Remove downstate beta from PvP

Chilli.2976

@"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:No removing downstate would be a big mistake. It would remove the fight complexity in pvp and www, while making pve hell. Think about this: you wouldn't be able while doing pve content to get ressed by your party...In pvp/www leaving someone in downstate it's a strategic move that can let you decap a point or go help your allies while your enemies are out of 1 team member.Edit: just came to my mind that all the skill involving res would become useless as a lot of traits in many trait lines across all classes

Actualy skills which revive could be turned into something like Ressurection Signet in GW1.Right now, "revive skills" are barely used in sPvP as they have way too long cast times.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"Rezzet.3614" said:all of support specs and skills an traits would need a super overhaul if down state was removed

That's just not true lmao.

Many revive traits and revive utilities, how is it not true these would need to be reworked?

Edit:Skills
!"

Traits

xd

"Many" =/= "all" xdAnd wouldn't really be so hard to change them into healing/differently supporting skills for pvp. What you wrote in this and your previous post are 2 completely different things. So either you've changed your mind now ooor... Well, poor wording before :)

And wouldn't really be so hard to change them into healing/differently supporting skills for pvp.

Considering that Anet don't want skills /traits to be functionally different in different game modes and they would have to correctly balance these changes everywhere should something so ingrained in game be changed; I wouldn't be so sure.

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:

And wouldn't really be so hard to change them into healing/differently supporting skills for pvp.

Considering that Anet don't want skills /traits to be functionally different in different game modes and they would have to correctly balance these changes everywhere should something so ingrained in game be changed; I wouldn't be so sure.

Obviously(?) we're talking about the case in which we don't consider Anet "not be willing to do something to make the game better". Because if that wasn't the case, then this would be in the first post in form of a statement instead of the poll. That's also kind of the reason I asked why is "Never going to happen" even an option to choose, as it's pretty much a non-answer and it just skews the results. Is this a "yes, but they won't implement it anyways"? Or is it "no and they won't do it anyways"?I feel like this poll/thread shouldn't be about whether or not anet is willing to do it, but instead it should be a discussion about whether or not it would make the pvp part of the game better.Hopefully I didn't make the explanation too confusing and you can understand what I mean by that :p

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Rezzet.3614" said:all of support specs and skills an traits would need a super overhaul if down state was removed

That's just not true lmao.

Many revive traits and revive utilities, how is it not true these would need to be reworked?

Edit:Skills
!"

Traits

xd

"Many" =/= "all" xdAnd wouldn't really be so hard to change them into healing/differently supporting skills for pvp. What you wrote in this and your previous post are 2 completely different things. So either you've changed your mind now ooor... Well, poor wording before :)Theres another factor to consider , no downstate means base profession sustain would have to be significantly buffed and then support specs would need even more buffed heals and boons because now their job becomes solely making sure allies dont even reach 25% hp , downstate is a necesary evil , at best we can ask for down skills to be removed in pvp and wvw

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:downstate adds additional fight complexity, why on earth would you want to try and simplify gameplay?

Pressing [interact] on a stationary target while sometimes popping some invulns or instant healing buttons is hardly a proper layer of complexity, just in the same way that mashing a PvE rotation on a defenseless, stationary target is hardly a complex combat decision.

@Cynz.9437 said:

@"Rufo.3716" said:Wouldn't hate to see it be taken out for PvP only.

This is what the whole post is about and people are thinking it's for PvE and WvW. LUL

Talk for yourself?

After reading this great answer I scrolled up to see what's your opinion ("opinion", not "I clicked on an answer in the poll") on this matter. Also checked the previous thread aaaand... nothing? But you bothered with "talk for yourself?" response for some reason? :D

Downstate adds a clutch factor to the game.

Thief for example. Say thief is glass and gets downed very fast on a +1 mid fight. He may have downed some one else in the process who was mid's important support (guard) or AoE dps(necro) backbone to the mid-fight. A safe stomp will immediately kill the guard or necro while stomping out the thief will take longer due to thief's downstate, assuming thief teleports away of AoE cleaves or a ranger teleports him away.

But vice versa - if the other team has a boon removal skill or stacked CC to strip Stability, then they could buy time by preventing the stomp and downing the thief.

Voted "No" because I see clutch situations like these all the time. Downstate is an excellent, strategy given mechanic. It's one of the reasons why Conquest as our only game mode lasted for this long.

@Saiyan.1704 said:Downstate is an excellent, strategy given mechanic.Tactics, not strategy. Strategy is the larger scheme of things, such as planning to hold mid at the start of a round. Tactics would be a specific manouver to succeed with that strategy, such as stomping an enemy on mid to hold it. Downstate is part of the tactical combat. Sorry, had to nitpick.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Rufo.3716" said:Wouldn't hate to see it be taken out for PvP only.

This is what the whole post is about and people are thinking it's for PvE and WvW. LUL

Talk for yourself?

After reading this great answer I scrolled up to see what's your opinion ("opinion", not "I clicked on an answer in the poll") on this matter. Also checked the previous thread aaaand... nothing? But you bothered with "talk for yourself?" response for some reason? :D

Because there was already a thread about this subject about week ago. I voiced my opinion there. Nothing to discuss anymore.

@Furious.2867 said:Didn't they remove the original Capricorn because there were issues re-doing underwater combat?Expect downed state to be an exponential ordeal to remove.

I was a fan of water combat.

It did not need redoing it was arguably more balanced than land combat theres no one hits underwater.

Sure rangers downstate is strong down there but its for surely not a gamebreaking issue.

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:

@Furious.2867 said:Didn't they remove the original Capricorn because there were issues re-doing underwater combat?Expect downed state to be an exponential ordeal to remove.

I was a fan of water combat.

It did not need redoing it was arguably more balanced than land combat theres no one hits underwater.

Sure rangers downstate is strong down there but its for surely not a gamebreaking issue.

I thought they changed it due to rangers downstate? it was impossible to kill a ranger with shark as a pet and the pets would often do more damage than most classes underwater weapon abilities.

If I remember right, it was a tactic to have the rangers camp that underwater node.

@sephiroth.4217I would camp down there on anything and was successful almost every single game. I mostly played mes back then some thief/necro I didnt have a problem with rangers no matter what I played or whether I was playing it or against it. I liked water a lot. I spent my time and practiced underwater on mobs though I got very good underwater with everything I played just incase I played capricorn which I dont think many did I think most just went down there and spammed tbh.

When i bought a custom arena I tried to do water only combat/gvg matches noone came to play with me I was sad. They didnt come for land ones either but I really wanted those water 5v5/8v8s.

Water gave us ten more weapon skills to work with aside from using land ones all the time that get old. I really appreciate this from the water.

Archived