passive abilities that can enhance a character's skills, provide bonuses to damage and attributes, and modify their actions"Scource: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trait

Equilibrium was a Trait and being a trait it was a passive skill modifing something's action, legend swap in the case.

@Edit: Highlighted for better understanding.

@Halikus.1406 said:

@Miles Smiles.8951 said:Equi was insta cast and 360 degree and I still believe that offensive insta cast abilities are not that healthy for a competitive game mode. Doesn't it feel dumb random dodging in an attempt to predict steal or FA burst/knock?

And If anet has a problem because ppl like you "Feel dumb" to random dodge to insta cast skills, again why ONLY REVs has to suffer for it? Did you see steal being reworked to put a cast time for example, like you yourself mentioned?That's what I said on December the 5th almost right after the change:"But yeah maybe then they should focus on getting rid of every insta hit/cast mechanic like afore mentioned FA's Electric Discharge (which far more frequent than equi and much greater range, tho not aoe) or insta stealth like Blinding Powder or Decoy and Prestige"

I never said that "ONLY REVs has to suffer for it". Don't you think I mentioned steal and other stuff because in my opinion it probably deserves a similar treatment?

@witcher.3197 said:

Equilibrium was a
Passive
skill, being a passive is quite different from being an active skill which are the ones that have a cast time. Passives obviously don't have a cast time because they have certain conditions to be activated and there was no way someone could even spam it, so your argument about equilibrium being insta cast is invalid. And If anet has a problem because ppl like you "Feel dumb" to random dodge to insta cast skills, again why ONLY REVs has to suffer for it? Did you see steal being reworked to put a cast time for example, like you yourself mentioned?

You are confusing instant cast with passive. Passive is something you have no control over, Equilibrium needed a setup and went off after the rev pressed a specific button under specific circumstances. If that's passive then so is Blink or Shadowstep or Mantras.

Yeah, you controlled it by swapping legends, it wasn't a random passive proc, it was rather a modification to your legend swap which is active (you press a button to do so, right?)@Miles Smiles.8951 it already had its damage nerfed in the past, Equ was perfectly fine and on its own it didn't do much, you had to combo it. It's something that needed planning, resource management, other CDs for the combo and a 10 second wait at the very least after a legend swap. It was way more healthy gameplay than the easymode 25 Might stacking that took its place that even a monkey could do, or the 10k AoE damage soft-CC new sword4.I know, I never said it was broken or OP or imbalanced (even less so for the reason it was usually only when Glint into Shiro), I just assumed that a mechanic like that is probably not the healthy one for a competitive game mode, and I'm more than willing to let it go if other classes are also deprived of some of the insta cast mechanics. And stacking 25 Might is easy now, I agree, but it's also easy to strip, steal or corrupt it these days, so there are lots of counter play to it and counter play is healthy, isn't it?

Equilibrium was revs literally only instant cast damage though...now I feel differently because I've adapted (and stopped using shield, no dmg otherwise), but when the patch hit I felt much weaker to builds with high damage mitigation uptime. Specifically, DHs, Holo, Daredevil, Mirage, and to a lesser extent Warrior.

Imo Equilibrium was instrumental for blowing through "chinks in the armor" of certain builds. Now everything rev does might as well be announced on map chat, it's just a flashy and worse warrior. I guess Brutality quickness helps though.

@Halikus.1406 said:

@"BeLZedaR.4790" said:Rev is skillful now

Don't make me laugh...What is so skillful about porting and pressing sword 4 for the so called burst dmg in comparison to all the preparations we had to do to proc equilibrium for example?This is exactly why I'm not playing rev anymore, because I don't like the path that anet is taking with my class making everything "easier".In case you have a short memory this is what they said when they gutted it:

"We also took a hard look at the Invocation trait line and removed several of the
harder-to-use
traits based on energy thresholds"

I've said this countless times for people who say "rev is fine" to me but rev still has the most glitched weapon since it's creation to this moment, very poor synergy between specialization trees, it's easily pressured by condi dmg, very poor customization with it's utilities, an archaic system like energy gating our every action from weapons to utilities, 0 weapon diversity for it's builds, completely dependant of it's elite spec "Herald" since launch which makes core builds completely null, etc...So if you think that "Rev is fine" PLAY with it for a week at least and then come back to say that it is fine.

I completely agree with those who say that a buff to condi cleanses like cleansing channel and legend swap would bring life back to us revs but this is not even half of the issues that anet has to fix, which they could've already fixed by now if they weren't busy reworking mesmers the class that has a place anywhere in any game mode at any time.I don't want an OP / easy-to-play class, I want a class that I can have fun with without the feeling that I always have to do 10x more than my oponents to perform well.

I said rev is skillful because of the exact thing you said that you have to put in double the effort compared to other classes to kill people.

Aso I know what it’s like, I was top 10 as rev only for quite some time, but haven’t recovered from a loss streak yet feels kinda bad kinda dgaf.

Was it more skillful with eq? Yes. Agreed.It still is though.

Why i advocate rev doesn’t need buffs despite it’s severely underperforming?Because I don’t like powercreep.I want nerfs to the broken shit ( will never get i know ).I guess it’ll just get buffed to broken levels as well and then “all viable good balance” LUL.

Also wtf happened to my poor condi rev thx to the abomination that is scourge feelsbadman with gun.

@Coolguy.8702 said:And yet they got nerfed further more in this last balance patch. Over my 80+ games played ive only seen 2-4 revs played and its looking like Anet doesnt give a kitten about em.

Edit: Lol metabattle deleted all the bad ratings just o bring it back up to great tier, its still kitten tier no matter how much they try to make people think otherwise

It's not true. Look at weaver, he is even in worst position. Weaver got from test to good and then nerfhammer got him. He is still in good tier, but nobody really plays it because let's be honest it's sucks comparing to other professions.There are 2 types of revenants. One is really bad and others ones are really good. (Not much players in both tiers) So it's a profession that requires skill. So people tend not to go with it and choose something simpler for example something that requires you to press less buttons and give zero care about you cooldowns. So if they gonna buff rev to level where everyone will be facerolling it some people who are extremely good will be kinda crazy unbeatable gods. XD Something like this. Well that's my idea of it. I guess that's the same problem with weaver - a bit more buff than needed and some pro will be insane. But well to be honest, I don't play in high tier division so I don't really care about those monsters so - bring buffs to revenants and weavers XD

@Cryformercy.3056 said:

It's not true. Look at weaver, he is even in worst position. Weaver got from test to good and then nerfhammer got him. He is still in good tier, but nobody really plays it because let's be honest it's sucks comparing to other professions.There are 2 types of revenants. One is really bad and others ones are really good. (Not much players in both tiers) So it's a profession that requires skill. So people tend not to go with it and choose something simpler for example something that requires you to press less buttons and give zero care about you cooldowns. So if they gonna buff rev to level where everyone will be facerolling it some people who are extremely good will be kinda crazy unbeatable gods. XD Something like this. Well that's my idea of it. I guess that's the same problem with weaver - a bit more buff than needed and some pro will be insane. But well to be honest, I don't play in high tier division so I don't really care about those monsters so - bring buffs to revenants and weavers XD

This thread was posted months ago, when avatar weaver used to be in the great tier. Still though, its pretty sad that anet refuses to give either of these 2 any meaningful buffs, guess they'll have to wait for the next new elite specs in a few years

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:Meanwhile, did some ranked games this season with old traits, Swift Termination and Rolling Mists are just sooo much better for +1 class revenant currently is. Wish they shifted things like Brutality and Song of the Mists to 2nd traits tier.

I really wanna hate it but I'm like addicted to Brutality quickness now, no ST for me :(

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:Meanwhile, did some ranked games this season with old traits, Swift Termination and Rolling Mists are just sooo much better for +1 class revenant currently is. Wish they shifted things like Brutality and Song of the Mists to 2nd traits tier.

I really wanna hate it but I'm like addicted to Brutality quickness now, no ST for me :(

AA beats both fyi. Brutality is outclassed by it in pvp.

Archived