Remove downstate beta from PvP

Chilli.2976

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@trunks.5249 said:

@jihm.2315 said:increase health by much and remove it why not

but then you would have lots of crying because it takes longer to kill people like they did a few seasons ago when everyone was making tanks. kitten i miss my settlers amulet in pvp

they can also easily add more vitality to damage amulets and reduce the offensive stats without going full bunker the quality of combat for me is even more important than winning when people 2 shot each other its not combat for me its who ever tricks each other so let those type of people cry

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:@sephiroth.4217I would camp down there on anything and was successful almost every single game. I mostly played mes back then some thief/necro I didnt have a problem with rangers no matter what I played or whether I was playing it or against it. I liked water a lot. I spent my time and practiced underwater on mobs though I got very good underwater with everything I played just incase I played capricorn which I dont think many did I think most just went down there and spammed tbh.

When i bought a custom arena I tried to do water only combat/gvg matches noone came to play with me I was sad. They didnt come for land ones either but I really wanted those water 5v5/8v8s.

Water gave us ten more weapon skills to work with aside from using land ones all the time that get old. I really appreciate this from the water.

I loved the water combat too but I was a ranger main back in those times so if I ever struggled on land, I would just go and camp the water node and have lots of success but you could be right about people just spamming abilities, I did and relied on my pets to do most of the work, I could get downed under water several times from the same guy but would end up killing him because of pet rezzes.

@sephiroth.4217 I played ranger as one of my classes then as well I found them strong but not insurmountable. On land I see bigger problems than just ranger in water, some hard counters are insurmountable.

Shark and Armored fish ftw i really like the armored fish. My favorite pet in the game aside from the hawk I use to go with my name savage like buzzard (hawk is buzzard).

It's not like downstate is a new addition to the game, it has always been part of the game (as far as I know). Everyone knew about downstate when they started playing and now you want it removed. This would take up considerable resources to change all the things related to downstate. This has been brought up time and time again with different meta's and patches. People just need to adapt to the current meta and not suggest removing features that are a part of the core game.

Oh look a house right next to an airport, lets buy it it's cute. .(years later).. These airplanes make to much noise, file a complaint with the FAA and have all of the flights rerouted or close the airport.

@Cynz.9437 said:

@"Rufo.3716" said:Wouldn't hate to see it be taken out for PvP only.

This is what the whole post is about and people are thinking it's for PvE and WvW. LUL

Talk for yourself?

After reading this great answer I scrolled up to see what's your opinion ("opinion", not "I clicked on an answer in the poll") on this matter. Also checked the previous thread aaaand... nothing? But you bothered with "talk for yourself?" response for some reason? :D

Because there was already a thread about this subject about week ago. I voiced my opinion there. Nothing to discuss anymore.

Have a link? :p

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"GoZero.9708" said:Downstate is one of the most interesting aspects of GW2's combat. If it goes, I go.

I don't see how it's interesting in the current form from the pvp perspective. I think "newb-friendly" was what you meant. Interesting? Well designed? No.

"Newb-friendly" would be a game where Berserkers can run around and kill enemies in one or two shots. Most modern shooters are considered "newb-friendly" because you can get kills without having to reliably be able to aim and all you need to do is get the jump on people. The downstate adds a layer of engagement to combat that prevents that. I can well imagine that you're just a thief pissed off that you never take into account the skills and abilities of a class you've targeted before engagement and get frustrated when you can pop them down quickly but fail when it comes to finishing players off.

Down skills are meant to be unbalanced. Of course the Necromancer would have more power that close to death than an Engineer.

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:@"sephiroth.4217" I played ranger as one of my classes then as well I found them strong but not insurmountable. On land I see bigger problems than just ranger in water, some hard counters are insurmountable.

Shark and Armored fish ftw i really like the armored fish. My favorite pet in the game aside from the hawk I use to go with my name savage like buzzard (hawk is buzzard).

hehehe... My shark was "Bruce".

How do you link my name in red text btw?

For anyone don't like downstate, feel free to not do anything while in downstate then. Consider yourself already kiled and w8 for spawn.Downstate is really part of game mechanics with that amount of hp that classes have right now.If it;s going to take downstate away they have to split classes at the classic trio with tanks dps and healers. Also they have to add a significant amount of hp in classes(about triple as it is right now), and i'm not mentioning all the trait changes that need to be taken.It will take away the only interesting thing about gw2 imo. To be in downstate and to have the chance to recover is one of many reasons that this game keeps me in.Personal opinion.....

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Rufo.3716" said:Wouldn't hate to see it be taken out for PvP only.

This is what the whole post is about and people are thinking it's for PvE and WvW. LUL

Talk for yourself?

After reading this great answer I scrolled up to see what's your opinion ("opinion", not "I clicked on an answer in the poll") on this matter. Also checked the previous thread aaaand... nothing? But you bothered with "talk for yourself?" response for some reason? :D

Because there was already a thread about this subject about week ago. I voiced my opinion there. Nothing to discuss anymore.

Have a link? :p

Cba.

@Rezzet.3614 said:All we need is to have downstate skills removed , downstate sucks now cuz some are better than other , necro flat out deals more damage than while alive while healing

Maybe that's coz it was made that way by purpose. It's difficult to remove features which were made into game since beginning and everything else is build around it. Necro deals a lot of damage while downed by purpose too. One shot wonder teef mad much?

@jalmari.3906 said:

@Rezzet.3614 said:All we need is to have downstate skills removed , downstate sucks now cuz some are better than other , necro flat out deals more damage than while alive while healing

Maybe that's coz it was made that way by purpose. It's difficult to remove features which were made into game since beginning and everything else is build around it. Necro deals a lot of damage while downed by purpose too. One shot wonder teef mad much?

Did you just assume my profession?!

But yeah necro downstate is overpowered as heck in pvp just like elementalist downstate is cheap in wvw allowing the use of gates.

I have had a total of 17 characters hit level 80, necro cheese got so bad since HoT i played necro exclusively for a while so im not talking out of my posterior when i say necro auto is the most powerful downstate skill.

Also even if something was mad a certain way on purpose it does not mean it is fine nor balanced, if a profession had infinite hp and aoe insta kill by design no one would say it is balanced

Archived